T-37B Tweet for Prepar3D v4 released (finally)! - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: T-37B Tweet for Prepar3D v4 released (finally)!

It was well worth the hassle! Loving this bird as much as I loved the old FS9 release of it!

Priller

I have a few questions about the paint kit - 1.) Will one be released, and if so any idea when?, and 2.) will you please provide a base bare metal to work from?

I have Tigerdesign's Reece AFB repaint, and love it...REALLY looking forward to the -C!!!

Also looking forward to trying my hand at 1960s, non-day glo, bare metal ATC machines (not to mention the all white 1980's schemes).

This airplane is a BALL to fly....

Kent

P.S. - I see you have a variety of visor colors available...what would REALLY be neat is if we could configure to the 60/70s helmet (HGU-2A/P)...I know it's probably not going to happen...but it would cover helmets for most of the life of the airplane.

Quote Originally Posted by ColoKent View Post
    I have a few questions about the paint kit - 1.) Will one be released, and if so any idea when?, and 2.) will you please provide a base bare metal to work from?

I have Tigerdesign's Reece AFB repaint, and love it...REALLY looking forward to the -C!!!
    Hey Kent! I believe the unofficial line on the paintkit is that it's still being utilised, most likely for the C variant should they do it... Officially i'll try and extract some more concrete info from my 'boss' at SWS, if that's the case it makes sense to 'Hold' the kit until C release as otherwise schemes completed for their release of the C may already have been done on B Models forcing new C model schemes to be found... But as I created the textures I'll make sure Bare metal is available, even if flattened down to single layer on a sheet for the PBR it'd then just be a case of copying markings over from the paintkit and adjusting the Red (Metallic) and Alpha (Roughness/Smoothness) to match markings you apply to the base set...

I've just finished another pair of paints (Both NASA birds), and have just started ENJJPT schemes... both in 'Classic White' and the more modern 'Blue Swoop' type schemes i'm on a roll today!

Matt
    -TigerMouse Designs & SimWorks Studios

from the SimWorks Facebook page;

With the T-37B behind us, we would like to make a quick overview of our plans for 2020.Firstly, the T-37 team is working on improvements to the T-37B, all of which will be implemented in our upcoming T-37C Tweet, with the desired release date being in the next couple of months. The Tweet paintkit will also be released along with the C model. That is because we are still doing T-37C related work on it and we want the paintkit to be one for both models.
    The Cweet will come in two variants, one with tip tanks and one without. The package will also include a simulation of the K-14 gunsight to aim your weapons and will be TacPacked out of the box. The price is going to be in the same range as the T-37B and existing customers of the B model will be able to upgrade to the C for a reduced price. Featured paints in the Charlie model will be the Hellenic Air Force, Pakistan Sherdils, Asas de Portugal, Fuerza Aérea Colombiana and Fuerza Aérea Brasileña!
    The PBR Upgrade for the F-4B is also progressing well and we hope to make a release within January. This upgrade will bring new exterior & cockpit textures to the Phantom. There will be no changes to the aircraft systems and functionality.
    That said, 2020 is going to be an ambitious year for SWS. The work put in the T-37 over the past three years will allow us to turn out aircraft at a high rate, while maintaining the same or higher standards. Our focus will be in Vietnam-era aircraft, as they will allow our technology to mature and gradually expand into new areas.
    Our current goal for the first semester is to release the T-2C/D/E Buckeye not long after the T-37C. The T-2 is another iconic trainer used by the US Navy and other Air Forces around the world. It will be faster than the Tweet (really?), CEX-ready, armed and will allow you to better prepare for the SLUF packages that come after it!
    In the near future we will also announce the aircraft planned for release in the second semester. For now, we can only tell that as soon as the new Flight Simulator SDK is made public, we head-dive into porting our products to the new Flight Simulator!

Did you just mention "SLUF" and "gunsight"??

Priller

Quote Originally Posted by Priller View Post
    Did you just mention "SLUF" and "gunsight"??

Priller
    What's wrong with them?
    :P

SimWorks Studios

Alex Vletsas

3D Modeler & Animator
    http://www.simworksstudios.com
    http://www.facebook.com/SimWorksStudios

Quote Originally Posted by SiR_RiPPER View Post
    What's wrong with them?
    :P
    Other than the mere thought of them induces drool? Nothing!

Priller
    Last edited by Priller; January 11th, 2020 at 03:13.

Sorry to perpetuate “topic creep”...but it sounds as though the A-7s will only be naval variants, vs. the Air Force A-7D and A-7K...is that correct?

Kent

No, we will follow the exact same release logic that Razbam did. A-7A/B, D/E and TA-7. This makes sense as these aircraft groupings share a large number of common tech pieces.

