Gonzos Shipyard

Thread: Gonzos Shipyard

Hybrid View

Gonzos Shipyard

I've recently been e-mailed asking about a number of models i'm working on and so I thought i'd post an update on some of the projects I have been quietly squirrelling away with when i've had the time. I'm more of a Cammel Laird than a Scotstoun at the moment amending and refurbishing existing models (primarily for my own benefit) with only one or two scratch builds.

There are a few I will be passing on to Henrik for his ongoing project, and one or two I might release as standalone (subject to various approvals).

The Essex class is progressing nicely.....though I do have some texturing issues and I need to start work on some air wings!!
    Textures for Lexington, Hancock, Bonnehomme Richard, Oriskany and Shangri-La have been done (though some minor tweaks still required)

Cheers
    Gary Gonzo

I've had a desire to do subs for a while now....these are just AI but I might make them pilotable/submersible for my own amusement

Trafalgar

Astute

And another little project of my own - i've modded Henriks type 22 batch 3 with some updated texturing and modelling for HMS Cornwall....think I might make this one pilotable to give me something I can sail into Devonport (another little scenery project i'm bashing away at)

Henrik - It's your model obviously so if you want a copy of the update PM me as usual.

Type 42 batch 1 is ongoing - might post some screenies of that

Updates to follow

Cheers
    Gary Gonzo

Quote Originally Posted by gp183601 View Post
    I've had a desire to do subs for a while now....these are just AI but I might make them pilotable/submersible for my own amusement

Trafalgar

Astute

And another little project of my own - i've modded Henriks type 22 batch 3 with some updated texturing and modelling for HMS Cornwall....think I might make this one pilotable to give me something I can sail into Devonport (another little scenery project i'm bashing away at)

Henrik - It's your model obviously so if you want a copy of the update PM me as usual.

Updates to follow

Cheers
    Gary Gonzo
    Hi Gary,
    Looks great as usually - also the update of the Cornwall And please PM me a copy.
    Henrik

Looking great ! I can't wait for the Essex class to become available(maybe with a 1960's ASW air wing - S2Fs and H-3s)

The Essex class carriers look great. I like that you've included the Shangri-La in the assortment.

Quote Originally Posted by TARPSBird View Post
    The Essex class carriers look great. I like that you've included the Shangri-La in the assortment.
    Awesome news thanks ive been looking for a angled deck Essex class

SOH-CM-2020
    Blog Entries

Nice work! Argentinian version possible?

Trafalgar

Updates to follow

Cheers
    Gary Gonzo

Hi gp183601,

really a nice work. I would be very pleased to see these ships in my sim someday...

Question: It´s possible to derive an argentinian Type 42 - the ARA Santísima Trinidad D-2 (...with Sea Dart AA) additionally?
    The Argentinian bought two of the ships from the UK and D-2 (...built in Argentina) has even taken part in the Falkland War.
    Later in January 2013 the Argentinian Navy has succeeded to sink their own ship in the navy´s main Naval Base Puerto Belgrano .

(Rem.: I would prefer the floating model of D-2)

Greetings RS
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails ARA D-2.jpg  

Those Essex carriers look great!

I've recently been e-mailed asking about a number of models i'm working on and so I thought i'd post an update on some of the projects I have been quietly squirrelling away with when i've had the time. I'm more of a Cammel Laird than a Scotstoun at the moment amending and refurbishing existing models (primarily for my own benefit) with only one or two scratch builds.

There are a few I will be passing on to Henrik for his ongoing project, and one or two I might release as standalone (subject to various approvals).

The Essex class is progressing nicely.....though I do have some texturing issues and I need to start work on some air wings!!
    Textures for Lexington, Hancock, Bonnehomme Richard, Oriskany and Shangri-La have been done (though some minor tweaks still required)

Cheers
    Gary Gonzo
    Current System Specs :
    FSXA & P3Dv4 | Windows 10 Professional for Workstations (x64)
    Motherboard: Gigabit Z390 Aorus Ultra, LGA 1151, Intel based
    CPU: Intel Core i9-9900K @ 3.60GHz | RAM: G.Skill Ripjaws V 16GB DDR4 3600
    GPU: ZOTAC GeForce GTX 980 Ti AMP! Extreme (6GB GDDR5)
    HD: 1TB SanDisk SSD Plus | PSU: KDM 750W ATX Power Supply

WOW!!!
    Striker, listen, and you listen close: flying a plane is no different than riding a bicycle, just a lot harder to put baseball cards in the spokes.

Members who have read this thread: 2