A screenshot project I would like to do....

Thread: A screenshot project I would like to do....

A screenshot project I would like to do....

Taking screenshots are easy enough. I use Lorby-si's Where's My Aircraft (WAMA) quite often. It is inexpensive (less than $10), and it allows you to place several of your chosen aircraft at whatever location you want, and have them show up again (provided you have WAMA on). So then you can take screenshots of all the aircraft positioned.

But WAMA does not allow for, is saving aircraft selections while they are moving (such as in the air, or on the flight deck of a carrier, which is also moving).

What I would like to do, in this particular case, is place more than one Razbam A-7E Corsair II (in VA-15 colors) off the coast of Grenada. I am trying to "recreate" a screenshot series of the U.S invasion of Grenada in 1983. I think it is possible, thanks to Klaus, to insert the USS Independence carrier group into the scenery as well, but am still working on that.

Does anyone know how I can place multiple aircraft in the same screenshot (without using some type of Photoshop technique)? Thanks, NC

Quote Originally Posted by Navy Chief View Post
    Does anyone know how I can place multiple aircraft in the same screenshot (without using some type of Photoshop technique)? Thanks, NC
    I use Lorby's AItrackerX to create shots like these:
    jk3178

jk3179

jk3182

jk3185

something like that you mean? Flying is not much fun, lots of stutters, but it works well for screenshots 'on the fly'
    You can find most of my repaints for FSX/P3D in the library here on the outhouse.
    For MFS paints go to flightsim.to

Thanks for the tip, Jankees. Bought it, and will check it out! NC

I find with that program if you have your frame rate set to unlimited it jerks around a lot. If you lock it to 30 it's normally fine.

Quote Originally Posted by DaveWG View Post
    I find with that program if you have your frame rate set to unlimited it jerks around a lot. If you lock it to 30 it's normally fine.

I plan to use it almost solely for screenshots, so hopefully that won't be a problem? Pete

I bought the program, but am trying to figure it out. Steep learning curve for this old man! NC

I bought the program, but am trying to figure it out. Steep learning curve for this old man! NC
    Pete,

Guess I'm a day late and a dollar short...

If you have a Nvida video card this would of worked and its free. I've used it before.

https://www.nvidia.com/en-us/geforce...ce/shadowplay/

Quote Originally Posted by gray eagle View Post
    Pete,

Guess I'm a day late and a dollar short...

If you have a Nvida video card this would of worked and its free. I've used it before.

https://www.nvidia.com/en-us/geforce...ce/shadowplay/
    Interesting. Shows how much I don't pay attention. I have a Nvidia card, and Shadowplay, but have never used it, or know how to. So with Shadowplay, I can place multiple aircraft in the same screenshot? NC

Interesting. Shows how much I don't pay attention. I have a Nvidia card, and Shadowplay, but have never used it, or know how to. So with Shadowplay, I can place multiple aircraft in the same screenshot? NC
    Not sure as I have not tried that. I think Bruce 66 may be able to answer that as he used that for his video flights and posts here on occasion.

Butch

But with AI TrackerX or with Shadowplay, is it possible to have more than one type of ai aircraft in formation, simultaneously? NC

Lorbys will allow you to do that plus a bit more

Or there is http://www.flight1.com/products.asp?product=airtrfcfx

Thats my favourite, as you can create several formations and fly with them, the down side is that it only uses aircraft in simobjects/planes no other folder

A really interesting topic.
    To my opinion, getting aircraft flying simultaneously, you need an interaction between video capturing and flightsim, is this right?
    The programme have to be the ability to record a flight, then replay this flight and additionally add another aircraft to it and so on. So it seems to be hardly recommended an interface between capturing software and the flightsim.
    Regarding this, I think nVidia Shadowplay can't work like this, it seems to be a good screenshot or videocapturing tool though.
    Would be interesting to hear some statements about this...
    Best regards, Manfred.

Quote Originally Posted by jeansy View Post
    Thats my favourite, as you can create several formations and fly with them, the down side is that it only uses aircraft in simobjects/planes no other folder
    Not true, the aircraft can be located anywhere.

All three aircraft are in different folders.

Quote Originally Posted by DaveWG View Post
    Not true, the aircraft can be located anywhere.

All three aircraft are in different folders.
    Ok, i must be doing something wrong, as it wont acknowledge the my addons folder or helicopters

Jeansy, watch this video. I am still learning too! NC

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S1b1z5S-Mxg

Quote Originally Posted by jeansy View Post
    Ok, i must be doing something wrong, as it wont acknowledge the my addons folder or helicopters

I am having a problem with stuttering. Also, I get the following error popup.. NC

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Ai error.jpg  

Making some progress!

Tomorrow I will add more aircraft to my library so I can put in additional CAG 6 birds! NC

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 2020-1-5_19-7-13-896.jpg   2020-1-5_19-24-5-451.jpg   2020-1-5_19-25-22-906.jpg  

Making some progress!

Tomorrow I will add more aircraft to my library so I can put in additional CAG 6 birds! NC

Lock your frames between 25-30 to remove the stutters with the formation AI

Members who have read this thread: 0