Milviz KA350i release
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Milviz KA350i release

The new king of expensive flightsim add-ons!

LouP

Say what?? $79.99 USD

That is just crazy... I would rather buy a very nice bottle of wine or single malt for that.
    Priller

79.99 USD = 115.90 AUD..........................
    "Illegitimum non carborundum".

Phanteks Enthoo Evolv X D-RGB Tempered Glass ATX Galaxy Silver
    Intel Core i9 10980XE Extreme Edition X
    ASUS ROG Rampage VI Extreme Encore MB
    Corsair Vengeance LPX 128GB (8x16GB), PC4-30400 (3800MHz) DDR4
    Corsair iCUE H100i ELITE CAPELLIX White Liquid CPU Cooler, 240mm Radiator, 2x ML120 RGB PWM Fans
    Samsung 4TB SSD, 860 PRO Series, 2.5" SATA III x4
    Corsair 1600W Titanium Series AX1600i Power Supply, 80 PLUS Titanium,
    ASUS 43inch ROG Swift 4K UHD G-Sync VA Gaming Monitor, 3840x2160, HDR 1000, 1ms, 144Hz,

The price of any aircraft is definitely an issue for me as a retired person. Being a beta tester for this fabulous King Air I must say the detail definitely warrants the price. The model is the best I have ever seen. The cockpit detail is only for those who what a very real flying experience. Even with the extreme detail, FPS are very good. Those who purchase won't be disappointed. Those involved in the production are the best in the business. Check her out.
    Regards, Tom Stovall KRDD

Well it did take 6.5 years and $200,000 to develop....
    -JB

I'm sure it will be a fantastic addon, but I fear I'll pass at that price
    You can find most of my repaints for FSX/P3D in the library here on the outhouse.
    For MFS paints go to flightsim.to

Rather expensive, only for P3D v4.5, Windows 10 required. Those on a tight budget, those who have remained with FSX, and those who have not gone to Windows 10 are eliminated. I think those three things represent a fairly sizable portion of the civilian flight sim community.
    My computer: ABS Gladiator Gaming PC featuring an Intel 10700F CPU, EVGA CLC-240 AIO cooler (dead fans replaced with Noctua fans), Asus Tuf Gaming B460M Plus motherboard, 16GB DDR4-3000 RAM, 1 TB NVMe SSD, EVGA RTX3070 FTW3 video card, dead EVGA 750 watt power supply replaced with Antec 900 watt PSU.

This hobby is slowly but surely pricing itself out of any market.

A lot of people will go back to the airshow circuit and enjoy a good time there watching real airplanes.

Just MHO of course.

Priller

Looks really nice, but too pricey for us ordinary mortals ….

I'll have to pass on this one too. Just picked up a new Honeycomb yoke and the chief financial officer would be reluctant to let me spend another 80 bucks on a bit of software.
    Expect banging, belching and an occasional manly fart as you roar down the runway at full power. (I have found that the engine can make similar noises)

Same old problema, really have no need to extreme detail. Even more with this kind of price. No doubt is a just price for the work but, once again, have no need to this amount of system details. And not able to pay such an high price for an add-on.
    Regards

Looking at it another way, it costs 2 - 2.5 Carenados.

My personal take - go for quality, not quantity.

Your mileage (and needs, and preferences) may vary, of course...
    "Ah, Paula, they are firing at me..."

-- Saint-Exupery

You may look at it as the epitomy of turboprop simulation and modern avionics. You're either into it or not, similar to the other high quality (and much more expensive) airliner models out there. There is a LOT of content in this one, provided that you wish to indulge in it. The best part of it imho is that it runs great on my oldish system.

Dinner for 2 the other night $130.
    2 Tedeschi Trucks Band concert tickets $134.
    One-way SW ticket from Buffalo to Tampa $149 each.

Each of these became just a memory after a few hours.

I can get 100s of hours of enjoyment out of a $80 add-on. I'm not trying to tell you how to spend your money or the relative value of things, but as a hobby, this is still pretty cheap to me.
    Your English is better than my French, German, Italian, Spanish.... so no worries my friends!

I was one of the “pre-paid” folks from many years ago when MILVIZ made the “fly while we build” offer. I’m currently in OZ on vacation, and I won’t get to try the final version out until a few days after New Years. I’m looking forward to it.

That said, what I am REALLY looking forward to however, is (hopefully) the boost the finally done PL-21 will give to getting the MU-2, Avanti, and Lear 60XR out the door sooner, rather than later...the first two have been held up in part or in total for 5+ years, I suspect based on the KingAir (and likely the PL-21) development flow.

