T-37B Tweet for Prepar3D v4 released (finally)!
Contribute Now
Goal amount for this year: 10000 USD, Received: 9,340.00 USD (94%)
Welcome Back, Unregistered     Today's Date:       Current Time: 

Please Support the SOH "2020 Charter Membership Drive"




Accepted Payment Types

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 46

Thread: T-37B Tweet for Prepar3D v4 released (finally)!

  1. #1

    T-37B Tweet for Prepar3D v4 released (finally)!

    We are proud to present the T-37B Tweet for Prepar3D v4!

    Making use of the latest features available in the sim, the Tweet is the culmination of three years of systems and graphics developement. From PBR materials and custom animations, to deep systems and realistic flight dynamics, the SWS team has strived to bring the Tweet back into service!

    A trainer both in reality and in the sim, the Tweet is easy to operate and fly. Whether you are a hardcore simmer who wants to fly according to the Dash 1, or a casual flyer who just wants a quick hop, the SWS Tweet will cater to both sides of the spectrum!

    Features:
    • High detail exterior and interior model, including animated 3D pilots
    • Five liveries using 4k PBR textures
    • Realistic systems simulation, built according to the real aircraft manual
    • High fidelity flight model, tested by real T-37 pilots
    • Adjustable night lighting making use of dynamic lights and PBR material


    The T-37B Tweet is available on SimWorks Studios for 35.99Ä. Click here to be taken to our store page!

    Video tutorial playlist

    <a data-cke-saved-href="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ohe-a6FkNPw&amp;list=PL67f2o2ke7QBSZqLg-yteAP8aGrz7snex" href="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ohe-a6FkNPw&amp;list=PL67f2o2ke7QBSZqLg-yteAP8aGrz7snex">


    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails VC01.jpg   VC05.jpg   EXT03.jpg  

    SimWorks Studios

    Alex Vletsas

    3D Modeler & Animator
    http://www.simworksstudios.com
    http://www.facebook.com/SimWorksStudios

  2. #2
    Man, Iím going to have a lot of new planes to fly when I return from vacation, including this one. Thanks for the heads up, Iíve been looking forward to the T-37 for a long time now.

  3. #3
    Oh yeah! Been waiting for this one. .

    Might have to wait for next weeks paycheck, but this one definitely on my "to get" list.
    Don H

    Republic Of Gamers ASUS CrossHair VI Hero MB, AMD RYZEN 7 2700X 8core, 16thread, 3.7GHz Base, 4.3GHz Max, Corsair Vengeance LPX 3000MHz DDR4 32GB, XLR8 Gaming GeForce RTX 2070 8GB GDDR6 OC DirectX 12, Thermaltake M850W SMART Series PCU, Corsair H100i CC Watercooler, CoolMaster HAF922 case, Win10 Professional 64bit, Saitek Flight Equipment, Oculus RIFT VR, 50" 4K LG TV/Monitor

  4. #4
    Just got it right after this post. It's a beauty! It's well coded and thought out, one of the better small military type jets for P3Dv4. It is a bit of a challenge to fly, not steep but you have to pay close attention to your speeds and throttle settings in high drag config for approach and landing. it takes considerable fineness on the controls and throttle to stay in the groove on glideslope. In other words, it's easy to get ahead or behind the power curve. I really like the depth of the flight dynamics, especially when you are flying solo at you have to trim and compensate for the weight asymmetry on the left side. You will learn a good bit from flying this model as it seems pretty well tuned to how the real Tweet flies according to it's manual. Worth every penny!

    Well done Simworks !

    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

  5. #5
    Quote Originally Posted by StormILM View Post
    ...it's easy to get ahead or behind the power curve.
    My impression from the pilots' feedback is that the real Tweet's engines were a bit behind the power curve by default... I'm surprised they got that thing to fly with the extra weight added in the A-37!

    SimWorks Studios

    Alex Vletsas

    3D Modeler & Animator
    http://www.simworksstudios.com
    http://www.facebook.com/SimWorksStudios

  6. #6
    Quote Originally Posted by SiR_RiPPER View Post
    My impression from the pilots' feedback is that the real Tweet's engines were a bit behind the power curve by default... I'm surprised they got that thing to fly with the extra weight added in the A-37!
    2050lbs of thrust vs 5700lbs (combined both engines). But the MTOW difference between the two is massive, 6,574 lb (T-37) vs 14,000 for the A-37 plus the parasitic drag of the A-37's tip tanks and stores (where the T-37 was pretty clean aerodynamically). I figure if the T-37 had J85 engines, it would have been quite a blast to fly.

