B-57 Canberra

Thread: B-57 Canberra

Hybrid View

B-57 Canberra

Been slowly working between the Alphasim Jaguar and the Alphasim B-57. I ran into some problems with the Jaguar that have stalled that for the time being, but the B-57 was a bit easier so that's where I am right now. I am using the Pilots manual to redraw all the console avionics panels but my first project has been to fix something that always bugged me about the VC. The two smaller panels to the left and right of the main panel looked "twisted" so the gauges and switches and screws matched the perspective of the box they were modeled for. I never liked the way those components looked and so I decided to fix it. I can't do anything about the modeled portions but I did straighten everything else.

I'm happier with the way it looks now and since there were only a few items that were even workable (gear handle, flaps gauge and gear lights) it took very little to get everything reset. Now I can continue on with the consoles, which will take quite awhile to redraw.

B-57_WIP-2020-jan-3-002 by Ed Wells, on Flickr
    USAF Retired, 301st Fighter Wing, Carswell AFB, Texas
    My SOH Uploads: http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforum...erid=83&sort=d

Current System Specs:
    FSX/Accel | Windows10 64bit
    Motherboard: MSI760GM-E51(MS-7596)
    CPU: 3.9GHz AMD FX-4300 Quad-Core | RAM: 16GB DDR3 1333
    GPU: NVidia GTX 970 (4GB GDDR5)

Good to see! Always liked the Canberra, especially the U.S. version. Thankfully, I never noticed the twisted panel!
    America never stopped being great.

Quote Originally Posted by nagpaw View Post
    . . . . . Thankfully, I never noticed the twisted panel!
    Well, it's very likely that most folks never had a problem with it, but it didn't look natural to me and I always intended to do what I could to make it look as I would expect it to look if I were in the cockpit and looked left and right at those panels. It really just comes down to personal preference really.
    USAF Retired, 301st Fighter Wing, Carswell AFB, Texas
    My SOH Uploads: http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforum...erid=83&sort=d

Current System Specs:
    FSX/Accel | Windows10 64bit
    Motherboard: MSI760GM-E51(MS-7596)
    CPU: 3.9GHz AMD FX-4300 Quad-Core | RAM: 16GB DDR3 1333
    GPU: NVidia GTX 970 (4GB GDDR5)

Nice work Ed. Glad to hear you’re updating the B-57.

Need to remove the mini-icons. Hate them. I prefer the usual keyboard shortcuts. The mini-icons detract from any realistic panel. Just my two cents.

Carry on.
    -- WH

If at first you don't succeed, try, try,try again. ... or go read the manual.

Quote Originally Posted by falcon409 View Post
    Well, it's very likely that most folks never had a problem with it, but it didn't look natural to me and I always intended to do what I could to make it look as I would expect it to look if I were in the cockpit and looked left and right at those panels. It really just comes down to personal preference really.
    I reinstalled the original, and you're absolutely right about the panel! Don't know how I didn't see it before, but I'm glad you're fixing it. That can't be unseen.
    America never stopped being great.

SOH-CM-2023
    That will fit nicely in my FSX converted EB-57's
    You can't take the sky from me...

Members +
    Blog Entries
    Say, Falcon. I have sitting the alpha cranberries, converted with armament options, IE: rockets or bombs on dropped object visibility conditions with matching stores from a saved or mission flight.
    It's good fun. Nuclear-armed can also be had. You want the lot for this?

Members who have read this thread: 1