P3D loading

Thread: P3D loading

P3D loading

Here's a puzzle:

I load an aircraft and scenery. The sim starts to load everything and the progress bar gets to completion, showing 100%.

I then get a black screen and...…. nothing. It just sits until I force an exit.

Any ideas?

Dave

Do you use a 3rd party shader program like PTA or reshade?

Those programs can force a shader rebuild after each session load, i have the same issue however mine may take several seconds each time.

I have the same issue but mine eventually comes on after about 5 seconds.

Have you run the repair option yet?
    I usually need to clear out most of standard aircraft (that I don't care for) after the repair operation but it generally works.
    "Illegitimum non carborundum".

Phanteks Enthoo Evolv X D-RGB Tempered Glass ATX Galaxy Silver
    Intel Core i9 10980XE Extreme Edition X
    ASUS ROG Rampage VI Extreme Encore MB
    Corsair Vengeance LPX 128GB (8x16GB), PC4-30400 (3800MHz) DDR4
    Corsair iCUE H100i ELITE CAPELLIX White Liquid CPU Cooler, 240mm Radiator, 2x ML120 RGB PWM Fans
    Samsung 4TB SSD, 860 PRO Series, 2.5" SATA III x4
    Corsair 1600W Titanium Series AX1600i Power Supply, 80 PLUS Titanium,
    ASUS 43inch ROG Swift 4K UHD G-Sync VA Gaming Monitor, 3840x2160, HDR 1000, 1ms, 144Hz,

Quote Originally Posted by jeansy View Post
    Do you use a 3rd party shader program like PTA or reshade?

Those programs can force a shader rebuild after each session load, i have the same issue however mine may take several seconds each time.
    I don't use a third-party shader, no.

Quote Originally Posted by DaleRFU View Post
    I have the same issue but mine eventually comes on after about 5 seconds.
    I'm talking 20 minutes of nothing.

How do I clear/delete the shaders?

Dave

Shaders

Look here
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails scadled.jpg  

Cured.

I tried deleting the shaders, but that made no difference -- so I did a 'repair' on the client. I then deleted a few scenery areas and the combination has worked.

Back in business.

Dave

Quote Originally Posted by dhazelgrove View Post
    Cured.

I tried deleting the shaders, but that made no difference -- so I did a 'repair' on the client. I then deleted a few scenery areas and the combination has worked.

Back in business.

Dave
    It is MOST frustrating when things like this happen. Over the years, it has caused my blood pressure to rise more than a few times!! Glad you got it working again! NC

I think it all started when I got interested in MD-11 cargo operations, courtesy of a couple of videos I found on YouTube.
    I tried to recreate some of Lufthansa Cargo's routes out of Frankfurt (EDDF) to Mumbai (VABB), Hong Kong (VHHH - see attached) and Novosibirsk (UNNT).

(fx:rant!!)
    Novosibirsk has been nothing but trouble, in that the AFCAD has suitable parking -- but it isn't connected to the taxiway system, so isn't useable.
    It's easily fixable, but recompiling makes the buildings disappear.
    (/fx)
    It's one of the items I've uninstalled.

Ah, well. Back to the Tweet.....

Dave
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 2019-11-4_18-44-0-337.jpg  

Quote Originally Posted by dhazelgrove View Post
    Cured.

Back in business.

Dave
    It was the scenery areas. I am an incorrigible collector, and I have more sceneries in my collection than I'll ever be able to install and visit. I have all of Megascenery's V3 photoreal for the entire USA. When I first loaded them, it took almost four hours for the sim to sort and load them in first boot, then when I started a flight to explore just my home states, Iowa and Southern California, it took almost two hours to load the flights.

Long story short: I now use Scenery Config Editor to turn off the states I will not be flying over for a particular flight, and now I boot in less than 5 min, (mostly because of all the aircraft and textures installed,) and a flight loads in barely over a minute.

Also, if you have a lot of ORBX scenery, it will do the same thing.
    Don H

AMD Ryzen 5 7600X
    MSI MAG B650 Tomahawk WIFI/BT
    64GB Corsair Vengeance 6000MHz DDR5 C40 (4x16)
    Sapphire Pulse AMD Radeon RX7900XT 20GB DDR6
    Corsair 5000D Airflow Case
    Corsair RM850x 80+ GOLD P/S
    Liquid Freezer II 360 water cooling
    C:/ WD Black 4TB SN770 Gen 4 NVMe M.2 SSD
    D:/ Crucial P3 PLUS 4TB Gen 4 NVMe M.2 SSD
    Samsung 32" Curved Monitor
    Honeycomb and Saitek Flight Equipment

Members who have read this thread: 0