Check This Out! - Page 2
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Check This Out!

H.U. - Just released!

http://www.robertjamesrichardson.co.uk/

EDIT: Oops - just realised it's only for P3Dv4 at this stage - plus AI version for all sims.

Hopefully very soon...

Quote Originally Posted by aardvark62 View Post
    H.U. - Just released!

EDIT: Oops - just realised it's only for P3Dv4 at this stage - plus AI version for all sims.

Hopefully very soon...

Just noticed at the bottom is the download for AI. I gotta read more carefully. Awaiting FSX download! Thanks, Rob!
    Charlie Awaiting the new Microsoft Flight Sim and will eventually buy a new computer. Running a Chromebook for now!

Quote Originally Posted by aardvark62 View Post
    H.U. - Just released!

Hopefully very soon...

And now it's released for FSX too! Off to fly this one! BTW: Is there a way to get rid of the green hud?

Cees
    Last edited by Cees Donker; January 12th, 2020 at 03:47.

Flies great so far! Shift+2 does nothing for the HUD even taking out the slashes for gauge.00 in window01/panel.cfg.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Banshee.jpg 
Views:	2 
Size:	52.8 KB 
ID:	73426
    Charlie Awaiting the new Microsoft Flight Sim and will eventually buy a new computer. Running a Chromebook for now!

Quote Originally Posted by Cees Donker View Post
    . . . . . BTW: Is there a way to get rid of the green hud?

Cees
    I don't think so Huub. It appears that everything is done within the mdl (possibly in MCX?).
    USAF Retired, 301st Fighter Wing, Carswell AFB, Texas
    My SOH Uploads: http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforum...erid=83&sort=d

Current System Specs:
    FSX/Accel | Windows10 64bit
    Motherboard: MSI760GM-E51(MS-7596)
    CPU: 3.9GHz AMD FX-4300 Quad-Core | RAM: 16GB DDR3 1333
    GPU: NVidia GTX 970 (4GB GDDR5)

Quote Originally Posted by Cees Donker View Post
    BTW: Is there a way to get rid of the green hud?

Cees
    Comment out gauge01 (guntest.xml) in the [Vcockpit01] section in the panel.cfg.

Quote Originally Posted by DaveWG View Post
    Comment out gauge01 (guntest.xml) in the [Vcockpit01] section in the panel.cfg.
    Thanks! Done and will give it a look on my next flight!

Thanks Dave! That did the job!

Cees

Good to know! I did find a couple things that I've mentioned to Rob: The Brake Handle will animate with the keystroke but not with the mouse (it does in the P3D version), there is no way (that I could find) to reset the needles on the G-Meter.

Current System Specs:

Quote Originally Posted by falcon409 View Post
    Good to know! I did find a couple things that I've mentioned to Rob: The Brake Handle will animate with the keystroke but not with the mouse (it does in the P3D version), there is no way (that I could find) to reset the needles on the G-Meter.
    The Banshee was, from the outset a P3D 4.5 model and only when finished did I convert it to FSX.
    I do not use the Microsoft sim any longer so unfortunately the occasional problem does arise.
    As for the reset knob for the G gauge, I just forgot to include it. sorry.
    Look out for an update Ed!

Quote Originally Posted by robcarrich View Post
    The Banshee was, from the outset a P3D 4.5 model and only when finished did I convert it to FSX.
    I do not use the Microsoft sim any longer so unfortunately the occasional problem does arise.
    As for the reset knob for the G gauge, I just forgot to include it. sorry.
    Look out for an update Ed!
    And your conversion of the Banshee is very much appreciated!

Cees

Weapon bay doors open by shift/E/3

In the readme it states

Rockets and bombs will show by way of switch on left hand pilots console, toward the rear

That is true, I cllcked on a switch on the left side console and the armament did appear (P3D V3.4) however, in spot view,
    if you use the shift/E/3 keys this is result:

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by gray eagle View Post
    In the readme it states

Rockets and bombs will show by way of switch on left hand pilots console, toward the rear

That is true, I cllcked on a switch on the left side console and the armament did appear (P3D V3.4) however, in spot view,
    if you use the shift/E/3 keys this is result:

Kneeling feature for increasing deck parking density.

