Hawker Hind skin packs by fde_bressy released!

Thread: Hawker Hind skin packs by fde_bressy released!

Charter Member 2011
    Blog Entries

Icon22 Hawker Hind skin packs by fde_bressy released!

Merry Xmas to you all and your families and relatives.

I made, as Christmas gift, two skinpacks for an underrated nice biplane, that saw combat during WWII.

Hinds at war:
    This skinpack is made of 5 repaints for Ted Cooks’s Hart derivatives for CFS2 (see in the library)

RAF-Hawker Hind Mk.I TT
    An RAF unarmed, dual control, Hawker Hind Trainer L7213, probably used as target tug, painted according
    to a picture found on the web.

RAF-Hawker Hind T.Mk.I
    A trainer version used by the 1st Fighter Trainer School, Netheravon, in 1940. Painting thanks AZ model decal sheet.

RNZAF-Hawker Hind Mk.I
    A New-zealander Hind of 6th.squadron RNZAF, in 1940, from pictures found on ADF Serials site and AZ
    model decal sheet.
    New Zealand operated 61 Hinds supplied as part of the British Commonwealth ('Empire') Air Training plan.
    Fifty-eight aircraft were delivered by sea in 1940-41, while a further fourteen were sunk in transit.
    The preparation for a potential Japanese attack meant even second-line aircraft were prepared for use under the FAFAI
    scheme. The Hinds were assigned to 6 (Army Cooperation) which formed at Milson (Palmerston North) on
    February 20th under W/Cdr J.G. Fraser.

RNZAF-Hawker Hind T.Mk.I
    NZ 1524, used by 10 Operational Training Unit RNZAF 10.

SAAF-Hawker Hind T.Mk.I
    The South African Air Force received a total of 128 Hawker Hind aircraft that saw service in the Union of South Africa
    over the period 1940 to 1944. During this period the South African Air Force received a further 63 Hind aircraft, that
    were not allotted local serial numbers, most of the ‘RAF’ serial aircraft were ‘struck-of charge’ in the Union of South
    Africa, with three lost at sea, when the SS Auditor sank

In the package, you will find adapted Aircraft and DP files.
    Should work for FS 2004, but do not copy the prop_440 bitmap.

Comments are welcome

F. de Bressy
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails RAF-Hawker Hind Mk.I TT.jpg   RAF-Hawker Hind T.Mk.I.jpg   RNZAF-Hawker Hind Mk.I.jpg   RNZAF-Hawker Hind T.Mk.I.jpg   SAAF-Hawker Hind T.Mk.I.jpg  

Charter Member 2011
    Blog Entries

Hawker Hind Skinpack #2

Hinds in foreign countries and pre-war:
    This skinpack is made of 7 repaints for Ted Cooks’s Hart derivatives for CFS2 (see in the library)

IAC-Hawker Hind Mk.I
    Irish republic was supplied 6 Hinds for training by Great-Britain during WWII.
    Texture made from an AZ Models decal sheet.

PoAF-Hawker Hind Mk.I
    Portugal used 4 Hinds before WWII, two aircraft as bombers, two as trainer.
    Texture made from an AZ Models decal sheet.

RAF-Hawker Hind Mk.I
    Pre-war repaint of a British Hind of N°103 squadron. Texture made from an AZ Models decal sheet.

RCAF-Hawker Hind Mk.I
    RCAF used four Hinds as trainers.
    Pre-war Canadian Hind, made according to a picture of the Canadian Air Museum, Ottawa, found on the net.

RYAF-Hawker Hind Mk.I
    Royal Yuguslavian Air Force operated 2 aircrafts fitted with Rolls-Royce Kestrel XVI piston-engine
    Pre-war texture according to pictures found on the net.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails IAC-Hawker Hind Mk.I.jpg   PoAF-Hawker Hind Mk.I.jpg   RAF-Hawker Hind Mk.I.jpg   RCAF-Hawker Hind Mk.I.jpg   RYAF-Hawker Hind Mk.I.jpg  

Charter Member 2011
    Blog Entries

Hawker Hind Skinpack #2

SCH-Hawker Hind
    Two-seat unarmed communication aircraft
    Pre-war Swiss Hind. Switzerland purchased two Hinds before WWII.

SCH-Hawker Hind camo
    Camo version of a Swiss Hind. Texture made from an AZ Models decal sheet.

In the package, you will find adapted Aircraft and DP fileS.
    Should work for FS 2004, but do not copy the prop_440 bitmap.

Comments are welcome

F. de Bressy
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails SCH-Hawker Hind.jpg   SCH-Hawker Hind camo.jpg  

Top one, L7213, is not a Target Tug (it is lacking the distinctive black stripes on undersurface) , I'll be back shortly, after a rummage at Rafweb.

Ok, found it, allocated to #10 Flying Training School at RAF Ternhill

Ttfn

Pete

Charter Member 2011
    Blog Entries
    Hello Pete,

I was probably confused by this strange roll on the side of the AC

What can be this strange thing?

François
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails An unarmed, dual control, Hawker Hind Trainer L7213. - Copie.jpg  

The only thing similar I've seen,is on a Tiger Moth, a mounting for Light Series Bomb Racks for dropping practice / actual bombs from, there would be one /or two bombs in front, and behind that mounting pointing downwards, google 'Operation Banquet Light' ; which was the use of Flying Training school aircraft on Anti-Invasion duties , had the German Invasion of Britain gone ahead.

