C-47_Piedmont Airlines PBR.zip

Thread: C-47_Piedmont Airlines PBR.zip

Blog Entries

C-47_Piedmont Airlines PBR.zip

A new entry has been added to Add-Ons Library, category P3D / P4D Add-Ons - Civilian aircraft

Description: This folder contains a P3Dv4.5 PBR repaint for the Douglas C-47 by Manfred Jahn and team in the scheme of Douglas C-47 Piedmont Airlines

Piedmont Airlines P3D 4.4+ with HD PBR textures.

It was built for the United States Army Air Force in 1942 as a C-47 cargo airplane (Serial Number 42-4545), After the war the aircraft was sold as surplus and used to carry cargo by a number of operators. Then in 1986, Piedmont Airlines acquired the aircraft and restored it to its original airline configuration. During this restoration, Piedmont Airlines added color weather radar and other modern avionics.

Rivet and bump detail by Ted (Tufun) Wolfgang

To check it out, rate it or add comments, visit C-47_Piedmont Airlines PBR.zip
    The comments you make there will appear in the posts below.

Gordon-

A bit con-fus-ed about this folder...

3. Copy the "texture.dgint" folder in this download to your "Douglas_C-47_PBR" folder in P3D. Overwrite if prompted.

I did so, it was not present, and there appears to be no reference to it in the .cfg text in your read me.

[fltsim.xx]
    title=Douglas C-47 Piedmont Airlines PBR
    sim=Douglas_DC3_v1.5
    model=dak01
    panel=
    sound=
    texture=piedmont
    kb_checklists=Douglas_DC3_check
    kb_reference=Douglas_DC3_ref
    atc_id=N44V
    atc_flight_number=N44V
    atc_airline="Piedomont"
    ui_manufacturer="Douglas"
    ui_type="C-47R Skytrain"
    ui_variation="Piedmont Airlines PBR"
    ui_typerole="Twin Engine Prop"
    ui_createdby=
    description="Piedmont Airlines P3D 4.4+ RAF with HD PBR textures.
    It was built for the United States Army Air Force in 1942 as a C-47 cargo airplane (Serial Number 42-4545), After the war the aircraft was sold as surplus and used to carry cargo by a number of operators. Then in 1986, Piedmont Airlines acquired the aircraft and restored it to its original airline configuration. During this restoration, Piedmont Airlines added color weather radar and other modern avionics.Rivet and bump detail by Ted (Tufun) Wolfgang."

ALSO- is there a way to delete the Rebecca whiskers?

Appreciate any advice.

Ta and Stay Safe!

C

Gordon-

Also, as you can see, I am getting white Nav lights... I know there was a cure... just can't find it atm... any ideas?

Ta- Carl

Blog Entries
    Let me look at that and I'll bump back here.
    He who knows nothing is closer to the truth than he whose mind is filled with falsehoods and errors.
    Thomas Jefferson

Intel Core i9-9900K Coffee Lake | Cooler MasterAir Maker 8 CPU Thermal Cooler | ASUS ROG Strix Z390-E LGA 1151 | CORSAIR Vengeance RGB Pro 32GB 288-Pin DDR4/3200 | EVGA GeForce GTX 1080 Ti 11GB | SAMSUNG 860 EVO Series M.2 1TB SSD | Mushkin Chronos 240GB 2.5 SSD | WD Black 2TB 7200 RPM |WD Black 5TB 7200 RPM | CORSAIR HX Series HX1200 PSU | Windows 10 HP 64-bit

Quote Originally Posted by ******** View Post
    Let me look at that and I'll bump back here.
    Saw some chatter over here about that #59/60

http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforum...with-PBR/page3

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by cavaricooper View Post
    Gordon-

A bit con-fus-ed about this folder...

3. Copy the "texture.dgint" folder in this download to your "Douglas_C-47_PBR" folder in P3D. Overwrite if prompted.

I did so, it was not present, and there appears to be no reference to it in the .cfg text in your read me.

[fltsim.xx]
    title=Douglas C-47 Piedmont Airlines PBR
    sim=Douglas_DC3_v1.5
    model=dak01
    panel=
    sound=
    texture=piedmont
    kb_checklists=Douglas_DC3_check
    kb_reference=Douglas_DC3_ref
    atc_id=N44V
    atc_flight_number=N44V
    atc_airline="Piedomont"
    ui_manufacturer="Douglas"
    ui_type="C-47R Skytrain"
    ui_variation="Piedmont Airlines PBR"
    ui_typerole="Twin Engine Prop"
    ui_createdby=
    description="Piedmont Airlines P3D 4.4+ RAF with HD PBR textures.
    It was built for the United States Army Air Force in 1942 as a C-47 cargo airplane (Serial Number 42-4545), After the war the aircraft was sold as surplus and used to carry cargo by a number of operators. Then in 1986, Piedmont Airlines acquired the aircraft and restored it to its original airline configuration. During this restoration, Piedmont Airlines added color weather radar and other modern avionics.Rivet and bump detail by Ted (Tufun) Wolfgang."

ALSO- is there a way to delete the Rebecca whiskers?

Appreciate any advice.

Ta and Stay Safe!

C

OK...First, those nav lights are a HDR lighting glitch. Probably related to shaders.
    Turning off HDR should show the lights correctly...comes down to how much you like or don't like HDR.

The texture.dgint folder is one of a few I did for interior colors. Each texture. i.e. texture.piedmont contains a .cfg file that points to a specific interior color. In this case it will be the dgint...which is the dark green interior. If you didn't have one already installed from one of my other DAK textures, you may or may not have needed to overwrite. All of my textures call out a specific interior color. When ever you download a new aircraft texture it will include the interior texture folder as well.

Hope this helps, if not buzz me back here.

And...staying safe.
    Building a large greenhouse room on the side of my house. Time to start growing my own food...and it will provide a ton of heat in the winters when the snow flies. Great place for the cats to have outdoors/indoors when there is snow on the ground.

G
    He who knows nothing is closer to the truth than he whose mind is filled with falsehoods and errors.
    Thomas Jefferson

Intel Core i9-9900K Coffee Lake | Cooler MasterAir Maker 8 CPU Thermal Cooler | ASUS ROG Strix Z390-E LGA 1151 | CORSAIR Vengeance RGB Pro 32GB 288-Pin DDR4/3200 | EVGA GeForce GTX 1080 Ti 11GB | SAMSUNG 860 EVO Series M.2 1TB SSD | Mushkin Chronos 240GB 2.5 SSD | WD Black 2TB 7200 RPM |WD Black 5TB 7200 RPM | CORSAIR HX Series HX1200 PSU | Windows 10 HP 64-bit

Members who have read this thread: 2