A few of the early US naval jets had it, but was soon dispensed with when the trade offs in complexity were determined. Im pretty sure subsequent versions of the Banshee (-2N, -2P, -3, -3P, -4) dispensed with it.

http://airsoc.com/articles/view/id/5...d-deck-parking

I think it was just a small typo in describing the sequence of the CTRL+E animations.

It was pleasant surprise-I hadn’t seen this feature modeled before - certainly in the old Razbam Banshees. Possibly in the FS8 Ito FJ-1, but I could be wrong.

Interesting.....I am getting no animation when using Shift+E+3 other that the canopy opening and closing. Weapons switch works. No kneeling or weapons bay door operation. I was using both spot and locked spot view.

I knew about the kneeling feature on the FJ-1 and FH-1, but yep, the Banshee did it too! Great you included that feature Rob! I was wondering why you chose something that was already modeled (Razbam) but I'm glad you did! The surface looks great with a just right Glossy Sea Blue. (Razbams was too dark.) It fits right in with Vertigo Studio's Bearcat and Panther! I also really like the look of the intakes and wheels! Now to go see how it flies!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails XF2H-1 Kneeling.jpg  

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by MrZippy View Post
    Interesting.....I am getting no animation when using Shift+E+3 other that the canopy opening and closing. Weapons switch works. No kneeling or weapons bay door operation. I was using both spot and locked spot view.
    I posted in this forum to help address GE’s question, assuming he was using FSX. I’m using only P3Dv4.5, where the kneeling works. Perhaps it works differently in the FSX model. Apologies if my post added confusion.

I guess reply with quote ain't happenin'?? Thanks, Butch! My readme for FSX also states Shift+e+3 for weapons bay door. I wasn't really expecting the kneeling.

Version 2 has been posted on Rob's website. I haven't had time to check it out. . .downloaded though and will try it out this evening if I have time. Thanks Rob!!

Current System Specs:

Ever since the announcement of FS2020, I've been debating on uninstalling FSX. My computer is REALLY old, my FSX install sometimes just freezes up while running, and I have too much add-on stuff installed to make a re-install worthwhile. I don't really fire up FSX that much anymore (maybe twice a month) as a consequence. As such, I feel that I should just wait until FS2020 is released and then buy a new computer that will be able to run it with relative ease.
    However, every now and then a new add-on is released that keeps me from deleting it - Rob's Banshee is an example of that. What an absolutely stunning release!
    Cheers,
    Dave

Downloading version 2 to check out any differences!

Downloading version 2 to check out any differences!
    I D/L v2 also.

It still kneels. What is the difference?

The difference for me is now...Shift+e+2 opens the weapons door and Shift+e+3 kneels the aircraft! Now if I could just get the engine exhaust blueing effect that P3D has, I'd be in Banshee heaven!

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	banshee.jpg 
Views:	4 
Size:	59.2 KB 
ID:	73462

. . . . Now if I could just get the engine exhaust blueing effect that P3D has, I'd be in Banshee heaven!

Possibly a PBR texturing effect not possible in FSX? Just a guess!

Current System Specs:

The difference for me is now...Shift+e+2 opens the weapons door and Shift+e+3 kneels the aircraft! Now if I could just get the engine exhaust blueing effect that P3D has, I'd be in Banshee heaven!

I didn't know about SHIFT+2. Pretty slick. Every time I do the shift +3 I think "take a bow Banshee".

Wonder what it animates that way? In P3D V3 (32 bit) I won't see the exhaust effect either.

Quote Originally Posted by gray eagle View Post
    I didn't know about SHIFT+2. Pretty slick. Every time I do the shift +3 I think "take a bow Banshee".

Wonder what it animates that way?
    Shift+e+3, even though the readme says "opens weapons bay door", actually is used to kneel and raise the aircraft from kneeling position.

Members who have read this thread: 0