Its' in wrong place for a towed cable , too close to fuselage so cable would likely impede control

10 FTS moved to Canada in late 1940 btw.

Ttfn

Pete
    Last edited by Motormouse; December 28th, 2019 at 09:14.

SOH-CM-2023
    IMO, that certainly looks like it could be some sort of locking device for a deployed tow cable.

Something similar to the ratcheting locks employed on sailboats to lock the sail ropes but covered by an enclosure for weather protection.

I believe it's a weight devise that had to be installed when the aft cockpit was empty.
    Do not fear the enemy, for they can take only your life. Fear the media far more, for they will destroy your honour.

Thanks fde_bressy,

A very interesting selection for an often overlooked aircraft. Nicely done!

Charter Member 2011
    Blog Entries

Hawker Hind skinpack #2.zip

A new entry has been added to Add-Ons Library, category CFS 2 Skins - Other

Description: Hinds in foreign countries and pre-war: This skinpack is made of 7 repaints for Ted Cooks’s Hart derivatives for CFS2. (see in the library)

IAC-Hawker Hind Mk.I - Irish republic was supplied 6 Hinds for training by Great-Britain during WWII. Texture made from an AZ Models decal sheet.

PoAF-Hawker Hind Mk.I - Portugal used 4 Hinds before WWII, two aircraft as bombers, two as trainer. Texture made from an AZ Models decal sheet.

RAF-Hawker Hind Mk.I - Pre-war repaint of a British Hind of N°103 squadron. Texture made from an AZ Models decal sheet.

RCAF-Hawker Hind Mk.I - RCAF used four Hinds as trainers. Pre-war Canadian Hind, made according to a picture of the Canadian Air Museum, Ottawa, found on the net.

RYAF-Hawker Hind Mk.I - Royal Yuguslavian Air Force operated 2 aircraft fitted with Rolls-Royce Kestrel XVI piston-engine. Pre-war texture according to pictures found on the net.

SCH-Hawker Hind - Two-seat unarmed communication aircraft Pre-war Swiss Hind. Switzerland purchased two Hinds before WWII.

SCH-Hawker Hind camo - Camo version of a Swiss Hind. Texture made from an AZ Models decal sheet.

In the package, you will find adapted Aircraft and DP files. It should work for FS 2004, but do not copy the prop_440 bitmap.

Comments are welcome.

F. de Bressy

To check it out, rate it or add comments, visit Hawker Hind skinpack #2.zip
    The comments you make there will appear in the posts below.

Charter Member 2011
    Blog Entries

Hawker Hind Skinpack #1.zip

A new entry has been added to Add-Ons Library, category CFS 2 Skins - British

Description: Hinds at war: This skinpack is made of 5 repaints for Ted Cooks’s Hart derivatives for CFS2. (see in the library)

RAF-Hawker Hind Mk.I TT - An RAF unarmed, dual control, Hawker Hind Trainer L7213, probably used as target tug, painted according to a picture found on the web.

RAF-Hawker Hind T.Mk.I - A trainer version used by the 1st Fighter Trainer School, Netheravon, in 1940. Painting thanks AZ model decal sheet.

RNZAF-Hawker Hind Mk.I - A New-Zealander Hind of 6th.squadron RNZAF, in 1940, from pictures found on ADF Serials site and AZ model decal sheet.

New Zealand operated 61 Hinds supplied as part of the British Commonwealth ('Empire') Air Training plan.

Fifty-eight aircraft were delivered by sea in 1940-41, while a further fourteen were sunk in transit.

The preparation for a potential Japanese attack meant even second-line aircraft were prepared for use under the FAFAI scheme. The Hinds were assigned to 6 (Army Cooperation) which formed at Milson (Palmerston North) on February 20th under W/Cdr J.G. Fraser.

RNZAF-Hawker Hind T.Mk.I - NZ 1524, used by 10 Operational Training Unit RNZAF 10.

SAAF-Hawker Hind T.Mk.I - The South African Air Force received a total of 128 Hawker Hind aircraft that saw service in the Union of South Africa over the period 1940 to 1944. During this period the South African Air Force received a further 63 Hind aircraft, that were not allotted local serial numbers, most of the ‘RAF’ serial aircraft were ‘struck-of charge’ in the Union of South Africa, with three lost at sea, when the SS Auditor sank

In the package, you will find adapted Aircraft and DP files. It should work for FS 2004, but do not copy the prop_440 bitmap.

Comments are welcome.

F. de Bressy

To check it out, rate it or add comments, visit Hawker Hind Skinpack #1.zip
    The comments you make there will appear in the posts below.

Icon14 Reply...

Francois,

Thank you very much for all of your hard work on these repaints, they look fantastic!
    "Rami"

"Me? I'm just a Sea of Tranquility in an Ocean of Storms, babe."

My campaign site: http://www.box.net/shared/0k1e1rz29h
    My missions site: http://www.box.net/shared/ueh4kazk3v
    My scenery site: http://www.box.net/shared/knb1l0ztobhs2esb14rb

Bravo Francois, a nice selection of skins for these nifty biplanes!

Members who have read this thread: 0