    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

  7. #7
    Quote Originally Posted by StormILM View Post
    Just got it right after this post. It's a beauty! It's well coded and thought out, one of the better small military type jets for P3Dv4. It is a bit of a challenge to fly, not steep but you have to pay close attention to your speeds and throttle settings in high drag config for approach and landing. it takes considerable fineness on the controls and throttle to stay in the groove on glideslope. In other words, it's easy to get ahead or behind the power curve. I really like the depth of the flight dynamics, especially when you are flying solo at you have to trim and compensate for the weight asymmetry on the left side. You will learn a good bit from flying this model as it seems pretty well tuned to how the real Tweet flies according to it's manual. Worth every penny!

    Well done Simworks !
    I was going to get it anyway, but that helps affirm the decision. I have an old T-37 in-flight guide somewhere given to me in high school AFJROTC, need to find. My P3D mil trainer ramp is almost complete.
    Fly Navy/Army (Ret. 2/2018)
    USN SAR
    DUSTOFF/ARMY PROPS

  8. #8
    Quote Originally Posted by Victory103 View Post
    I was going to get it anyway, but that helps affirm the decision. I have an old T-37 in-flight guide somewhere given to me in high school AFJROTC, need to find. My P3D mil trainer ramp is almost complete.
    I gotta tell, being On The Hill with my PC out of action most of December and it taking time to get back into action with P3D and DCS, I jump into this T-37B sim and I felt pretty rusty at first but the way they have it put together, it made me work and focus harder, knock off the rust. Scary how perishable fine skills go bad in such a short period of time but now after running touch and go circuits with this model, I'm getting my feel back and appreciate the level of simulation in models like this one. Also of note for me, this thing reminds me of my days in primary training with real Cessna 150's and 172's, the general simplicity in the flight flows albeit this has two jet engines to manage. Otherwise, you just spread your wings and fly it. In a word, FUN!

    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

  9. #9
    is there a paintkit for it? and will there be an A-37?
    You can find most of my repaints in the library here on the outhouse

  10. #10
    Your download speeds are pitiful, and no resume. Really ? 390 Kbs, is ridiculous.

  11. #11
    Quote Originally Posted by Penzoil3 View Post
    Your download speeds are pitiful, and no resume. Really ? 390 Kbs, is ridiculous.
    Really? Here in South Africa I jump for joy when I see that kind of speed.
    -JB

  12. #12
    It's fun after I got it installed correctly, kept CTD until I read up on the add-on.cfg format issues. I spun it (on purpose) and to the left was great, but the right spin not so much. The IP looking at me when I was looking to the right got weird after awhile. I can see why the change to the T-6A for the JPATS program, she is not fast.
    Fly Navy/Army (Ret. 2/2018)
    USN SAR
    DUSTOFF/ARMY PROPS

  13. #13
    Quote Originally Posted by Victory103 View Post
    I spun it (on purpose) and to the left was great, but the right spin not so much.
    Yes, that's a problem that is known about - it's already on the list of minor fixes.

  14. #14
    "I can see why the change to the T-6A for the JPATS program, she is not fast."

    Yeah, it was slow but in general it was safe and simple and an upgrade from the old T-33 with it's side by side cockpit. It was a good bridge from primary trainers to the T-38 and T-39. I heard it said more than once that if the UPT student wasn't cutting it in the T-37, they absolutely were going to wash out because a marginal skilled student in a T-37 would get killed trying to stay ahead of a T-38 or T-39.

    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

  15. #15
    This airplane is INCREDIBLE. Hoping you release a bare metal paint kit (hankering for a stock 1960's, all bare metal ATC machine. minus the day-glo, and with the ATC badge on the tail). Ultimately would also love to see you do the T-37C with provisions for tip tanks...and of course the A-37 would be a real cherry on top of the cake...but I realize it is SO different, it is probably too much to hope for!

    The quality of SWS products just keeps improving by leaps and bounds. LOVE what you are doing.

    Kent

  16. #16
    Finally! Just made an account on your store and will purchase the Tweet in a minute
    One slight OT question: Is it possible to switch over an old F-4B/N Phantom purchase (made July 2016) into your new store / my new account?

  17. #17
    The T-37C is in the works, along with a quite a few aircraft of the same era aimed for this year. We'll be announcing it "officially" this Friday.