A lot could be said (and learned) about MILVIZ’s approach on taking YEARS to produce the KingAir, and holding up development on at least two other projects in the process, but IMHO, it would largely fall on deaf ears.

Bottom line - I remain fiercely dedicated to MILVIZ and their products (I think their prices are justified based on their move to near or total study level aircraft, and other than A2A, I know of no other companies doing warbirds to such high standards), Osh remains wonderful to interact with, but I hope they don’t take 5 or 6 years to develop a product ever again. It’s too long to maintain enthusiasm in the community for a project, I think.

Kent

I'm a bit surprised by the remarks regarding the price of that addon.
    Just look at what this addon brings, feature wise. What price did you expect ?
    A very tiny part of our community is actually looking for increased realism, and this comes at a cost.
    The simmers looking for a cheaper KingAir can go for the Carenado one. It looks good too, and it's perfect for CTRL+E and easy flights, isn't it ?

Want to see an eye-watering price for an add-on? Look here.

Dave

@ColoKent we did indeed learn. We had to change our methods on the T-38C and T-38A ADV Redux because military wanted speed and the lessons learned on that have carried over to our other projects.
    -JB

Lightbulb

Just an observation but I think this not for the usual FS enthusiast, reading the MILVIZ announcement the emphasis appears to be on real life training as a 'Study Level' project.
    "Illegitimum non carborundum".

Phanteks Enthoo Evolv X D-RGB Tempered Glass ATX Galaxy Silver
    Intel Core i9 10980XE Extreme Edition X
    ASUS ROG Rampage VI Extreme Encore MB
    Corsair Vengeance LPX 128GB (8x16GB), PC4-30400 (3800MHz) DDR4
    Corsair iCUE H100i ELITE CAPELLIX White Liquid CPU Cooler, 240mm Radiator, 2x ML120 RGB PWM Fans
    Samsung 4TB SSD, 860 PRO Series, 2.5" SATA III x4
    Corsair 1600W Titanium Series AX1600i Power Supply, 80 PLUS Titanium,
    ASUS 43inch ROG Swift 4K UHD G-Sync VA Gaming Monitor, 3840x2160, HDR 1000, 1ms, 144Hz,

Quote Originally Posted by Naruto-kun View Post
    @ColoKent we did indeed learn. We had to change our methods on the T-38C and T-38A ADV Redux because military wanted speed and the lessons learned on that have carried over to our other projects.
    Great news to hear— both that the military injected urgency, and MILVIZ responded.

Kent

Price is hardcore, indeed.
    But I always bought an interesting addon so far when it's on sale. That's just like christmas for us old kids - that's worth waiting. Those days, we never had enough money to buy the upper things on our wishlist and we had to wait for. So I relish waiting for this addon gems....even like beeing a kid again... Black Friday for example....
    Best regards, Manfred.

Quote Originally Posted by dhazelgrove View Post
    Want to see an eye-watering price for an add-on? Look here.

Dave
    An it sold 1000s of copies, PMDG have stated it one of their more successful addons. I have it and the 800 addon pack, worth every cent.

You have to remember that companies like milviz have been contracted to supply addons to commerical companies or goverments.

If people are going complain about the price, then the addon wont be for them in the first place

The more expensive addons are the adopations of the contracted models and will not suite 95% of the people at SOH, despite some of the interest shown

If you want quick and cheap, there are plenty of other developers that promote or are mentioned here at SOH to suite the niche market groups here.

As for the the kingair, its already being claimed to be more detailed than PMDG models in the p3dv4 facebook groups

I didnt take part in this alpha or beta but was lucky enough to watch the dev team on this one.

I just don't know man but you have this at one extreme and then projects like Milton creates on at the other. Give some of Milton's work anyday and it's not the money that drives me that way. Feels like a community working together for common good and not about any money. Just say'n.

LouP

Quote Originally Posted by LouP View Post
    I just don't know man but you have this at one extreme and then projects like Milton creates on at the other. Give some of Milton's work anyday and it's not the money that drives me that way. Feels like a community working together for common good and not about any money. Just say'n. LouP
    Yes, but the sim is just a canvas on which different people play different games. Its nice to know if I really want true life simulated (or as close as we can get currently) it is available. I too was an early payer for this model and looking at the price I got a bargain !...except I run win7 ..DOH !

Members who have read this thread: 0