DCS repaint quandary

Thread: DCS repaint quandary

DCS repaint quandary

I have a rather silly question. There is a bit of a problem I've been having with DCS repaints recently, particularly with the F-86F Sabre. Some of the older repaints, when I get them installed, then fly in them, you can see what looks like USAF stencils (probably the default). I was doing a bit of snooping around in the ED forums, and it appears to have something to do with the Sabre going from specular maps to roughmet or something like that. I'm not a repainter, so that's all Greek to me. I am just looking for a way to actually use the repaint I want to use. Is there anyone who can help out?

Quote Originally Posted by Switchblade408 View Post
    I have a rather silly question. There is a bit of a problem I've been having with DCS repaints recently, particularly with the F-86F Sabre. Some of the older repaints, when I get them installed, then fly in them, you can see what looks like USAF stencils (probably the default). I was doing a bit of snooping around in the ED forums, and it appears to have something to do with the Sabre going from specular maps to roughmet or something like that. I'm not a repainter, so that's all Greek to me. I am just looking for a way to actually use the repaint I want to use. Is there anyone who can help out?
    that's because ED finally updated the Sabre model to use full RoughMets. What you are seeing is the lack of a .SPEC callout in the description.lua - because of which it will by default use the stock RoughMet for the default Sabre scheme. ALL user-made paints will be affected by this, unless they have specifically updated their paint to use a CUSTOM ROUGHMET I am slowly updating all my paints to do this. Search for "000rick000" in user files. There are not many that have been updated. The MiG-15 is in the same boat.

I have updated these ones:

MACH 3 DESIGN STUDIO
    Heatblur Rivet Counting Squad™

MACH 3 DESIGN STUDIO

If you were to get the permissions from the original uploader, would you be able to update the repaint in question to the current standard?

Are you asking if, I could? No, without their template it would be extremely time consuming. I barely have time to update my own. I have about 10 more paints to convert of my own. plus 3 Mig-15's.
    MACH 3 DESIGN STUDIO

So, I'm kind of SOL, then. Okay. Never hurts to ask. Worst anyone can do is say no, right?

Members who have read this thread: 0