What do we want to see/need in CFS2 in 2020? - Page 4
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: What do we want to see/need in CFS2 in 2020?

Wink

Surprised nobody has mentioned cup holders... lol

Cheers m

Made me larf!!..

And can be aranged on all new ac, along with a selection of ashtrays and deep shagpile carpets.

Cheers

Shessi

Question

Lol...... i know this a looonnnnng shot.... but be nice if some these old payware stuff went freeware esp if they're not supported anymore.... like what the nice ppl at AH and Alphasim do.... anythin 10 yrs or older.... be nice ... but highly unlikely .

But we do have a huge resource in old and new freeware detailed stuff ... that don't chew up fps tooooo much.... like Milton stuff... just to name one...... and quite tweakable... so really good on fps.

Cheers mav

Forgive my ignorant question...Is it possible to take, for example, an Alphasim freeware plane that isn't multi-lod and make it multi-lod? Or...make a non-gmax model a gmax one? Just curious.

Kind regards,

TW
    Dirty Deeds Done Dirt Cheap!

Yes to both and being done. But that's for people with more talent with programming than me
    Cheers,

Captain Kurt
    ------------------------------------------------------
    "Fly, you fools!" Gandalf the Gray

Hi Capt,

Thank you for the reply!

TW

Stuart

....any chance you might work your wonders on those VN destroyers that are not represented in your wonderful renditions? Just curious

Quote Originally Posted by Typhoon Willy View Post
    Forgive my ignorant question...Is it possible to take, for example, an Alphasim freeware plane that isn't multi-lod and make it multi-lod? Or...make a non-gmax model a gmax one? Just curious.Kind regards,TW
    TW.... yes it's possible to turn an un multiLoD to something that acts like one.I call it scasmLoD where you add LoDs manually rather than using fsds or gmax.... hence the name..... and i do that to fs8 and fs9 conversions .... normally add 3 to 4 LoDs.... depending..... some fly better than others.... but that's to be expected depending on detail of model. That's why i use windowed mode when flying ... i can see if fps are going up... and see if it making a difference from org model.Can't comment on gmax or fsds ..... cos i haven't got a clue..... why too confusing me .lolCheers mav

Hi Mav,

Thanks for the explanation! I've heard of "scasm" going back to Mauro's Hurricanes, but never understood what it was all about. Would that be like what Team Daedalus is doing with Akemi's Bf109s and Fw190s? De-compiling the models, making changes, then recompiling the finished product? And this can be done with pretty much any plane, ship, or infrastructure?

Kind regards,

TW

Quote Originally Posted by Fibber View Post
    ....any chance you might work your wonders on those VN destroyers that are not represented in your wonderful renditions? Just curious
    Hi Fibber
    Stay tuned!
    Cheers
    Stuart

Dang...............!!!

........that was quick! I guess I posted a little to soon. She looks, as Tony the Tiger would say "GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRReat!!!!!!"
    THANKS!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Typhoon Willy View Post
    Hi Mav, Thanks for the explanation! I've heard of "scasm" going back to Mauro's Hurricanes, but never understood what it was all about. Would that be like what Team Daedalus is doing with Akemi's Bf109s and Fw190s? De-compiling the models, making changes, then recompiling the finished product? And this can be done with pretty much any plane, ship, or infrastructure?Kind regards,TW
    TW ...Team Daedalus is not redoing Akemi's Bf109s and Fw190s... don't know how you got that idea???Yes to 2nd .... decompiling making changes like animating stuck surfaces for example.Yes to 3rd ... any plane, ship, or infrastructure.... tho i haven't done ships or scenery... so can't comment on that... but would be the same i think....Cheers mav

Hm , a JU 187 Maybe ? Never seen it i CFS 2, only a AB Squad Plane, but without external Weapons

Task Board

Just wondering whether the needs expressed in this thread might be served by having a CFS2 Help Board, much like a community pin board, where people could request something specific, ask for help with a particular project or ask for others to join a group effort. This could also be a way of getting feedback about the level of enthusiasm for particular proposals/ requests. Something like this could also be "stickied".

Quote Originally Posted by Ravenna View Post
    Just wondering whether the needs expressed in this thread might be served by having a CFS2 Help Board, much like a community pin board, where people could request something specific, ask for help with a particular project or ask for others to join a group effort. This could also be a way of getting feedback about the level of enthusiasm for particular proposals/ requests. Something like this could also be "stickied".
    Yes Rav, I like the cut of your jib....It must be a sticky otherwise it will get lost, but could be interesting. Could it be a little less confusing by having two stickied posts, one for help/how to's and questions, and one for requests/new projects/updates etc?

Cheers

Shessi

Hi Shessi,

Yep, that was what I was thinking but I left it a bit open ended. My hope for the first thread is that it might encourage more people to ask "how to" or "how do I" questions. A second thread along the line you followed would include requests for making new objects and aircraft and tweaking/ changing existing objects. It could also include requests for input into an existing project. We couldn't get the Flanders package to its present form without a very willing group of helpers responding to needs as they arose.

