The Channel Map

Thread: The Channel Map

The Channel Map

***New Map Revealed** The Channel Map***

********Newsletter Info****In addition to the Mariana Islands map, we are pleased to announce the first dedicated World War II map for DCS World that is created by Eagle Dynamics: The Channel map! This map will represent southeast England, the English Channel, and portions of the low countries and north eastern France. The map is built to support missions and campaigns between the late 1930s and 1945 with a new level of detail and realism not seen before in a DCS World map. Airfields of the map include:

• Manston
    • Detling
    • Hawkinge
    • Lympne
    • Dunkirk Mardyck
    • Saint-Omer Longuenesse
    • Merville Calonne
    • Abbeville Drucat

***It will also include detailed renditions of the cities, towns, road and rail network, forests, rivers, canals, communication lines, radar stations, of this important region during the Second World War.****
    ***DCS: The Channel Map will be available for pre-order with a 30% discount in early February 2020.***

More News to follow.......
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails DCS-Channel_01a.jpg   DCS-Channel_02a.jpg   DCS-Channel_03a.jpg   DCS-Channel_04a.jpg   DCS-Channel_05a.jpg  
    Last edited by Phantom88; January 10th, 2020 at 07:40. Reason: added info

Patrick

***new screens in today's news***

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails The-Channel-Map-02.jpg   The-Channel-Map-03.jpg   The-Channel-Map-04.jpg   The-Channel-Map-05.jpg   The-Channel-Map-06.jpg  

Patrick

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails The-Channel-Map-07.jpg   The-Channel-Map-08.jpg   The-Channel-Map-09.jpg  

Patrick

I know this question has probably been asked and answered (forgive me asking again if it has) but looking at the proximity of the Normandy map and the Channel Map, are they going to be connected to where we can cross between the two over the Channel?

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Hello Storm,I found this answer on DCS forums from one of the moderators......
    https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=260486

"Hi

It is not possible to merge terrains, they are from different parties.

However I see what you are saying, if a campaign creator chose different locations Normandy or The Channel for individual missions within a campaign that of-course would be possible.
    It would mean that the end user would need to own both terrains to purchase the campaign."

Patrick

Thanks for the answer. The way I read that, the user/owner of both maps can do this with the campaign option, essentially it would involved two missions, one starting on one map, the second starting in the air over the second map (not a continuous flight from one map to the other). Perhaps at some point they will come up with a way to interconnect them to where your flight/mission can run continuous between the maps.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

***new pics**

New Channel and P-47 pics up

2560×1440 940 KB

2560×1440 2.29 MB

Patrick

The aircraft in the first picture are yellow nose P-51 Ds from 361 Fighter Group and definitely not P-47 Thunderbolts........

But nevertheless nice pictures

Cheers,
    Huub

Quote Originally Posted by huub vink View Post
    The aircraft in the first picture are yellow nose P-51 Ds from 361 Fighter Group and definitely not P-47 Thunderbolts........

But nevertheless nice pictures

Cheers,
    Huub
    lol....yes....I think they're showing The Channel Map in that one I posted the Jug pics in P-47 thread...sorry for the confusion.

Patrick

This map was released yesterday along with the P-47. I did not get the Jug, but did get the map to try my Spitfire and Muntang. It is very nice but I think it needs some good optimization. I experienced stutters quite often during a dogfight instant mission that made the situation unplayable. I will investigate more with settings as I have them quite high, but it is not a problem in other maps.

It does look great though and hopefully ED will work on optimizing performance. Two snaps I took after the furball with the Antons was over:

Members who have read this thread: 0