    Quote Originally Posted by Dondy View Post
    Finally! Just made an account on your store and will purchase the Tweet in a minute
    One slight OT question: Is it possible to switch over an old F-4B/N Phantom purchase (made July 2016) into your new store / my new account?
    Sure! Send me an e-mail at sales at simworksstudios.com with your order info from 7/16 or and you'll have it tomorrow morning!

    SimWorks Studios

    Alex Vletsas

    3D Modeler & Animator
    http://www.simworksstudios.com
    http://www.facebook.com/SimWorksStudios

  18. #18
    Still enjoying the T-37 immensely, but am wondering if I have a bad install (despite downloading and installing as Administrator with AV disabled). I am experiencing the following issues:

    - Fuel quantity gauge inop (to include fuel quantity light test)
    - Trim seems to be inop (not able to trim into level flight)
    - VC throttles do not move in concert with Joystick throttle
    - Speedbrake only works from switch on VC throttle...no ď/ď key functionality

    ...other than that...this baby is wonderful. I am thinking of trying an uninstall/reinstall...any thoughts?

    Thanks,

    Kent

  19. #19
    Created an account to buy this bird, but apparently the confirmation mail is not an automatic process. It takes ages...

    Priller

  20. #20
    Quote Originally Posted by Priller View Post
    Created an account to buy this bird, but apparently the confirmation mail is not an automatic process. It takes ages...

    Priller
    Priller,

    I had the EXACT same thing happen to me when I used my personal (@me.com) mail. I got no confirmation e-mail. After an hour, I gave up and re-registered with my business e-mail, and nearly instantaneously received the confirmation e-mail. So from this I conclude that a.) the confirmation e-mail is automated, and b.) it didn’t like my Apple e-mail domain...

    Kent

  21. #21
    Some e-mails get bounced for some reason we don't know yet. I'll activate your accounts manually and you should be good. No confirmation will be received.

    Kent, regarding the trim/throttle/speedbrake issues, we haven't encountered these. Do you use FSUIPC for your assignments? If so, Jonathan Bleeker posted about setting it up it earlier today on this forum. We will be testing his advice soon.

    In any case, please log a ticket through our support page and we will make it work one way or another.

    SimWorks Studios

    Alex Vletsas

    3D Modeler & Animator
    http://www.simworksstudios.com
    http://www.facebook.com/SimWorksStudios

  22. #22
    Quote Originally Posted by ColoKent View Post
    Priller,

    I had the EXACT same thing happen to me when I used my personal (@me.com) mail. I got no confirmation e-mail. After an hour, I gave up and re-registered with my business e-mail, and nearly instantaneously received the confirmation e-mail. So from this I conclude that a.) the confirmation e-mail is automated, and b.) it didnít like my Apple e-mail domain...

    Kent
    Thanks for the pointer Kent, I prefer to keep things seperated. My professional mail is exactly that, professional. I should not and will not use it for personal things.

    Just FYI: my email is the account that came with my ISP subscription. It is official and cannot be spoofed.

    It's not the customer who should adapt to the supplier, it is the supplier who should service the customer. The customer is supposed to be king.

    Priller

  23. #23
    Not using FSUIPC...I will submit a ticket if need be, but before I do, Iím going to 1.) see if a restart solves the problem, but if it doesnít, 2.) again disable AV, download a new installer, uninstall my current install, then reinstall the newly downloaded version...then turn AV back on to see if it helps.

    If those donít work, Iíll submit a ticket.

    Thanks,

    Kent

  24. #24
    In the meantime I'm downloading. Not receiving the emails is a bit of a drag, but I can live with that. It just means that I'll have to check on the site to see if there are updates.

    Thanks Sir_Ripper!

    Edit: got it and the downloadspeeds are quite a bit better than reported in previous posts!

    Priller

  25. #25
    Thanks for the HU Kent. Also, please make sure P3D is ran as administrator.

    @Priller, each ISP has their own whitelist/blacklist of e-mails. While we generally score well, some don't like us and we need to get in touch with each ISP that doesn't. So far you're in the unlucky 3.5%, but we'll cover the ground gradually. It is frustrating when it happens, indeed.

    SimWorks Studios

    Alex Vletsas

    3D Modeler & Animator
    http://www.simworksstudios.com
    http://www.facebook.com/SimWorksStudios

Members who have read this thread: 241

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •