Check This Out! - Page 4
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Check This Out!

ja, es ist gut! I also see blueing on my cans!

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Jankees.jpg 
Views:	1 
Size:	81.3 KB 
ID:	73483

Oh, sneaky boy! Thanks for doing this!

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ah hah.jpg 
Views:	1 
Size:	38.3 KB 
ID:	73484
    Charlie Awaiting the new Microsoft Flight Sim and will eventually buy a new computer. Running a Chromebook for now!

Wing fold and chocks

I've noticed that the wing fold will occur only when the plane is running and the chocks will appear only when the engines are off or powering down.

Guess in the real world, hydraulic power is needed for this and avail only with engines running.

With chocks in use (visible) and power off, they (chocks) will auto disappear when spooling engines, even though (Ctrl .) brakes keys are on.

Sometimes, the chocks are a little slow to appear. Maybe programed to show when engines are stopped. Pilot goes away simultaneously as chocks appear.

Just my observations.

Edit: The lights (L) key activates the ordnance (appear/disappear) at least for me.

gray eagle
    Wing fold and chocks
    I've noticed that the wing fold will occur only when the plane is running and the chocks will appear only when the engines are off or powering down.

Guess in the real world, hydraulic power is needed for this and avail only with engines running.
    Well, they do have (did have? old plane ) hydraulic bowsers they could hook up to the planes to power up the hyd systems. I know, they aren't modeled in the sim, but for real world, wherever that is, they do have them. Had to use one for my radar system to power the antenna. The F4N/J/S's radar system. I worked on those a lot.

Sorry, nit picking...
    Carry on!
    Pat☺
    Fly Free, always!
    Sgt of Marines
    USMC, 10 years proud service.
    Inactive now...

Quote Originally Posted by PhantomTweak View Post
    Well, they do have (did have? old plane ) hydraulic bowsers they could hook up to the planes to power up the hyd systems. I know, they aren't modeled in the sim, but for real world, wherever that is, they do have them. Had to use one for my radar system to power the antenna. The F4N/J/S's radar system. I worked on those a lot.

Sorry, nit picking...
    Carry on!
    Pat☺
    Hi Pat,

Now that you mentioned it, I do remember those bowsers you mentioned. I remember when F-8's would go on jack stands and a hydraulic hookup was made so that the gears
    could be raised and lowered for periodic maintenance checks. It's been awhile.

Speaking of maintenance checks, I remember when aircraft were subject to calendar odd/even checks then that changed to phased maintenance checks.
    The logs and records guy had to go into each aircraft logbook and convert the time due for the next cal check to the next phased maintenance interval due.

Just as a side note.

MS took my W7 desktop off life support a few days ago, so now I'm waiting for it to die (I guess ?) .... and with it my beloved FSX installation with all those wonderful addons. It is also becoming clearer each day that the new reincarnations of P3D, XPlane and MSFS2020 will most likely not have much in common with their respective previous versions, dashing my hopes of any hint of backwards compatability of any addons, and thus making a future re-install of FSX less likely for preservation purposes. I feel very sad that this is happening, but at the same time feel very excited about what the future of flightsim will bring. For me, I know I will have a brand new system soon with a new simulator, but I will have lost a very reliable OS and a loyal FSX sim (sure it had it's share of problems and drawbacks - but was priceless when it came to just plane ol' fashioned fun.)

My hats off to all the devs and painters who have not abandoned FSX just yet.
    I'm looking forward to flying the Banshee in my FSX very soon.
    Cheers to progress, but let's not forget about the past !
    Cheers, MZee ...

W11, Ryzen 9 7950X3D, GeForce RTX 4090 AERO OC, ROG Strix X670E-A Gaming, G.Skill Trident Z5 Neo RGB DDR5-6000 CL30 AMD EXPO 32GB (2), Kraken Z73 360mm, Lian Li UniFan SL120 V2 (10), Samsung 990 PRO PCIe 4.0 NVMe 2TB (4), MEG Ai1300P, Lian Li O11D XL, Logitech Z906 5.1, T16000M FCS HOTAS, Xbox Controller, Acer Nitro XV282K 4K UHD LED.

