C-47_USN_Port_Lyautey_PBR.zip

Thread: C-47_USN_Port_Lyautey_PBR.zip

Blog Entries

C-47_USN_Port_Lyautey_PBR.zip

A new entry has been added to Add-Ons Library, category P3D / P4D Add-Ons - General Military repaints

Description: This folder contains a P3Dv4.5 PBR repaint for the Douglas C-47 by Manfred Jahn and team in the scheme of Douglas C-47 USN_Port_Lyautey, tail number 50792 circa 1956.

MSN 15133-26578. The aircraft 15133 was built as a C-47B-15-DK and taken on strength by the USAAF as 43-49317. It was later transferred to the Navy as depicted here. On retirement from miltary service it became N2893F and finally 7O-ACB with Alyemda around 1977.

Naval Air Station Port Lyautey is a former United States Navy Naval Air Station in Morocco.

To check it out, rate it or add comments, visit C-47_USN_Port_Lyautey_PBR.zip
    The comments you make there will appear in the posts below.

Hi Gordon,

Did you have a P3D V3.4 version of this? If so, please PM me with a link. I have not upgraded to P3D Ver 4 (series) as with my luck, Ver 5 will be out or MS2020 when I get Ver 4.

That was the case when I was using FSX and about a few months later I got P3D Ver 3 and Ver 4 had just made its debut.

Thanks

Butch

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by gray eagle View Post
    Hi Gordon,

Did you have a P3D V3.4 version of this? If so, please PM me with a link. I have not upgraded to P3D Ver 4 (series) as with my luck, Ver 5 will be out or MS2020 when I get Ver 4.

That was the case when I was using FSX and about a few months later I got P3D Ver 3 and Ver 4 had just made its debut.

Thanks

Butch
    Hi Butch,

The new model is mapped slightly different than the FSX and P3Dv3 version, so I have only done these skins for the V4.5+ models.
    The rivet and panel patterns will not match up with the previous model and the UVW mapping includes two new fuselage sections, so the new paints will only work on the V4.5+model.

BTW...I still "rent" P3D on the monthly subscription until V5 is released. When that happens I may or may not actually commit to hanging my hat on that version. Don't know yet though.
    He who knows nothing is closer to the truth than he whose mind is filled with falsehoods and errors.
    Thomas Jefferson

Intel Core i9-9900K Coffee Lake | Cooler MasterAir Maker 8 CPU Thermal Cooler | ASUS ROG Strix Z390-E LGA 1151 | CORSAIR Vengeance RGB Pro 32GB 288-Pin DDR4/3200 | EVGA GeForce GTX 1080 Ti 11GB | SAMSUNG 860 EVO Series M.2 1TB SSD | Mushkin Chronos 240GB 2.5 SSD | WD Black 2TB 7200 RPM |WD Black 5TB 7200 RPM | CORSAIR HX Series HX1200 PSU | Windows 10 HP 64-bit

Quote Originally Posted by ******** View Post
    Hi Butch,

The new model is mapped slightly different than the FSX and P3Dv3 version, so I have only done these skins for the V4.5+ models.
    The rivet and panel patterns will not match up with the previous model and the UVW mapping includes two new fuselage sections, so the new paints will only work on the V4.5+model.

BTW...I still "rent" P3D on the monthly subscription until V5 is released. When that happens I may or may not actually commit to hanging my hat on that version. Don't know yet though.
    G.

Well, it sounds like you don't do any paints that are less then PBR grade, if that is the case, then I'd like to ask one of the other painters here if they would do it. If you don't mind that is.

Thanks

Butch

Members who have read this thread: 0