Jankees paints in 2020 - Page 2
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Jankees paints in 2020

Beautiful repaints / liveries Jan ! Was wondering if The Banshee repaints are FSX compatible ? Mike

Quote Originally Posted by Flyboy208 View Post
    Beautiful repaints / liveries Jan ! Was wondering if The Banshee repaints are FSX compatible ? Mike
    Yep.
    -- WH

If at first you don't succeed, try, try,try again. ... or go read the manual.

Thanks WH ! Mike

a few more PBR C-47's:
    jk4845

jk4823

jk4814

jk4805
    You can find most of my repaints for FSX/P3D in the library here on the outhouse.
    For MFS paints go to flightsim.to

You can find most of my repaints for FSX/P3D in the library here on the outhouse.

Not that I am "biased" in my appreciation of certain paints you do, but this is AWESOME! Navy Chief

Quote Originally Posted by jankees View Post
    coming soon:
    2020-1-27_21-4-24-369

Quote Originally Posted by Navy Chief View Post
    Not that I am "biased" in my appreciation of certain paints you do, but this is AWESOME! Navy Chief
    Chief, I'm glad you like it. I just uploaded it, so enjoy it!

this one needs a bit more TLC, so I continue tomorrow

jk4829

Blog Entries
    Those look good, Jankees!!

I haven't yet had the time to install the latest version of the C-47 into P3D-but that CPAir will be one of the first.

Silly question - but is the latest version of the Vissers et al C-47 compatible with yours or any older repaints?

thanks again!

dl

These latest paints are my old paints reworked to fit the PBR model, which has a slightly different texture layout.
    The old paints will of course all fit the older model, C-47 version 3.14 I believe it was.
    I try to make sure that PBR is mentioned in the description and name of the zip file to make sure you have the right one.
    I have not tried using any of my old paints with the PBR model, so I'm not sure if that works. But why should you?

Blog Entries
    These latest paints are my old paints reworked to fit the PBR model, which has a slightly different texture layout.
    The old paints will of course all fit the older model, C-47 version 3.14 I believe it was.
    I try to make sure that PBR is mentioned in the description and name of the zip file to make sure you have the right one.
    I have not tried using any of my old paints with the PBR model, so I'm not sure if that works. But why should you?
    Thanks Jankees.

I was asking because there's a very small handful of schemes that I used to fly on the old FSX version(s) that I'm hoping to keep flying in P3D with the newer PBR version. Fortuitously, this latest CPAir scheme you're doing happens to be one of them.

and what are the others?

Blog Entries
    and what are the others?
    Hi Jan,

I'm replying only to answer your question, not to request anything per se, since I know you likely have a list a mile long of repaints you'd like to do, never mind anyone else's personal areas of interest.

But ones I recall installing (I say recall, since I'm away from my pc for a couple of days on travel) - were done (I think( by either you or David Robles, or Hani Michal. Again, sorry - can't check my files at the moment.

NASA 817NA (old scheme, blue meatball vs red worms logo)
    Swissair HB-IRN (as per the museum airframe)
    Pan American NC 33611
    Canadian Pacific CF-CPY

Anyway - thanks for your great work on this model - you've motivated me to bring it to the top of the list of addons to reinstall when I get home.

That, and I owe you a screenshot of the Banshee repaint. I just haven't had time to sit down at the sim pc yet - but should be able to by the weekend.

dl

I'll see if I can do any of the ones you list, but for now I have a new fun project:
    jk4847

jk4849

Blog Entries
    I'll see if I can do any of the ones you list, but for now I have a new fun project:
    Thanks Jankees - much appreciated, and again, I had no expectations, anything you do is a gift.

That looks like fun little runabout plane!

Thx for Zenith skin and C-47!
    Webmaster of yoyosims.pl.

Win 10 64, i9 13900 KF, RTX 4090 24Gb, RAM64Gb, SSD M.2 NVMe, Predator XB271HU res.2560x1440 27'' G-sync, Sound Blaster Z + 5.1, TiR5 [MSFS, P3Dv5, DCS, RoF, Condor, IL-2 CoD/BoX] VR fly only: Meta Quest Pro

still working on the Zenith(s) but nearly there..

jk4889

jk4888

uploading as I type this
    jk4925

jk4910

two more Zeniths:
    jk5016

jk4990

and a couple of Hurricanes
    jk4649

jk5053
    Last edited by jankees; February 2nd, 2020 at 07:07.

Thanks for the Zenith repaints! I love flying that little plane. It's like a Jeep that flies.

I'm working on a few more Dakotas, butr I'm wondering if I overdid it with scratches and so forth, what do you think?
    2020-2-4_21-7-56-390

2020-2-4_21-10-56-684

2020-2-4_21-14-22-81

2020-2-4_21-27-36-457

I have no idea if the wear on those birds is over done. I know I like them and will be downloading them as soon as they're available.

Blog Entries
    If your aim was to portray well-used birds, they’re perfect.

I think it’s a tasteful and fairly accurate, or at least believable amount of wear for the subjects in question.

This topic tends to be contentious, so kudos for opening it up to opinions.

I like them. YMMV.

Hello Jankees do you have a project for the P 38 with the livery of the P 38 from Atoinne de Saint Exupéry?

Much as I like the PBR paints I have to avoid the silver schemes as on my P3Dv4 they appear almost to have a goldish tinge.
    I don't know if it is my settings or not. The others seem OK. Nice paints though.

Members who have read this thread: 0