All white "Arctic" build.

Banshee on the Bon Homme Richard

Picture of a Banshee on USS Bon Homme Richard (CIMOGT)

Nice one, Butch! Did ya land 'er on the "Bonny Dick" or just place it there?
    Charlie Awaiting the new Microsoft Flight Sim and will eventually buy a new computer. Running a Chromebook for now!

Quote Originally Posted by MrZippy View Post
    Nice one, Butch! Did ya land 'er on the "Bonny Dick" or just place it there?
    I actually made a low and slow approach and thanks to the HUD, was able to center it on the three wire (A-OK)

I remember when I was on that boat watching "cyclic" ops where they would trap then taxi to the Fwd #1 elevator

located in the center of the two cats and would lower to the hanger (Engines still running) and taxi in the hanger aft to aft elevator

and lift to the flight deck for launch. Had to stay out of the hanger during flight ops.

VF-76 Banshee

Thanks for this paint Jankees

On Board Bonnie Dick

Carrier Take Off

Anyone else pulling wheelies when taking off from carriers?

I changed the [launch_assistance] values shown below and it seemed to solve the problem.

I use a formula I got from a post by hschuit SOH-CM-2015 from 2010. I cannot link to the original thread.

It is as follows:

So point.0 on the Banshee is:

point.0= 1, 14.610, 0.000, -4.000, 1181, 0, 0.864, 45.000, 0.100, 5.700, 1.000, 2.500, 3.000, 0

So the new value is:

[launch_assistance]
    launch_bar_pivot = 14.610, 0.0, -2.50
    launch_bar_lug = 16.11, 0.0, -3.50

Old value was:

//[launch_assistance]
    //launch_bar_pivot = 3.80, .00, -2.6
    //launch_bar_lug = 8.50, 0.00 ,-5.20

Hope this helps others. Thanks to hschuit - this has been very helpful over the years!!!

And thank You Rob for such a great Banshee! It is a joy to fly!!!

Cheers!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Launch bar configuration.jpg  

This sure helps! Thanks for the new values!

Cees

Thanks,

That is a lot better cat shot now.

Even better: these launch assistance values also fit on the Razbam Banshee!

Cees

Lonewolfee1, thanks for posting the launch values. I'll have to file away Henk's formula for future use.

You're welcome. Glad the values helped.

That did help (and worked) but I am trying to understand the math used and applied to the launch bar values.

The point 0= values are shown, then the launch assistance values are shown (old/new).

Having been shown the point.0 data then shown the launch assistance values I'm a little confused as to what values I add and to what.

Want to be able to understand (interpret) all this in case I want to apply to other aircraft launch values (if needed).

Quote Originally Posted by gray eagle View Post
    That did help (and worked) but I am trying to understand the math used and applied to the launch bar values.

The point 0= values are shown, then the launch assistance values are shown (old/new).

Having been shown the point.0 data then shown the launch assistance values I'm a little confused as to what values I add and to what.

Want to be able to understand (interpret) all this in case I want to apply to other aircraft launch values (if needed).
    Here is the original thread. Maybe reading it from the start will shed some light.

http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforum...ier-compatible

One thing to keep in mind is that this formula is for an aircraft with a launch bar attached to the strut such that it is in front of the nose wheels. For older aircraft that used a bridle to attach the aircraft to the shuttle you may want to adjust he numbers to put the shuttle behind the wheels.

Banshee on Midway

When I arm (Shift + I) the cat with the Banshee it lifts into the air. I did the preset for the Banshee in the SWS Midway config aircraft program.

Anyone else experience this? There is a preset for it but it doesn't seem to arm properly.

Wheel Texture and GPS Issues

I just recently downloaded this great AC and it is definitely one of my faves in the virtual hangar. Thank-you Rob, for this beauty.

