Roy Chaffin Studios B-25J RAF MkII conversion

Thread: Roy Chaffin Studios B-25J RAF MkII conversion

Why not just download the CFS2 version instead of trying to convert the FS2004 version?
    Cheers,

Captain Kurt
    ------------------------------------------------------
    "Fly, you fools!" Gandalf the Gray

Icon12

Hi Fani,
    Why don't you just use his CFS2 version, which is lower down on the download page.......ha ha!
    (not as detailed but still looks good)

http://www.roychaffin.com/packages.html

The Fs2004 version will convert but you will have to convert the airfile/ac.cfg, and the 32 bit textures. Also the bomb bay doors animations are by the Fs9 water rudder key (which CFS2 does not have), so scasm and replace that key for something else. BUT it is very poly heavy, not multi-LOD, and has other crew animations that looked all messed up. This can be fixed with scasm, but either use the RCS CFS2 version or find a better B25 to convert or if CFS2 just use.

Cheers

Shessi
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails RCS B25J CFS2.jpg  

I use CFS2 version for years .( I am not an idiot !!!) . Now I would like a more detailed one with
    new textures . This excellent CFS2​ model is totally ignored by textures Gurus.
    BTW. I converted Aircraft cfg. and textures too whitout results .

Cheers :
    fani

Icon9

Fani,
    Calma mio amico....We were not saying you were, only trying to help and make it much easier for you!

Yes, you can get the Fs9 version to show up, BUT, as I stated it will need scasm/hex tweak to change the bomb bay doors from the water rudder ani to something else. I have just tried several ways, but it won't compile back to an mdl. Not hard to do but Mav is the man to do this.

Also you will not be able to use it fully in CFS2. The mdl is 3.75mb when converted CFS2, CFS2 will crash if you try to use it in QB and missions. It would be better to convert the Fs9 textures to the CFS2 model, not too easy but will work.

Cheers

Shessi

Fani,

Apologies. Like Shessi said, I'm certainly not implying you don't know what you are doing. Also like Shessi said, converting any complex FS9 model to CFS2 is difficult and does not always work.

I thought the existing CFS2 model might be a better alternative for you and that you might not be aware it was available.
    Cheers,

Captain Kurt

OK .

The best solution is waiting for new textures or do them by myself .

Cheers.

Icon4

Yep... Shessi's right done this years ago.... just never finished it... early proto type... has LoDs does fly in QC....

Question

Mav,
    You ol' so and so!! I hoped you'd bite..ha ha.

Great stuff, yes without LOD's this is a no go in full frame mode (I know you like to fly in windowed mode Mav), people must understand that, but I'm sure it will still be usuable. Are you ok to share that with us Mav?

Now, Roy is a very unwell man, has Parkinson's disease, also he fell and broke his back and neck a few years ago! poor fella.

He has been very protective of his sim stuff, so I've emailed him to see if it would be ok to put a pack together here at the SOH based on Mav's doings etc...so we''l see.

Cheers

Shessi

This thing was ancient.... but redid the LoDs... so it's cleaned up scasm code a bit.Mdl is done... but dp ,panel, gauges , weapon pac and texture have to be de alpa -ed In windowed you can see when fps are going up... in full screen you can't see if it's making any difference.... full screen is deceptive and hovers round 50 or so fps all the time...Cheers mavPs.... also did that hellcat... but changed pilot cos it looked like a blow up doll.. Lol

The man from Delmonte, he say.....

Hi Folks,
    well I got a very quick reply from Dinah, Roy's wife, and.....

Hi Mark
    Roy thanks you for your e-mail, kind comments and good wishes.
    Unfortunately because of his Parkinson’s and the results of the broken neck, he is unable to participate in FS any more. He has only very limited use of his hands so cannot even fly.
    Because Sim-Outhouse have always been kind and very supportive over the years, He has no reservations about granting the permission you ask for. He asks only that you give him a credit in anything when appropriate.
    Roy continues to fight to improve, but understands that whatever progress is possible will be limited and slow.
    He wishes all the people at Sim-Outhouse all the very best for the future and every success for your project.

Kindest regards from us both
    Dinah

So on one hand good news to have permission to use his software, and his support for us at SOH, but so sad that such a tallented artist (ses his wildlife artwork, just superb) and simmer has had those taken away from him...life ain't fair is it?

Mav,
    Star! that's great news to get the bird as best it can. (I actually managed to scasm an older Fs2002 version, re-do the ani's and recompile etc, so I haven't lost all my limited skills! ). Re-the Hellcat, was the old pilot modelled on one of yours?.......ha ha!

Let me know when you're done, and how you want to play this, thanks.

So Fani, see, you will get your wish...you shall go to the ball.....

Cheers

Shessi

I used fdg2 pilot walker....

Quote Originally Posted by Shessi View Post
    Also you will not be able to use it fully in CFS2. The mdl is 3.75mb when converted CFS2, CFS2 will crash if you try to use it in QB and missions. CheersShessi
    Why would it crash???CK...What's complex fs9 conversion... that may not work in cfs2???Cheers mav

Quote Originally Posted by mav View Post
    Why would it crash???CK...What's complex fs9 conversion... that may not work in cfs2???Cheers mav
    ROTFL!! For a true genius with SCASM like you, it's simple. To a doofus like me - anything that requires hex and/or SCASM editing is complex. Removing light states and crash checks I can do by exactly following a set of instructions from Oglivie, but beyond that - phooey. Getting wheels to roll, controls to move, fixing glass transparency, replacing parts etc. are way, waaay, beyond my very limited skill.

Guess I'll stick to painting planes, MB, airfields etc. If I can actually see it while I am doing it, I can do it, HA!
    Cheers,

Captain Kurt

First of all my best wishes to Roy Chaffin .I always have appreciated his work.

So Shessi , " la speranza è l'ultima a morire "
    Dp , Aircraft & Air are already modified .

Thanks a lot .

BTW . The new Hellcat seems a really good idea !!!!

Whether you"re using "windowed or full " screen .... does NOT make any difference .... and is a non issue.... windowed shows true fps i think???.... and model has never crashed cfs2 in QC... if it did it was due to crappy coding.... lol

Cheers mav

Ps... confusion you're using fs8 version ?????

Members who have read this thread: 1