True Earth Great Britain South

Thread: True Earth Great Britain South

True Earth Great Britain South

Well, I took the plunge and bought it and I am very glad I did. For the first time the countryside is actually specific rather than generic. This morning I flew from Plymouth up the Tamar, where I used to live, and saw the Calstock Viaduct and Tavistock, and just now I've flown along the north coast from Truro to St Just. Part way along, a bit beyond St Agnes, there's a clearly visible but disused airfield which isn't on the map.

If you want to spend some Christmas money I recommend this.

David
    Rats - why won't anything work properly first time?

I've got the full set and have seen plenty of disused airfields. There's quite a few up the north east coast from the Wash up into Scotland.
    Asus ROG Maximus XI Hero
    i9-9900K
    32Gb Corsair Vengeance Pro DDR4 3200MHz
    MSI RTX 2080Ti Ventus
    Corsair H115i Cooler
    Corsair RM850X PSU
    Phanteks Evolv X case
    Asus VG32G Monitor 2560x1440
    Win 10
    Oculus Quest 2
    Logitech G29
    Saitek X56
    Saitek Pro Pedals
    Saitek Cessna Trim Wheel

I purchased it last year. Turned my relatively new PC into an absolute screen saver. I disabled it and went back to Orbx EU England , Scotland and Wales (respectively). I uninstalled TE and have never looked back.

My PC was hand built last february at state of the art, so it aint a hardware issue.

It would be great to know what are the realistic PC specs to run it properly
    Windows 8.1 64 bit
    P3D v3.4
    P3D v4.5
    FSX-SE
    X-Plane 11

When TE South first came out I was running an i7 7700K and a GTX1070 in VR and got fairly smooth flying on medium settings as long as I stayed away from big cities
    Asus ROG Maximus XI Hero
    i9-9900K
    32Gb Corsair Vengeance Pro DDR4 3200MHz
    MSI RTX 2080Ti Ventus
    Corsair H115i Cooler
    Corsair RM850X PSU
    Phanteks Evolv X case
    Asus VG32G Monitor 2560x1440
    Win 10
    Oculus Quest 2
    Logitech G29
    Saitek X56
    Saitek Pro Pedals
    Saitek Cessna Trim Wheel

I bought it when it first came out, bogged down my system something terrible. But noticed recently they had released v2.0.0 with lots of performance improvements so I tried it again, and it was much better. If you already purchased it I think it is worth trying again.
    Joe Cusick
    San Francisco Bay Area, California.

I am serious, and stop calling me Shirley.

I added the complete three regions during the EOY Sale.
    No problems running a steady 75 FPS (locked setting) at 2560x1660, with most scenery settings at the high end.
    Same for TrueEarth Netherlands.
    "Illegitimum non carborundum".

Phanteks Enthoo Evolv X D-RGB Tempered Glass ATX Galaxy Silver
    Intel Core i9 10980XE Extreme Edition X
    ASUS ROG Rampage VI Extreme Encore MB
    Corsair Vengeance LPX 128GB (8x16GB), PC4-30400 (3800MHz) DDR4
    Corsair iCUE H100i ELITE CAPELLIX White Liquid CPU Cooler, 240mm Radiator, 2x ML120 RGB PWM Fans
    Samsung 4TB SSD, 860 PRO Series, 2.5" SATA III x4
    Corsair 1600W Titanium Series AX1600i Power Supply, 80 PLUS Titanium,
    ASUS 43inch ROG Swift 4K UHD G-Sync VA Gaming Monitor, 3840x2160, HDR 1000, 1ms, 144Hz,

How much does other scenery slow things down? For example if you've installed TEGB over Global Base, or EU England.
    Rats - why won't anything work properly first time?

I'm not a dev or geek, but my guess is that the computer will not call up those files in other scenery packages . Just a guess . they sit dormant.

Members who have read this thread: 0