Just have a query re a couple of small things I noticed. When I call up the GPS (Shift +1) pop-up, the screen has a black band across the bottom. Also, the landing gear wheels look silver when AC standing still, but turn 'black' when AC reaches a certain speed. Both of these minor anomalies are shown below in the pics.

Anyone else seeing these ? Perhaps I did something wrong during the installation ? I'm running FSX.
    Any help would be much appreciated.
    Thank-you,
    MZ.

GPS pop-up

Standing still

Moving
    Last edited by MZee1960; February 15th, 2020 at 20:50.
    Cheers, MZee ...

W11, Ryzen 9 7950X3D, GeForce RTX 4090 AERO OC, ROG Strix X670E-A Gaming, G.Skill Trident Z5 Neo RGB DDR5-6000 CL30 AMD EXPO 32GB (2), Kraken Z73 360mm, Lian Li UniFan SL120 V2 (10), Samsung 990 PRO PCIe 4.0 NVMe 2TB (4), MEG Ai1300P, Lian Li O11D XL, Logitech Z906 5.1, T16000M FCS HOTAS, Xbox Controller, Acer Nitro XV282K 4K UHD LED.

All white "Arctic" build.

Hello,

For the gps pop up, see the file panel.cfg, and modify the last line like this:
    [Default View]
    X = 0
    Y = 0
    Size_x = 8191
    SIZE_Y = 6143 // 4400 (origin)
    For the wheels, it's the same for me!

Alain

-

I'm Always in the office during take off! Keeping the plane on the runway is a bit difficult walking beside it at 80 mph!

Cees

Quote Originally Posted by MZee1960 View Post
    I just recently downloaded this great AC and it is definitely one of my faves in the virtual hangar. Thank-you Rob, for this beauty.

Just have a query re a couple of small things I noticed. When I call up the GPS (Shift +1) pop-up, the screen has a black band across the bottom. Also, the landing gear wheels look silver when AC standing still, but turn 'black' when AC reaches a certain speed. Both of these minor anomalies are shown below in the pics.

Anyone else seeing these ? Perhaps I did something wrong during the installation ? I'm running FSX.
    Any help would be much appreciated.
    Thank-you,
    MZ.

GPS pop-up

Standing still

Moving
    When I read this I had to check. I don't have any of those mentioned issues with P3D V3.4 - GPS works with SHIFT+1

I don't have strobe nor beacon lights. I toggled all the light switches on and in night mode.

Why are the lights and beacon entries hashed out.

[LIGHTS]
    //Types: 1=beacon, 2=strobe, 3=navigation, 4=cockpit
    ///light.0 = 1, -20.055, 0.0000, 1.4400, fx_navwhi ,
    ///light.1 = 3, 2.003, -18.50, 0.117, fx_navred ,
    ///light.2 = 3, 2.003, 18.50, 0.117, fx_navgre ,
    light.3 = 4, 9.84, -0.4, 1.70 , fx_vclight ,
    light.4 = 4, 9.84, 0.4, 1.70 , fx_vclight_ahred ,

Quote Originally Posted by PhantomTweak View Post

Sorry, nit picking...
    Carry on!
    Pat☺
    Agree with Phantom - hydraulic "jenny"s are indispensable in working on hydraulic systems; a very common GSE item.

@grey eagle

Hi, Butch! Those light entries are // out because the nav lights (red and green) and white beacon light (on the tail) is in the model. I noticed

a second light that is non-operational in the tail just above the white light. I have been doing a little futzing around trying to put a flashing red beacon

there. Still a WIP!

Quote Originally Posted by MrZippy View Post
    @grey eagle

Hi, Butch! Those light entries are // out because the nav lights (red and green) and white beacon light (on the tail) is in the model. I noticed

a second light that is non-operational in the tail just above the white light. I have been doing a little futzing around trying to put a flashing red beacon

there. Still a WIP!
    Hi Charlie,

Glad you've figured it out. Had me confused.

It will be interesting to see what you come up with.

They have the toggle switches for 'em

Also noted that the cabin (panel) light works (illuminates) only when the engine is running (at least for me).

Members who have read this thread: 0