SimWorks Studios

Alex Vletsas

3D Modeler & Animator
    http://www.simworksstudios.com
    http://www.facebook.com/SimWorksStudios

Quote Originally Posted by SiR_RiPPER View Post
    No, we will follow the exact same release logic that Razbam did. A-7A/B, D/E and TA-7. This makes sense as these aircraft groupings share a large number of common tech pieces.

How can one save for retirement with these kind of highly desirable releases coming.
    Don H

AMD Ryzen 5 7600X
    MSI MAG B650 Tomahawk WIFI/BT
    64GB Corsair Vengeance 6000MHz DDR5 C40 (4x16)
    Sapphire Pulse AMD Radeon RX7900XT 20GB DDR6
    Corsair 5000D Airflow Case
    Corsair RM850x 80+ GOLD P/S
    Liquid Freezer II 360 water cooling
    C:/ WD Black 4TB SN770 Gen 4 NVMe M.2 SSD
    D:/ Crucial P3 PLUS 4TB Gen 4 NVMe M.2 SSD
    Samsung 32" Curved Monitor
    Honeycomb and Saitek Flight Equipment

Quote Originally Posted by modelr View Post
    How can one save for retirement with these kind of highly desirable releases coming.
    Mortgage, of course.....

Dave

Sorry but I didnt recive any email so why its a reason why I wrote it here .

How can I reset a password? I dont remember it and my account was blocked ... its ok but from Sunday, so its a little long till now. I must wait to check again login and password? Hmmm...

I use reset option but I didnt recive any email till now.
    Webmaster of yoyosims.pl.

Win 10 64, i9 13900 KF, RTX 4090 24Gb, RAM64Gb, SSD M.2 NVMe, Predator XB271HU res.2560x1440 27'' G-sync, Sound Blaster Z + 5.1, TiR5 [MSFS, P3Dv5, DCS, RoF, Condor, IL-2 CoD/BoX] VR fly only: Meta Quest Pro

Side note from earlier discussion here regarding the trim of the T-37 (Aileron and Elevator). I went to fly the T-37 the other day and one other model and it dawned on me to check my key assignments and right off, I noticed I didn't have my Aileron Trim setting set up for Repeat. With some models, the Trim can be adjusted easily by individual clicks but not the T-37 (at least on my end). That being noted, once I set the Aileron Trim setting set up for Repeat, the T-37 is super easy and smooth as glass to trim out.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

BTW, is anyone planning on doing a T-37 in the old solid white (white pill) scheme?

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Pick your flavour of White i've done a few so far

57-2320, Williams AFB, Mesa, AZ. : https://www.mediafire.com/file/fm1nq...ZcWCgS9Q00U1Cw

56-3537, Preserved at the Castle Air Museum, Atwater, CA. : https://www.mediafire.com/file/wehzf...G2n2PhSayhh3NE

NASA's 60-0084 in her Final 'Glow Worm' scheme, this aircraft was subsequently lost on the 8th November 1982, with the Loss of it's Pilot. : http://www.mediafire.com/file/6tpzo9...A_Glo.rar/file

60-0084 in her 'Classic' scheme with the 'Meatball' on the nose : http://www.mediafire.com/file/ogvo2r..._NASA.rar/file

(for those with Facebook there are more, found on my group page there! https://www.facebook.com/tigermousedesigns/)

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 83074958_1249522138571119_6908605249536131072_o.jpg   81861548_1248381788685154_768715415596564480_o.jpg   81690764_1245562952300371_8427879076420648960_o.jpg   81500109_1245456008977732_3994794028842352640_o.jpg  

Matt, thank you so much!

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Inquiry to T-37B users here, has anyone encountered any odd behavior with the model not developing speed past 100 knots during takeoff roll? The thrust is sufficient but it's like there is excessive drag without the speed brake being deployed. I encountered this one before but it seemed to clear up on it's own but now it's like I am stuck with it. Tried uninstall and reinstall but no luck plus I checked ti see if anything in the Sim or an addon program (like the effects from EZDok3) but all other models work normally. I did submit a ticket to SWS on this yesterday, just waiting to hear back to see if they can figure this out.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Storm,
    I haven’t encountered that specific behavior, but I have experienced some occasional odd control freezes/spikes. According to their manuals, using FSUIPC might cause some abnormal behaviors. When I disabled my FSUIPC while flying the Tweet, I didn’t experience any further issues (fingers crossed). Not sure if this is applicable to your setup, but FYI regardless.