Quote Originally Posted by ElsnerMarkus View Post
    Hm , a JU 187 Maybe ? Never seen it i CFS 2, only a AB Squad Plane, but without external Weapons
    It's a Kazunori Ito plane and can not be converted and uploaded in the CFS2 section.

Cheers

Pepe

A dream would be skins for the USS Essex air group.
    "De Oppresso Liber"

Quote Originally Posted by Shadow Wolf 07 View Post
    There are skins for Colin's Essex-class CVs, but I don't remember on which website they were uploaded.

EDIT: I've just realized you were talking about skins for the AIRCRAFT, not for the SHIPS. Nevermind...

Quote Originally Posted by Shadow Wolf 07 View Post
    Which year? She had 4 different air groups with different aircraft

April 1943 to Feb 1944
    VB-9 SBD
    VF-9 F6F-3
    VT-9 TBF-1
    VF(N)-76 Feb 1944 F6F-3N

May to Nov 1944
    VB-15 SB2C-1
    VF-15 F6F-3 - (in Oct received 10 replacement F6F-5's)/F6F-3P
    VF(N)-77 F6F-3N
    VT-15 TBF/TBM-1C

Nov to Dec 1944
    VB-4 SB2C-3
    VF-4 F6F-5/F6F-5N/F6F-5P
    VT-4 TBM-1C

Jan to Feb 1945
    VB-4 removed from air group and fighter number increased
    VF-4 F6F-5/F6F-5N/F6F-5P
    VT-4 TBM-1C / TBM-3
    VMF-213 F4U-1D
    VMF-124 F4U-1D

Mar to Aug 1945
    VB-83 SB2C-4
    VF-83 F6F-5/F6F-5N/F6F-5P
    VBF-83 F4U-1D
    VT-83 TBM-3
    Cheers,

Captain Kurt

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Kurt View Post
    Which year? She had 4 different air groups with different aircraft

April 1943 to Feb 1944
    VB-9 SBD
    VF-9 F6F-3
    VT-9 TBF-1
    VF(N)-76 Feb 1944 F6F-3N

May to Nov 1944
    VB-15 SB2C-1
    VF-15 F6F-3 - (in Oct received 10 replacement F6F-5's)/F6F-3P
    VF(N)-77 F6F-3N
    VT-15 TBF/TBM-1C

Nov to Dec 1944
    VB-4 SB2C-3
    VF-4 F6F-5/F6F-5N/F6F-5P
    VT-4 TBM-1C

Jan to Feb 1945
    VB-4 removed from air group and fighter number increased
    VF-4 F6F-5/F6F-5N/F6F-5P
    VT-4 TBM-1C / TBM-3
    VMF-213 F4U-1D
    VMF-124 F4U-1D

Mar to Aug 1945
    VB-83 SB2C-4
    VF-83 F6F-5/F6F-5N/F6F-5P
    VBF-83 F4U-1D
    VT-83 TBM-3
    Captain: Without being greedy, I would like May-Nov 44 with the FDG F6f-5s and Wolfi's SB2c and TBF. I would be eternally in your debt.

And thanks for the intel... I'll update the summary strings in my campaign mission strings.

Cheers:

Greg
    "De Oppresso Liber"

Hi Greg

Here you go. Skins for Carrier Air Group 15. Wolfi's TBF and SB2C no problem as I already have base skins for them. I don't have a base skin for the FDG F6F-5 so I did one for both of Allen's F6F-5 and F6F-3 which I already had base skins for. I hope that's cool with you. I think they are actually a better model shape wise than the FDG model. They all have limitations. I did the dash 3 as an extra for you in case you may want to use it. The dash 3 is even more relevant for VF-15 since they only got ten dash 5 replacements in October - late in their deployment - out of one hundred+ dash 3's they went through.

Attachment 73881
    Cheers,

Captain Kurt

Icon4

Quote Originally Posted by peperez View Post
    It's a Kazunori Ito plane and can not be converted and uploaded in the CFS2 section.

Cheers

Pepe
    Oh....there are sometimes alternatives...

Uss essex textures....

....FWIW, I did find some textures for the later war years here for the default Corsair. http://simviation.com//cfs2aircraft78.htm
    These include the Essex down near the bottom of the list.

ADDENDUM : found some other texs over here at Flightsim. https://www.flightsim.com/vbfs/fslib...rchid=75475800

Again the texs are near the bottom of the list. Some are FSX and one is for a FS 2004 plane that naybe can be helped along to work in here?

Captain Kurt and Fibber:

Thanks guys! I appreciate your responses and the info. Captain, are you going to upload the skins so I can puta link to them in my readme?
    "De Oppresso Liber"

Members who have read this thread: 5