DC-4 sound problem

Thread: DC-4 sound problem

DC-4 sound problem

I have installed the DC-4/C-54 from JensB. Kristensen, file name Dc4_v30x.zip into my P3Dv4.5 and then installed the models update JBK_Douglas_DC-4_MDLS.zip and everything but the landing lights seems to be working. It flies pretty good, but there is no sound. In the Read Me notes it says to use a sound set such as can be found at Cal Classics. I went there but could not find anything for the DC-4 or the C-54. I did find the file Propsound_DC6_42800_v2_zip by Jon Jefferys and installed that, but no joy. Still no sounds. I have tried searching this site too, but can not find any sound sets here either. Has anyone solved this problem and if you did, can you please tell me what you did?
    Thanks

The DC-4 is set up to use the default FSX DC-3 soundset, but of course that doesn't exist in P3d.
    The sound set you downloaded (Propsound_DC6_r2800_v2_zip) does work, but you must make sure you follow the instructions about copying the files, substituting P3d for FSX.

Icon25

Quote Originally Posted by DaveWG View Post
    The DC-4 is set up to use the default FSX DC-3 soundset, but of course that doesn't exist in P3d.
    The sound set you downloaded (Propsound_DC6_r2800_v2_zip) does work, but you must make sure you follow the instructions about copying the files, substituting P3d for FSX.
    Thanks for your help. I will look at that.

Members who have read this thread: 0