Updating Dino's Skyhawks

Thread: Updating Dino's Skyhawks

Updating Dino's Skyhawks

I just got the emails that there were updates for Dino's Skyhawks (both TA-4 and A4), both of which require
    re-downloading in full, but I'm wondering how I should re-install.

There's no listings I can see in the Windows "Uninstall a program" files, and I couldn't find any uninstall .exe's.
    There's also no instructions in the e-mails. I'm wondering what other people are doing.

Should I run the updated installers and overwrite, or should I delete the existing old installs first? From past
    experience, either of these can sometimes result in problems.

Sorry for what might be a dumb question, but at my old age, it's getting harder and harder to trouble shoot if
    something does go wrong, so I thought I should ask first.

Thanks - RobM

I have usually just reinstalled one over the other, but back up my aircraft.cfg first. Then I can copy paste my added liveries back into the aircraft list.

Quote Originally Posted by ejoiner View Post
    I have usually just reinstalled one over the other, but back up my aircraft.cfg first. Then I can copy paste my added liveries back into the aircraft list.
    Thanks ejoiner, that's what I was planning to do, but I thought I should ask first.

Thanks again - RobM

Sorry... I have not been visiting SOH too much lately.The procedure indicated by ejoiner is correct: you can safely install one version over the previous ones... but you may want to backup the aircraft.cfg file first in case you have installed additional repaints.As side note, this is generally valid for all of my planes.

Members who have read this thread: 0