What do we want see or need in Fs9 in 2020?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: What do we want see or need in Fs9 in 2020?

Question What do we want see or need in Fs9 in 2020?

Hi Folks,
    I'm only asking as I know you're a broad minded lot, erring mostly on the Golden/WWII/Cold war eras, but a wish/need/want list would be good to get the 'juices' going. Also maybe stimulate others into 'having a go', helping on joint projects etc....

New aircraft, re-makes of older models, airfields, scenery, vehicles, repaints.........

So come on then?.....

Cheers

Shessi

My first thoughts would be a Ju-88 and a Wyvern. We have some good models of these from Kevin M and Ito-san, but they are old. I would also like to see some what-if repaints for these, especially the Wyvern.

Here's hoping,
    Ro

Top on my list would be a new Seversky P-35!
    And second maybe a new Ju 87B and/or R.

Thinks..... an IL-2, a DHC-5, a Shin-Meiwa US-1 (amphibian), a scenery for Wildenwrath... that will do for starters

Ttfn

Pete

Cool Keeping FS9 alive

... from 'Shessi-Works' Upgrade of the Whitley with radials and belly-turret, Vildebeest Mk.IV with crew and weapons, please, please, please
    and some more a/c from the inter-war periode Fairey Hendon, HP Heyford, the Fairey Fox family, Fairey IIIF, Fairey Firefly, the misssing members of Ted Cooke's Hawker family (Turret-Demon, Hector) and some really ugly birds Avro Bison, Blackburn R1 and a carrier e.g. HMS Argus

Cheers
    Udo

A Northrop YC-125 Raider! It's so ugly it's cool.
    Do not fear the enemy, for they can take only your life. Fear the media far more, for they will destroy your honour.

Hi, The Kawasaki P-1 would be a wonderful addition to FS9.

Good health and a Happy New Year to all

Andy.

SOH-CM-2023
    Quote Originally Posted by gwrfan View Post
    ... from 'Shessi-Works' Upgrade of the Whitley with radials and belly-turret, Vildebeest Mk.IV with crew and weapons, please, please, please
    and some more a/c from the inter-war periode Fairey Hendon, HP Heyford, the Fairey Fox family, Fairey IIIF, Fairey Firefly, the misssing members of Ted Cooke's Hawker family (Turret-Demon, Hector) and some really ugly birds Avro Bison, Blackburn R1 and a carrier e.g. HMS Argus

Cheers
    Udo
    Nice ideas, might consider some, but they are not well documented as far as i can see at the moment, so there would be a lot of guesswork cockpit & instrument wise, as well as flying qualities.
    Keith

German airfields and Russian aircraft. And plenty of them

Cheers,
    Huub

Blog Entries
    Polikarpov I-185 (with Shvetsov M-82).

Screenie of the excellent IL-2 model.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	I-185.jpg 
Views:	4 
Size:	36.0 KB 
ID:	73218

Members +
    An AN-2, or two.. There some interesting observer models, as well as skeleton fuselage models out there..
    Robin
    Cape Town, South Africa

Quote Originally Posted by zswobbie1 View Post
    An AN-2, or two.. There some interesting observer models, as well as skeleton fuselage models out there..
    An updated AN-2 can be found at Russian Avsim site,
    Avsimrus.com

Ttfn

Pete

Quote Originally Posted by huub vink View Post
    ...and Russian aircraft. And plenty of them
    Korean War era Yaks and Lavochkins!!!! Also any Egyptian version of the Bu 181/Czech Zlín Z.381, the Gomhouria.
    Matt

Members +
    Hi Pete, there's an AN-2 with an additional observer cabin, that will be great to have. The AN-3 is a Turbo prop version of an AN-2.
    Robin
    Cape Town, South Africa

Quote Originally Posted by zswobbie1 View Post
    Hi Pete, there's an AN-2 with an additional observer cabin, that will be great to have. The AN-3 is a Turbo prop version of an AN-2.
    Yes, but you're talking about those that have been created for that other sim

Ttfn

Pete

Some great ideas, and that's the spirit, get the grey matter thinking out loud!

Stoney, Ha ha about An2's. Stoney that YC125 look's like an An2 that's had a very hard-arsed landing, and bent something, and yes it's ugly. But so are those An2 models the others are talking about!