FSUIPC

During testing we found that using FSUIPC with the Tweet may introduce irregular control behaviour for some users. In the event you encounter any abnormal control behaviours, we recommend that you clear FSUIPC assignments while flying the Tweet.

https://simworksstudios.com/knowledg...et-manual.html
    -Mark

Quote Originally Posted by StormILM View Post
    Inquiry to T-37B users here, has anyone encountered any odd behavior with the model not developing speed past 100 knots during takeoff roll? The thrust is sufficient but it's like there is excessive drag without the speed brake being deployed. I encountered this one before but it seemed to clear up on it's own but now it's like I am stuck with it. Tried uninstall and reinstall but no luck plus I checked ti see if anything in the Sim or an addon program (like the effects from EZDok3) but all other models work normally. I did submit a ticket to SWS on this yesterday, just waiting to hear back to see if they can figure this out.
    I had a similar problem when testing this one, but it turned out that my X-55 throttle was out of calibration and it did not allow the full travel of the lever. Check if you have 100% rpm during take off role, or try hitting F4 to make sure you have full throttle setting.

Quote Originally Posted by Dimus View Post
    I had a similar problem when testing this one, but it turned out that my X-55 throttle was out of calibration and it did not allow the full travel of the lever. Check if you have 100% rpm during take off role, or try hitting F4 to make sure you have full throttle setting.
    I have an X-56, I did check the calibration, all seems normal. The T-37 throttles do look like they could go forward a bit more but as it stands, the engine RPM shows over 100% when at full throttle. I did hit F4 and it made no change. Just for the sake of checking, I did re-calibrate my throttles and after that, the T-37's acceleration seemed to be fixed, speeds and engine indicators seem normal were normal but on the downwind pattern after that takeoff, all of the sudden, the speed began to lag again despite the rpm showing where it needed to be. I went and re-calibrated again, the original issue prevailed again. There has to be some bug behind this.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Well, after much testing I found the culprit behind my speed problem with the T-37. After communicating with Alex at SWS help desk about it, it was a problem that obviously confounded both of us to a degree of head scratching because the issue simply defied making any sense. Following his and the suggestions here, I simply began a process of elimination. I ended up editing out both the Reverse Thrust and Spoiler settings in the aircraft config file. The reason I changed the thrust reverse setting from 1 to 0 is that Alex indicated to me that there might be an unknown glitch between the throttle and the T-37's Thrust Attenuators function which comes in at 70% and below on the throttle setting. I eliminated that possibility and then concentrated on the Spoilers by going into the Aircraft config [airplane_geometry] settings and editing the spoiler_limit of 66.07 to 00. This cleared the problem up immediately but that brought the question of what was causing the Spoiler effect to occur without manual speed brake deployment in the T-37 model nor the visual deployment of the Speed Brake Board? I went in and checked my P3D key and axis assignments to see if there was a conflict I was unaware of. None in the key assignments but one stuck out to me in the axis assignments for my X-56 throttle, the Ry Axis was assigned to the Spoiler Axis (a red flag!). For those unfamiliar/familiar with the X-55/X-56, the throttle Ry & Rx Axis is set up on a mini-joystick that in my humble opinion is largely useless (there is a mini-joystick on the main X-56 stick as well) and easy to accidentally hit/trigger with normal throttle handling. However, it dawned on me I had set up the throttle Ry Axis for the PMDG 737NGXu's Nose Wheel Steering Tiller (which is in my opinion a quirky & odd axis to use). This is the only model that uses this setup as far as I know and I am guessing that PMDG's coding prevents spoiler deployment off this specific axis while on the ground and up to a certain speed? (the axis seems totally ineffective above 70 to 80 knots). I think it's a safe bet that this caused a sort of ghost deployment of the T-37's spoiler axis/speed brake effect even though the lever had not been moved nor was there a visual indication externally of speed brake deployment. This issue is fixed, one more of the various oddities and quirks that can cause havoc now added to our general knowledge base. Just glad I can fly this great model again!

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Btw. what about new version: A-37 "Dragonfly"?
    Do you have it in future plans maybe (with support of TacPack's weapons)?
    Webmaster of yoyosims.pl.

Win 10 64, i9 13900 KF, RTX 4090 24Gb, RAM64Gb, SSD M.2 NVMe, Predator XB271HU res.2560x1440 27'' G-sync, Sound Blaster Z + 5.1, TiR5 [MSFS, P3Dv5, DCS, RoF, Condor, IL-2 CoD/BoX] VR fly only: Meta Quest Pro

What about P3D v5 ?
    I don't have V 4 anymore, and the Tweet crashes V 5. I miss my Tweet.

Ditto on the A37 Dragonfly Variant and P3D V5!

Cheers,
    Mark
    My scenery development galleries:
    https://www.dropbox.com/sh/x0skkam7xu8zz8r/DFwnonB1nH

Solomon 1943 V2 Open beta download: http://www.sim-outhouse.com/download...on-1943-V2.zip
    Solomon 1943 V2 update 2013-02-05 download: http://www.sim-outhouse.com/download...2013-02-05.zip

Current Project: DHC-4 / C-7a Caribou by Tailored Radials
    Dev-Gallery at https://www.dropbox.com/sh/qjdtcoxeg...bAG-2V4Ja?dl=0

Members who have read this thread: 3