Rob's F2H-2 BANSHEE for P3Dv4.5 is out - Page 3
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Rob's F2H-2 BANSHEE for P3Dv4.5 is out

You can find most of my repaints for FSX/P3D in the library here on the outhouse.
    For MFS paints go to flightsim.to

You can find most of my repaints for FSX/P3D in the library here on the outhouse.

Great job on the Banshee

Thank You for This Great looking Jet.

Love those latest paints, Jankees.
    -- WH

If at first you don't succeed, try, try,try again. ... or go read the manual.

Blog Entries
    Thanks Jankees for another USMC paint. It's lovely!

dl

I'm glad you like them, they have been uploaded so have fun
    and if you can, do post a screenshot, I'd appreciate it.

2020-1-20_22-12-45-667

2020-1-19_22-57-47-787

2020-1-19_23-17-25-138

Many thanks for the great paint schemes.

Oh and lovely shots of them as well.

nice shots!
    The latest paints, a duo from VF-101:
    jk4743

jk4757

jk4773

Jankees your paints are stunning! But can anyone tell me how to get the Banshee to cleanly come off a cat please? My naval aviator skills are very limited and every time I try to launch she just goes nose up and crashes.

All help gratefully received...

DaveQ
    'Always do sober what you say you'll do when you're drunk. It'll teach you to keep you mouth shut' - Ernest Hemingway

Quote Originally Posted by DaveQ View Post
    Jankees your paints are stunning! But can anyone tell me how to get the Banshee to cleanly come off a cat please? My naval aviator skills are very limited and every time I try to launch she just goes nose up and crashes.

All help gratefully received...

DaveQ
    http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforum...=1#post1208561
    Charlie Awaiting the new Microsoft Flight Sim and will eventually buy a new computer. Running a Chromebook for now!

CURED!!

I had a feeling there was a solution out there! Many many thanks!

And this is a lovely aeroplane to fly; I even managed to trim it to land hands off except for round-out - amazing!

123340 from VF-172 aboard USS Essex 1951

Added a bit of stencil work, metal texture files and played with the smoothness a bit. Looks gorgeous IMHO. Thanks a million Rob!

DaveQ
    'Always do sober what you say you'll do when you're drunk. It'll teach you to keep you mouth shut' - Ernest Hemingway

Blog Entries
    CURED!!

And this is a lovely aeroplane to fly; I even managed to trim it to land hands off except for round-out - amazing!

Added a bit of stencil work, metal texture files and played with the smoothness a bit. Looks gorgeous IMHO. Thanks a million Rob!

DaveQ
    Gorgeous paint, Dave!! Stenciling really makes it pop. Look forward to what you'll do with this model.

Blog Entries

AI versions of Rob's F2H - repaints

Hello,

Forgive the dumb question(s). But I'd like to put the AI model Rob did for this to some good use over a few USN and USMC bases. For that matter, his AI Cougar. And the lovely repaints that folks have done for the flyable versions of both of these.

So my questions are

1) Do the repaints done for the flyable version "fit" (map) onto the AI version? Looking at the file structures, the main fuselage and wing files appear to be.
    2) Assuming 1) is "yes" - The original AI paints being smaller file size that those for the flyable model, suggests they're lower resolution, as is appropriate for an AI model. So given I have zero experience or graphical manipulating software tools, is there a simple (ideally freeware) for simply opening and saving the repaint textures as a lower resolution file for the AI model?

If anyone has experience employing his AI models, that would be much appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

dl

DL,
    I often use full poly flyable models for my AI environments eg SEA and Korea and would not think twice about keeping hi res textures on Rob’s AI model F-2H and Cougar. It’s the model polys that matter more for frame rates IMO.
    expat
    Striker, listen, and you listen close: flying a plane is no different than riding a bicycle, just a lot harder to put baseball cards in the spokes.

Blog Entries
    Thanks ex!

Yeah, the LOD and model optimization counts the most, for sure. I have no way of knowing if Rob modeled in multiple LODs or not. But the models clearly are lighter, with no VCs, and the paints are smaller file sizes, so all portend to decent performance. I didn't know if there was more optimization to be squeezed by decreasing the file size further down to the same size as Rob's smaller AI-specific paints were.

I just need to set some quality time aside to play with my traffic files. I've got a retro Pensacola project that I'll mention when I'm a bit a closer ....

Banshee ctd

Hello all
    I have installed Rob's Banshee in P3D latest version but when I select it and load a flight it crashes the sim back to desktop ?
    I believe I installed correctly but as the read me says " install in usual way " i may have missed something ,?
    any ideas as to what it is
    thanks

CURED!!

DaveQ

That's a beautiful paint, Dave !
    Crossing my fingers you will make it available for DL somewhere.
    Cheers, MZee ...

W11, Ryzen 9 7950X3D, GeForce RTX 4090 AERO OC, ROG Strix X670E-A Gaming, G.Skill Trident Z5 Neo RGB DDR5-6000 CL30 AMD EXPO 32GB (2), Kraken Z73 360mm, Lian Li UniFan SL120 V2 (10), Samsung 990 PRO PCIe 4.0 NVMe 2TB (4), MEG Ai1300P, Lian Li O11D XL, Logitech Z906 5.1, T16000M FCS HOTAS, Xbox Controller, Acer Nitro XV282K 4K UHD LED.

All white "Arctic" build.

Wheel Texture and GPS Issues

I just recently downloaded this great AC and it is definitely one of my faves in the virtual hangar. Thank-you Rob, for this beauty.

Just have a query re a couple of small things I noticed. When I call up the GPS (Shift +1) pop-up, the screen has a black band across the bottom. Also, the landing gear wheels look silver when AC standing still, but turn 'black' when AC reaches a certain speed. Both of these minor anomalies are shown below in the pics.

Anyone else seeing these ? Perhaps I did something wrong during the installation ? (I'm running FSX, but posting here also as this thread seems to be very active.)
    Any help would be much appreciated.
    Thank-you,
    MZ.

GPS pop-up

Standing still

Moving
    Last edited by MZee1960; February 15th, 2020 at 20:47.
    Cheers, MZee ...

W11, Ryzen 9 7950X3D, GeForce RTX 4090 AERO OC, ROG Strix X670E-A Gaming, G.Skill Trident Z5 Neo RGB DDR5-6000 CL30 AMD EXPO 32GB (2), Kraken Z73 360mm, Lian Li UniFan SL120 V2 (10), Samsung 990 PRO PCIe 4.0 NVMe 2TB (4), MEG Ai1300P, Lian Li O11D XL, Logitech Z906 5.1, T16000M FCS HOTAS, Xbox Controller, Acer Nitro XV282K 4K UHD LED.

Quote Originally Posted by MZee1960 View Post
    That's a beautiful paint, Dave !
    Crossing my fingers you will make it available for DL somewhere.
    I will do but currently it's being used as a test vehicle for developing my PBR skills so I've modified the model with MCX to introduce a dedicated metallic texture file. But my intention is to put this and any others out using Rob's original alphas so that they will go on his original model. Eventually!!

DaveQ

I will do but currently it's being used as a test vehicle for developing my PBR skills so I've modified the model with MCX to introduce a dedicated metallic texture file. But my intention is to put this and any others out using Rob's original alphas so that they will go on his original model. Eventually!!

DaveQ
    Thank-you, Dave.

Hopefully you can save the original, non-PBR version as well for us FSX users.

JanKees' PBR models look nice exterior-wise in FSX, but the VC view is surrounded by a strange silvery-white metallic glow wherever the frame is for the canopy glass.
    I just wish he had non-PBR versions for these great paints of his.
    Cheers, MZee ...

I've posted a couple of paints for the Banshee just now, together with a couple for the old Vertigo Studios Panther. I've edited the material settings for both to make them fully PBR with dedicated metal textures. PBR is especially useful with paint shine so they both look pretty good though I say myself. However, for obvious reasons I cannot upload the PBR-modified models, so the paints are for FSX and P3Dv4.

Hope you enjoy them!

DaveQ

They look great, many thanks.

Fantastic model, fantastic paints, fantastic shots!
    Best regards, Manfred.

Hi Everyone,

Yes, I'd love to see a -3/4 and -2P models as well, but no rush, and I'm happy as is.

Question... I've been putting together repaints for all the planes (in the case of the Banshee the RAZBAM model since they were using 3 and 2P's) that served on CVA-42 FDR for her cruise to the Med in '57/'58 (my dad served on that cruise).

What is the significance of the E/g and E/r on the left side of the fuselage? And why is it only on some planes? I've got one picture from the cruise book with the E's (and a few with the refueling probe), but most pictures from the cruise don't show it.

While I'm at it with the questions:
    I was able to modify the CV-43 Coral Sea Model by lazarustarkweather@gmail.com to CVA-42 by modifying the text in the textures...
    I assumed the numbering was white. But in my research I found a color photo that had the 42 on the deck in yellow (it was a Christmas Card from the cruise I think). Which is correct for that cruise?

Members who have read this thread: 2