Jet Provost T.4
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Jet Provost T.4

Jet Provost T.4

Jet Provost T.4 in the making. Release will be when I am done. No paint yet, just mapping and animations done. VC is in the works. It will be payware, but very reasonable.

Rotorhub
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails JPT4_8.jpg   JPT4_3.jpg   JPT4_2.jpg   JPT4_1.jpg   JPT4_5.jpg  

Nice surprise - thanks for sharing, consider it added to my shopping list.

Henk.

I do not admit to remembering these.....

Dave

Nice looking model.
    Strangely enough I was just playing around with Rick Pipers old Provost T.5, then came here and saw this!
    BTW, I don't know if you're aware, John Young over at MAIW is working on some AI Provosts (T.4 & T.5) & Strikemasters, so that will go nicely with this.

Quote Originally Posted by DaveWG View Post
    Nice looking model.
    Strangely enough I was just playing around with Rick Pipers old Provost T.5, then came here and saw this!
    BTW, I don't know if you're aware, John Young over at MAIW is working on some AI Provosts (T.4 & T.5) & Strikemasters, so that will go nicely with this.
    That should make some nice ai traffic to accompany this one. A few era correct airfields installed, would add to the immersion.
    Rick Pipers model is nice, and there is a Strikemaster out there as well. I focus only on the T.4 for now.

Rotorhub

Adding this one is on my “to buy” list! Will it have a stores manager or be TacPack compatible?

Kent

Very nice! Looking forward to this.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

...And the really cool and motivating thing is, I’ll get to lay hands on a real Strikemaster tomorrow at the Royal Singapore Air Force museum....we’re in Singapore finishing up a loooong Pacific vacation (Also had the chance to visit the RNZAF museum in Christchurch...small but cool).

Kent

It sure is a nice airplane that grows on you. This model is a basic training aircraft. I have no mentions in my manuals regarding weapons or hardpoints on the T.4. Maybe some export models was made with the posibility for light armament. I will look into it.

Regards
    Rotorhub

Looking forward to this one.

The T4 was only ever a basic trainer and only operated by the RAF. Some T4s were used by 79 Sqn for FAC training and wore camouflage but were never armed.

This was the hot rod of the Provost family (excepting Strikemaster) with the lightweight T3 airframe and T5 engine, so should have (relatively) good performance!

Fantastic news, I learnt to fly, after the Chipmunk, in the T Mk3A, I flew the Brawdy based T4 in the late seventies for a few sorties (dates approx. Log book in the attic somewhere). It was a lot quicker than the Mk3, I remember, we cruised around 240-280Knots, good rate of climb, but being non-pressurised limited the service ceiling.

A most welcome addition

Thanks

Eric
    Kind rgds

Eric

i9 9900K, ASUS Z-390-H, 32 GB RAM, ASUS RTX 2080ti
    P3Dv5 and FSX (still)

Lovely airplane. And apparently they also flew in low viz grey while serving with 79 Sqn

On my shopping list as well!

Priller
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 1123520-large.jpg  

Great project! I had the chance to fly on a T.5 some months ago, and it was amazing!

We need the T5 as well.....

Dave

Jet Provost T4 paint

Quick and dirty paint test. No spec, no bump just basic material.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Quick Paint Test5.jpg   Quick Paint Test6.jpg  

Nice progress. It definitely has a spot reserved in my virtual hanger.

Will there be a Red Pelicans livery?
    -JB

Quote Originally Posted by Naruto-kun View Post
    Will there be a Red Pelicans livery?
    I will not promise any special liveries at this moment, since it still early in the project. But there will be more liveries than the "dayglo" paint. The base texture templete should be easy enough to create multiple liveres from, when done.

Rotorhub

Quote Originally Posted by Dino Cattaneo View Post
    Great project! I had the chance to fly on a T.5 some months ago, and it was amazing!
    No envy here

Rotorhub

Paint is comming on

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails JPT4001.jpg   JTP4002.jpg   JPT4_2.jpg   JPT4_8.jpg  

PBR textures?

i9-10900K, 64 Gb RAM, RTX 3090 FE, Win10 Pro 64-bit, Reverb G2

Quote Originally Posted by Airtrooper View Post
    PBR textures?
    No, just standard material with diffuse, spec, bump. I will also render an ambient occlusion map, and add it to the paint.
    However, I will look into PBR.

Rotorhub

Quote Originally Posted by rotorhub View Post
    No, just standard material with diffuse, spec, bump. I will also render an ambient occlusion map, and add it to the paint.
    However, I will look into PBR.

Rotorhub
    For Reference, Dino talks about PBR modeling here; http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforum...=1#post1208510

Members who have read this thread: 0