Gonzos Shipyard - Page 2
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Gonzos Shipyard

P.S. I love seeing your name associated with posts, btw, Gary
    Makes my whole day.

P.S. It appears smoke effects don't work in FSX:SE... Anyone have a fix for that?

Limited time only - get it while you can. Essex class SCB-27/125 beta1

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1Es...3oKsPujP6B0rSb

Credit where credits due:

-Essex Class Model: Karla and all the previous modders at SAS1946.com (going back through western022 and Hawk) for creating the model and textures for il2. All the hard work was done by them. Try the il2 version I highly recommend it

-Alphasim for the Crusader and Skyhawk

-Javier Fernandez for the deck crew

-Henrik Nielsen for the wake effects

All I did was drag it kicking and screaming into FSX and create some custom objects for animations (I ended up doing all this whilst trying to learn to build an il2 invincible class model)

Next build will have all the bug fixes I mentioned previously and different deck layouts, plus a 1987 layout Lexington

Cheers
    Gary

Got it ! Thanks, Gary. I'll give it a once or twice over.

Quote Originally Posted by gp183601 View Post
    Limited time only - get it while you can. Essex class SCB-27/125 beta1

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1Es...3oKsPujP6B0rSb

Credit where credits due:

-Essex Class Model: Karla and all the previous modders at SAS1946.com (going back through western022 and Hawk) for creating the model and textures for il2. All the hard work was done by them. Try the il2 version I highly recommend it

-Alphasim for the Crusader and Skyhawk

-Javier Fernandez for the deck crew

-Henrik Nielsen for the wake effects

All I did was drag it kicking and screaming into FSX and create some custom objects for animations (I ended up doing all this whilst trying to learn to build an il2 invincible class model)

Next build will have all the bug fixes I mentioned previously and different deck layouts, plus a 1987 layout Lexington

Cheers
    Gary
    Got it.. Thanks Gary, I'll check it out tonight.

Blog Entries
    Hooray!

Thanks Gary.

I held off posting screens of your earlier BETA until the "waters calmed" - glad everyone else can now get a chance to play with these too. I'll replace my old Essex beta with this one and have a go later tonight after work.

Huge thanks.

dl

Quote Originally Posted by delta_lima View Post
    Hooray!

Thanks Gary.

I held off posting screens of your earlier BETA until the "waters calmed" - glad everyone else can now get a chance to play with these too. I'll replace my old Essex beta with this one and have a go later tonight after work.

Huge thanks.

dl
    Not much has changed I’ve adjusted the wake effect so the alignments better but still the same anomalies from the previous version you had.

cheers

Blog Entries
    Cheers Gary,

Any improvement is appreciated. I'm just thrilled that now the rest of the community can enjoy it; even in its present state, it's a delightful model, filling a very large hole in the USN CV world. .

I believe expat won't be sleeping for the next week and a half at least ...

I welcome the Lex getting the T-2 or TA-4J treatment that Deke is working on. I still keep your old CVT-16 with the three T-2s in my fleet just because even those few birds on deck really adds to the immersion. Plus it had night lighting, and was overall still a nice model, so I am still thankful for it.

In that vein, it might be an interesting idea for folks skilled in adding statics to see if it's possible to "attach" Guy Diotte's A-7 model, as adding the very early 70s attack plane dimension to the Oriskany.

Anyway, going to be a long day at work until I can get to trying these

Quote Originally Posted by gp183601 View Post
    Hay Deke,

There's an empty deck configuration so you should be able to add your training wing (with some adjustments). I'm doing a CVT-16 1980's version so once your statics are available I could look to align the deck layout for that.

Cheers
    Gary
    Thanks Gary,
    Is it safe to assume that the Lexington (clear deck) is in your Essex beta 1 download? I could not find it elsewhere.
    I will set up and adjust the Training Wings to sit appropriately on your deck.

Also, for anyone who may be interested, John Stintstrom has an FS9 Chase Field (Beeville, TX) where Training Air Wing three resided for almost 50 years before being "BRAC'd". It works nicely in FSX, you just have to remove two bgl files (the ag_tree_lib, and Chase Tree Placement bgls). The file is over at Simviation.

Deke

Quote Originally Posted by navy81 View Post
    Thanks Gary,
    Is it safe to assume that the Lexington (clear deck) is in your Essex beta 1 download? I could not find it elsewhere.
    I will set up and adjust the Training Wings to sit appropriately on your deck.

Also, for anyone who may be interested, John Stintstrom has an FS9 Chase Field (Beeville, TX) where Training Air Wing three resided for almost 50 years before being "BRAC'd". It works nicely in FSX, you just have to remove two bgl files (the ag_tree_lib, and Chase Tree Placement bgls). The file is over at Simviation.

Deke
    Yep there’s a clear deck Lexington but it’s the CVA not the later (80’s) CVT with the different radar fit and life rafts...but i’m sure it’ll suffice! (not that I know any different I’m an ex-crab Scotsman not a navy type from over the pond!)

In terms of loadouts I’m open to suggestions I’ve got the models (Skyhawks, crusaders, corsairs etc) and plan to do launch and recovery layouts just dunno what everyone’s preference would be....this is not a carrier I plan to use too much unless i’m Faffing about with the Crusader i’ll probably spend more time with RN phantoms and harriers and another little project I’ve got going (Ark IV and V & CVA-01).

So basically whatever layout you guys want or want to help with...happy to accommodate.

Best
    Gaz

Got it. Thanks Gary!
    Duckie

"I hate to see you go, but I love to watch you leave!"

