Navigation

Thread: Navigation

Kurier auf Stube...pauke! NachtPiloten's Avatar

Icon5 Navigation

Early in the Blitz the Germans and BC did use radio navigation beams to guide bombers to targets. X-Gerat and Y-Gerat (German) and Oboe (BC). These were line of site beams that emitted a constant signal that had left and right bands (German method). As long as the pilot heard both the same in their headphones they were on course. 5 minutes form the target a signal was received to notify the range and once over the target a second signal and bombs were dropped. The Coventry raid was an example of this working well.

Now here is the question - using spawn files could you emit the noise such that you have three paths. A center one with both signals and a l/r with the corresponding sound. And once 5 minutes form the target the first alert and then once over the target a drop bombs signal. I know certain radio chatter has been programmed in the game before so this would be a similar concept. Any ideas....?

If my memory still has some working neurones, would say it seems to have some similarity with the Radio Range system (using morse code letters A and N, both letters mixed giving a continuous tone for the center path) that was initially released for FS2004, basically for the DC-3, or the MAAM-SIM R4D.
    Look for rr40.zip, as well as various other gauges for this system, or some panel versions to fit other aircrafts.
    Am now running P3D v4.5, and never tested again the RR... so can not tell.
    You can also have a look at the YE-ZB navigation system (FSX and FS2004).
    Both however should possibily be reworked, and/or implemented to include the 5 min. alert and the drop signal, I guess.
    Blue skies
    Windows 10 x64, Z170A Gaming Pro Mobo, i7-6700K CPU (no O/C), 32 Gb DDR4 RAM, RTX3060 12Gb, P3D v5 latest edition, mesh Toposim, packs ORBX FTX Global Base + Vector + OpenLC, + Trees HD, ASP3D, ASCA, P3D v6 latest edition, mesh Toposim + TEP, X-Plane 12, simHeaven X-World, M2XP Antarctica

Kurier auf Stube...pauke! NachtPiloten's Avatar

Radio navigation

Will take a look see - tks

Members who have read this thread: 0