Re Kawa P1, I suppose you want the jet version and not the Lock P-3C?

Udo/Gwrfan, Hey! your first post in 7 years..thank you. And funny you should mention the Whitley MkI/II/III, as it was a to-do when I did the MkV and VIIs, so just maybe........ And I do like those inter-war ac, from all countries...again food for thought.

Ro, Hor, as you know well my liking for Axis ac. I have the Alphasim Ju87D source files, and I've been thinking of an Anton model. Also the re-doing the Ju88 is definitely up there, as I've done/doing the others in the family.

Huub, have to agree with you about German airfields, Papi would also agree. Maybe ask the mud-movers like Ian Elliot to get involved (if he would like to, that is!) or at least start something off?

One definative thing I'm getting from Fs9 and CFS2-ers, is Russian, French and Italian ac. Pre-war, WWII and just after period...some interesting and available stuff out there...so we'll see.

But keep this dialog coming, also how about a poll on a few things?

Cheers

Shessi

Hi @Shessi !
    I have lots of Orions and think they're all great; I happened across a photo of the Kawasaki P1 recently and it looked really purposeful - a smallish body and 4 jets It has a glass cockpit which is not completely as I would fit my own out, but it's still a great looking plane!
    Cheers,
    Andy.

Anyone for the Beriev A-40/Be-42 Albatross?

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by BoeingvsAirbusNKL View Post
    Anyone for the Beriev A-40/Be-42 Albatross?
    Yes! Absolutely!

SOH-CM-2020
    Happy new year to everyone!

I don't know if it's commonly known but Pilatus aircraft has a dedicated webpage for modelplans, so if you're curious and happy to look here's the link to:

https://www.pilatus-aircraft.com/en/downloads#modelplans

Quote Originally Posted by Shessi View Post
    ........ in the family.

Huub, have to agree with you about German airfields, Papi would also agree. Maybe ask the mud-movers like Ian Elliot to get involved (if he would like to, that is!) or at least start something off?

One ............
    Shessi,

Ian is now active in FSX and I don't think he is still developing for FS9. In the past I already been in contact with Cees Donker, who offered his help, but so far my attempts to master Airport Design Master has not resulted in anything useful.

About Russian aircraft: I always liked the racy looks of a Mig-3. The model by one of the Lindell brothers done for cfs2 is the last one I can recall..... Perhaps time for a new one

Cheers,
    Huub

Hi Huub,
    Re-MiG, as and when ha ha!.....

Personally I'm not in the business of doing ac just to please the masses. Having said that, there have been some good ideas, and if I can combine a like for doing an ac along with other peoples likes, then so much the better!!

There is so much to do or re-do, that it would take several lifetimes of modelling.... I just wish others had or wanted the required skills to do things, but unfortunately there are less and less people. I'm not complaining, as I love it, but would be nice.....

Re-Ian E, yes I know he errs on the side of FSX, but as I said, give him a nudge, tempt him, even if he starts something off, 'we' can finish it.

Cheers

Shessi

Long time ago this was available, SkyUnlimited - Mikoyan-Gurevich Mig-3, and it is a little dated today but still makes for 'interesting' flights.
    No idea where Jesse went but I think he found commercial FS work unable to pay a living wage.
    Shame as he produced some different subjects.

"Illegitimum non carborundum".

Phanteks Enthoo Evolv X D-RGB Tempered Glass ATX Galaxy Silver
    Intel Core i9 10980XE Extreme Edition X
    ASUS ROG Rampage VI Extreme Encore MB
    Corsair Vengeance LPX 128GB (8x16GB), PC4-30400 (3800MHz) DDR4
    Corsair iCUE H100i ELITE CAPELLIX White Liquid CPU Cooler, 240mm Radiator, 2x ML120 RGB PWM Fans
    Samsung 4TB SSD, 860 PRO Series, 2.5" SATA III x4
    Corsair 1600W Titanium Series AX1600i Power Supply, 80 PLUS Titanium,
    ASUS 43inch ROG Swift 4K UHD G-Sync VA Gaming Monitor, 3840x2160, HDR 1000, 1ms, 144Hz,

Members +
    Shessi, how about a tri-motor turbo DC-3?

Lol...
    Just asking for a friend.
    Robin
    Cape Town, South Africa

Members who have read this thread: 0