Intel i9-9900K; Noctua NH-D15 Chromax Cooler; Gigabyte Z390 Aorus Pro WiFi;
    ASUS Dual RTX 2070 Super OC EVO; Corsair Vengeance LPX 32 GB 3200;
    WD Black 500GB PCIe M.2 SSD; 3 Samsung 860 EVO SSD; WD Black 2TB HDD;
    Corsair RM 850x Gold Full Modular PSU; Phanteks P600S Mid Tower; Win10 Pro
    My SOH Downloads: http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforum...d=79620&sort=d

WHOO HOOO ! Thanks man!! So, since you asked, aircraft that were in the Essex's last combat ops (i.e, SEA in the mid to late 60's with hi viz) - so, F-8, A-4, A-3, A-1D, E-1B - these aircraft IMHO fall in into sweet spot for a lot of folks here. And have given rise to colorful and wonderful paints - just look at what's been done for the RFN Crusaders recently! The larger carriers are there for Phantoms, Vigi's, A-6''s, A-7's, E-2C's and also lo viz paints.
    Striker, listen, and you listen close: flying a plane is no different than riding a bicycle, just a lot harder to put baseball cards in the spokes.

I have an A-3 for your statics. I will send that to you via PM. I will rework the deck statics for TA-4J TRAWING CQ and T-2 TRAWING CQ and send those over as well.Deke

Quote Originally Posted by navy81 View Post
    I have an A-3 for your statics. I will send that to you via PM. I will rework the deck statics for TA-4J TRAWING CQ and T-2 TRAWING CQ and send those over as well.Deke
    Me, too, please....

I'd like to put a few deck static configs around these (AL, 1957 Med cruise)...

100 VF-171 Aces F2H-3 Banshee
    200 VF-74 Be-Devilers F4D-1 Skyray
    300 VAH-3 Sea Dragons A3D-1 Skywarrior
    400 VA-175 Devil's Diplomats AD-6 Skyraider
    600 VFP-62 Fighting Photos F2H-3P Banshee
    701-703 VA(AW)-33 DET. 37 Night Hawks AD-5N
    801-803 VAW-12 DET. 37 Bats AD-5W Skyraider
    HU-2 DET. 37 Fleet Angels Piasecki HUP-2 - Jim Jacobson, Baldy

I need to figure out how to make statics, how to take models and set them up with wings folded, etc.
    I can do the textures.

I've done it before, but it was a while ago, retexturing one of Guy Diotte's planes... (T-34)

I believe expat won't be sleeping for the next week and a half at least ...
    You sure got that right DL !!
    Striker, listen, and you listen close: flying a plane is no different than riding a bicycle, just a lot harder to put baseball cards in the spokes.

Awesometicity !!!

These Essex class carriers are very nice. Great job!

I took the liberty of adjusting textures _auto_7.dds and _auto_10.dds to better reflect 60's vintage crew uniforms and MD-3 Flight Deck tractors though.

Unless someone objects, they will be available here for anyone else interested in using them: https://drive.google.com/open?id=1oC...HI1NlmdtBtXL65

Current System Specs :
    FSXA & P3Dv4 | Windows 10 Professional for Workstations (x64)
    Motherboard: Gigabit Z390 Aorus Ultra, LGA 1151, Intel based
    CPU: Intel Core i9-9900K @ 3.60GHz | RAM: G.Skill Ripjaws V 16GB DDR4 3600
    GPU: ZOTAC GeForce GTX 980 Ti AMP! Extreme (6GB GDDR5)
    HD: 1TB SanDisk SSD Plus | PSU: KDM 750W ATX Power Supply

These are great! And AWSTUB thanks for the period dress.

The only downside for me is that the deck layout/shape is wrong for the one ship I was hoping to find one day.
    The USS Intrepid's (CVS-11) aft elevator is considerably farther to the rear of the ship, giving a larger parking area aft of the island. The B&A crane is forward of elevator three.
    and FWIW there was a large "pole antenna" with many antennas aft of the EL3 that would tilt out of vertical during flight ops.

But with these I still can have the Yorktown (CVS-10) and Wasp (CVS18).

Thanks again - great detail,

Joe

looks great , thanks for your hard work , can they be used with AI carriers and is there a cfg. to be able to add them please ??

Enjoying some flying lately!

[IMG]-2020-may-31-014 by Steve Bryant, on Flickr[/IMG]
    Duckie

"I hate to see you go, but I love to watch you leave!"

Intel i9-9900K; Noctua NH-D15 Chromax Cooler; Gigabyte Z390 Aorus Pro WiFi;
    ASUS Dual RTX 2070 Super OC EVO; Corsair Vengeance LPX 32 GB 3200;
    WD Black 500GB PCIe M.2 SSD; 3 Samsung 860 EVO SSD; WD Black 2TB HDD;
    Corsair RM 850x Gold Full Modular PSU; Phanteks P600S Mid Tower; Win10 Pro
    My SOH Downloads: http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforum...d=79620&sort=d

Quote Originally Posted by top gun View Post
    looks great , thanks for your hard work , can they be used with AI carriers and is there a cfg. to be able to add them please ??

I've been tryin to come up with a cfg - I have the CIMOGT Essex carriers; the Bon Homme and Hancock are part of it and this beta one has same name carriers.

I wanted to compare the two CVA 19s and CVA 31's but coming up with a unique cfg in AI carriers for this beta 1 is a challenge for me.

Quote Originally Posted by gray eagle View Post
    I've been tryin to come up with a cfg - I have the CIMOGT Essex carriers; the Bon Homme and Hancock are part of it and this beta one has same name carriers.

I wanted to compare the two CVA 19s and CVA 31's but coming up with a unique cfg in AI carriers for this beta 1 is a challenge for me.
    The titles in each of the respective models sim.cfg must be the same so you’d need to amend one of them to allow the differentiation.

Hi Gary,
    do you have any config file for AICarrier you could share with us?
    Cheers,

Stéph.

Members who have read this thread: 1