P3D V4 series

Thread: P3D V4 series

P3D V4 series

I wonder if P3D V4 series will play out thru 4.9 or if V5 will be next major change after 4.5?

I am at a crossroads with P3D V3.4 and all this news about a MS 2010 and P3D V5 and have just kept using what I have

wondering what and when the next change will be......

Quote Originally Posted by gray eagle View Post
    I wonder if P3D V4 series will play out thru 4.9 or if V5 will be next major change after 4.5?

I am at a crossroads with P3D V3.4 and all this news about a MS 2010 and P3D V5 and have just kept using what I have

wondering what and when the next change will be......
    There has been no offical announcement about p3d v5, thr only posts have been people speculating the version

No one knows even what updated or new features are coming as LM have always kept a tight lip until just prior the release

Which is the way ahead? Msfs2020 or another v4 update or a new whole version of p3d.

How long is a piece of string?

For now just enjoy what you have and wait for the dust to settle

I wouldn't touch MSF2020 for several months to see what bugs (and there will be bugs!) appear and what fixes are released.
    As for P3D, Matt put it well, nothing but rumors and LM say very little about their plans.
    Personally I'd suggest you stick with P3D4 and just see what develops...
    "Illegitimum non carborundum".

Phanteks Enthoo Evolv X D-RGB Tempered Glass ATX Galaxy Silver
    Intel Core i9 10980XE Extreme Edition X
    ASUS ROG Rampage VI Extreme Encore MB
    Corsair Vengeance LPX 128GB (8x16GB), PC4-30400 (3800MHz) DDR4
    Corsair iCUE H100i ELITE CAPELLIX White Liquid CPU Cooler, 240mm Radiator, 2x ML120 RGB PWM Fans
    Samsung 4TB SSD, 860 PRO Series, 2.5" SATA III x4
    Corsair 1600W Titanium Series AX1600i Power Supply, 80 PLUS Titanium,
    ASUS 43inch ROG Swift 4K UHD G-Sync VA Gaming Monitor, 3840x2160, HDR 1000, 1ms, 144Hz,

Quote Originally Posted by jeansy View Post

How long is a piece of string?

How deep is the ocean and how wide is the sky?

[QUOTE=wombat666;1206198
    Personally I'd suggest you stick with P3D4 and just see what develops...[/QUOTE]

I'm using P3D V3.4 and haven't upgraded to the V4 series....

Quote Originally Posted by gray eagle View Post
    I'm using P3D V3.4 and haven't upgraded to the V4 series....
    So you are!
    Bloody numbers! Must be time for my annual sight checkup!
    So to correct my cock up I should have said upgrade to P3D4+, however, I keep my P3D3 installation up and running as several of my favorite aircraft only run on the 32bit sim.
    Both P3D versions run independently and while P3D4+ is the (apparent) way forward some developers like Captain Sim (for example) are dragging their feet in updating their line up.

"Illegitimum non carborundum".

Phanteks Enthoo Evolv X D-RGB Tempered Glass ATX Galaxy Silver
    Intel Core i9 10980XE Extreme Edition X
    ASUS ROG Rampage VI Extreme Encore MB
    Corsair Vengeance LPX 128GB (8x16GB), PC4-30400 (3800MHz) DDR4
    Corsair iCUE H100i ELITE CAPELLIX White Liquid CPU Cooler, 240mm Radiator, 2x ML120 RGB PWM Fans
    Samsung 4TB SSD, 860 PRO Series, 2.5" SATA III x4
    Corsair 1600W Titanium Series AX1600i Power Supply, 80 PLUS Titanium,
    ASUS 43inch ROG Swift 4K UHD G-Sync VA Gaming Monitor, 3840x2160, HDR 1000, 1ms, 144Hz,

Quote Originally Posted by wombat666 View Post
    So you are!
    Bloody numbers! Must be time for my annual sight checkup!
    So to correct my cock up I should have said upgrade to P3D4+, however, I keep my P3D3 installation up and running as several of my favorite aircraft only run on the 32bit sim.
    Both P3D versions run independently and while P3D4+ is the (apparent) way forward some developers like Captain Sim (for example) are dragging their feet in updating their line up.

What ever upgrade I end up with, I plan on keeping the P3D V3....I have allocated a drive sector for the next flightsim. I used to have FSX and P3D V3 installed on same rig but then
    quit with the FSX.

Thanks

While I personally have no advanced information, there normal pattern is a release every 4-6 months and our last release was April so about 8 months ago, but they have release two hot fix releases, what does that tell us. I am sure they are always finding and fixing bugs but when to release then, if a major release is coming just wait and include it in that, but the hot fixes tell us they did not plan to have a major release in the near future.

Of course, LM being defense contractors are very secretive and don't announce anything, but I think there are two possibilities, first and I hope most likely they are working on a big release (V5) and its taking more time than a normal release, or they are waiting for FS2020 to re-evaluate there direction forward. Bigger players like PMDG that are more likely to have inside information from LM or M$ have announce they are going to continue to support and release products for P3D and that make me think LM is not going away anytime soon.

I really hope LM and M$ will partner on the development so they have a unified platform that developers can work on, but who knows.

But back to the main topic, I think 4.5 will be the last release for v4
    Joe Cusick
    San Francisco Bay Area, California.

I am serious, and stop calling me Shirley.

Members who have read this thread: 0