VR impressions with P3D v4.5 (this is really wow for me!)

Thread: VR impressions with P3D v4.5 (this is really wow for me!)

VR impressions with P3D v4.5 (this is really wow for me!)

Since November last year I fall in love again in ..... VR this time.
    Firstly it was IL-2 BoX, FC and DCS, now, this Christmas I installed P3Dv4.5 with ht2 (full install).
    What is was a full surprice for me!

P3Dv4.5 has a new, better life for me again! The immersion is a LOT of bigger than on my 2D, flat (and now awful ) screen!
    Immersion VR in civil sim kills everything for me what I know about simming (just pity I can't do nice screenshots like before ;D).

No any problems with any addons, I used Active Sky (with his 2D panels for weather raports in the sim), ORBX for sure, REX ect. and ... PTA also (like LumaSharpen, colours, saturation, effects ect).

Obligatory for VR users is my old friend, known software: ChasePlane - better and customable views (default views of P3D in VR mode are poor simply).

What is very good - all 2D panels are customable in 3D space, see examples in new J3 of A2A:

I customized also some of hardware to have all things, levers near my hand (here full throttle columns with throttles, mixtures, prop, levers for coolers ect.):

Now Im stayed of big fan of VR, especially of P3D. It works well, with stable 45 fps for me (with motion reprojection "on").
    Settings in P3D I have worse than on monitor but still on high/medium level what is still good.
    Trips in VR are fantastic!

I used HP Reverb revision 2 (the best resolution on the market now).
    Here is my full review of this headset:

http://yoyosims.pl/hp-reverb-wmr-recenzja

(its in Polish but You can use translate button).

Also, on our Polish Forum I opened a tips about how to settings P3D: http://il2forum.pl/index.php?topic=19520.0
    and on Avsim about how to place 2D panels in 3D space (customs positions): https://www.avsim.com/forums/topic/5...s-in-vr-p3dv4/

Its a new time for me and future. I will never invest more in 2D monitor or home build cockpit, just for VR (maybe next 8KX Pimax but I'll check the first reviews, I don't trust Pimax's promises ;>).
    Btw. I was using also Oculus Rift CV1, S, HTC Vive, Pimax 5K+ (in the last 1-2 years for tests). HP Reverb v2 works ok from me without any issues like it was with rev1 and was my final choice (and the first own VR headset).

I really advice to check P3D in VR mode! This will further change your approach to this simulator .
    Webmaster of yoyosims.pl.

Win 10 64, i9 13900 KF, RTX 4090 24Gb, RAM64Gb, SSD M.2 NVMe, Predator XB271HU res.2560x1440 27'' G-sync, Sound Blaster Z + 5.1, TiR5 [MSFS, P3Dv5, DCS, RoF, Condor, IL-2 CoD/BoX] VR fly only: Meta Quest Pro

I have the first WMR Odyssey headset. Haven't used it in a while, but I do like it. Had to get fitted for contact lenses to use with the headset though. My glasses didn't fit inside the headset well at all, and I was concerned about scratching the lenses inside the headset. Contacts work fine, however; just difficult to get used to taking care of them all the time.

VR certainly is fun though. NC

Quote Originally Posted by Navy Chief View Post
    I have the first WMR Odyssey headset. Haven't used it in a while, but I do like it. Had to get fitted for contact lenses to use with the headset though. My glasses didn't fit inside the headset well at all, and I was concerned about scratching the lenses inside the headset. Contacts work fine, however; just difficult to get used to taking care of them all the time.

VR certainly is fun though. NC
    You can try this https://vr-lens-lab.com/ .

Win 10 64, i9 13900 KF, RTX 4090 24Gb, RAM64Gb, SSD M.2 NVMe, Predator XB271HU res.2560x1440 27'' G-sync, Sound Blaster Z + 5.1, TiR5 [MSFS, P3Dv5, DCS, RoF, Condor, IL-2 CoD/BoX] VR fly only: Meta Quest Pro

Or https://widmovr.com/
    There in Poland if you need them YoYo

I just bought a Rift S to replace my CV1 that finally died after 3 1/2 years of heavy use.
    I don't fly or drive on the PC without VR now, my poor old TrackIR is feeling dejected
    Asus ROG Maximus XI Hero
    i9-9900K
    32Gb Corsair Vengeance Pro DDR4 3200MHz
    MSI RTX 2080Ti Ventus
    Corsair H115i Cooler
    Corsair RM850X PSU
    Phanteks Evolv X case
    Asus VG32G Monitor 2560x1440
    Win 10
    Oculus Quest 2
    Logitech G29
    Saitek X56
    Saitek Pro Pedals
    Saitek Cessna Trim Wheel

Quote Originally Posted by Dangerous Beans View Post
    if you need them YoYo
    No, I dont use glasses, near falcon's eyes still .

Btw. new drivers NV 441.87 brings some nice news - VRSS: https://www.nvidia.com/en-us/geforce...-ready-driver/

Perhaps it works in P3D also with this:
    https://www.reddit.com/r/SteamVR/com..._enable_it_on/

Just one caveat on VR in P3Dv4.5.... it seems to be incompatible with experimental features on my system (bummer for the F-35 HMD): activating VR with Tacpack experimental features turned on crashes P3Dv4 on my system.Turning experimental features off (no HMD or TFLIR) will work.A little off-topic, but Aerofly FS2 works remarkably weel in VR.VRSS seems to be a very mart feature!

Quote Originally Posted by Dino Cattaneo View Post
    Just one caveat on VR in P3Dv4.5.... it seems to be incompatible with experimental features on my system (bummer for the F-35 HMD): activating VR with Tacpack experimental features turned on crashes P3Dv4 on my system.Turning experimental features off (no HMD or TFLIR) will work.A little off-topic, but Aerofly FS2 works remarkably weel in VR.VRSS seems to be a very mart feature!
    Yes, that's true Dino.
    TP crashes P3Dv4.5 if experimental features are "on". This option must be off till when VRS will solve this issue (if its possible). They know about this.
    With "experimental features=off" no problem but no FLIR also for example.

TFLIR works fine on 4.5 in VR for me.

[IMG][/IMG]
    i9-10900k @ 5.1GHz 32G XMP-3200 | RTX3090 | 3T m.2 | Win10 | vkb-gf ultimate & pedals | virpil cm3 throttle | 55" 4k UHDTV | HP R-G2 VR | P3D DCS MFS

Good to know!

Btw. You can set up settings as "single picture" (on monitor) in P3D VR settings - its better for screenies (looks like on monitor, near ) and plus some FPS more (perhaps, one screen, not both).

Example:

my guess is that having the monitor simply echo the images being sent to the HMD presents less of a load on the system as it doesn't have to reconstruct a separate single image. no proof tho.
    i9-10900k @ 5.1GHz 32G XMP-3200 | RTX3090 | 3T m.2 | Win10 | vkb-gf ultimate & pedals | virpil cm3 throttle | 55" 4k UHDTV | HP R-G2 VR | P3D DCS MFS

Members who have read this thread: 2