Determining what facilities in GSL show in Mission Builder?

Thread: Determining what facilities in GSL show in Mission Builder?

Determining what facilities in GSL show in Mission Builder?

I am interest to find out what determines whether a facility in a gsl will show up in mission builder. For instance, radars don't seem to while "eto_lighthouse_blackout.xml" and "tk_searchlight_zone_site.XML", for instance do. I would like to see where things like "b-military_AAA-site_concrete.xml" are. ( BTW any difference betwen '.xml' and ".XNL' ?)

Cato said "Carthaginem esse delendam"
    I say "Carthago iam diu deleta,sed enim Bellum Alium adhuc aedificandum est"

So I take it no ideas on the above? Could it be an in built issue in the mb? Any MS document info on it?

The "Flags" value in the facility's xml file determine what is shown in the MB. Unfortunately there are limited options, but just look through the facilities you've got that show up in MB, and use the Flags value from one that shows up the way you want to.

SOH-CM-2020
    IIRC the most common flag is "isMilitary". Thanks for the info, gecko, I wondered why the MB only showed some of the facilities....

Bah!

So; back to this. I have been trying to make several new gsl facility entries visible in the missions builder and have used both Flags="isFactory" and Flags="isMilitary" without luck.

My GSL and respective entries are

GSL ....................... ................. facility

military radar_british 1 .................military_radar_british1.xml = Facility Type="Radar" Flags="isFactory" Or "isMilitary"
    TOW Knickebein site ................... TOW_Knickebein.xml = <Facility Type="Knickebein_site" Flags="isFactory" Or "isMilitary"
    TOW X-Gerat site ........................TOW_X-Gerat.xml = <Facility Type="X-Gerat_site" Flags="isFactory" Or "isMilitary"

Any obvious errors I have missed or made?
    Last edited by mongoose; March 3rd, 2020 at 19:08.

Quote Originally Posted by mongoose View Post
    So; back to this. I have been trying to make several new gsl facility entries visible in the missions builder and have used both Flags="isFactory" and Flags="isMilitary" without luck.

My GSL and respective entries are

GSL ....................... ................. facility

military radar_british 1 .................military_radar_british1.xml = Facility Type="Radar" Flags="isFactory" Or "isMilitary"
    TOW Knickebein site ................... TOW_Knickebein.xml = <Facility Type="Knickebein_site" Flags="isFactory" Or "isMilitary"
    TOW X-Gerat site ........................TOW_X-Gerat.xml = <Facility Type="X-Gerat_site" Flags="isFactory" Or "isMilitary"

Any obvious errors I have missed or made?
    James

military radar british1
    TOW Knickebein site
    TOW_Knickebein_site.xml
    TOW X-Gerat site
    TOW_X-Gerat_site.xml

Make these changes and I believe they will show up. Have to make sure that gsl and facility file names are exactly the same.

Game Rig(Nalu): AMD 4800+ 64x2, Asus A8N-SLI Premium, Silverstone 560W, 1Gx4 Corsair Twin2048, 2x Asus EN7900GTX SLI, 4xWD 74G 10Krpm Sata II RAID0, Audigy 4, Trackir4, ch pedals & yoke, db XPPro x64/Vista
    HTPC(BossHog): Intel P3.0GHz Prescott E, Asus P4P800-E Deluxe, Toughpower 700W, 1Gx2 Samsung DDR, AOpen 6600GT AGP, 2x80G IDESeagate Cavier RAID1, HighPoint Rocket Raid 2220, 6x 400G Sata Seagate Baracuda Raid5, 2x500g Seagate JBOD, XP Media Center 2005

Thanks for that. I had thought that might be the issue so have

military.....Radar_british...1 for military_radar_british1.xml .....<Facility Type="Radar" Flags="isFactory" OuterDistance="5001">

TOW........Kb_Wotan....1 for TOW_Kb_Wotan_1.xml..........<Facility Type="Kb_Wotan_1" Flags="isFactory" OuterDistance="5001">

TOW........X-G_Wotan.....1 for TOW_X-G_Wotan_1.xml...........<Facility Type="X-G_Wotan_1" Flags="isFactory" OuterDistance="5001">

Sill no joy though

military_radar_british1.xml is an already established facility so even more surprising.
    Cf military_radar_british2.xml which has <Facility Type="Radar" Flags="isMilitary" OuterDistance="5001"> so I wasn't expecting to see any of those.
    However, I do see military_radar_3.XML which has <Facility Type="radar" Flags="isFactory" OuterDistance="10000">

Quote Originally Posted by mongoose View Post
    Thanks for that. I had thought that might be the issue so have

military.....Radar_british...1 for military_radar_british1.xml .....<Facility Type="Radar" Flags="isFactory" OuterDistance="5001">

TOW........Kb_Wotan....1 for TOW_Kb_Wotan_1.xml..........<Facility Type="Kb_Wotan_1" Flags="isFactory" OuterDistance="5001">

TOW........X-G_Wotan.....1 for TOW_X-G_Wotan_1.xml...........<Facility Type="X-G_Wotan_1" Flags="isFactory" OuterDistance="5001">

Sill no joy though

military_radar_british1.xml is an already established facility so even more surprising.
    Cf military_radar_british2.xml which has <Facility Type="Radar" Flags="isMilitary" OuterDistance="5001"> so I wasn't expecting to see any of those.
    However, I do see military_radar_3.XML which has <Facility Type="radar" Flags="isFactory" OuterDistance="10000">
    Try this

military.....radar-british 1...……..
    military_radar-british_1.xml

TOW........Kb-Wotan....1...……...
    TOW_Kb-Wotan_1.xml

TOW........X-G-Wotan.....1 for TOW_X-G-Wotan_1.xml.
    Game Rig(Nalu): AMD 4800+ 64x2, Asus A8N-SLI Premium, Silverstone 560W, 1Gx4 Corsair Twin2048, 2x Asus EN7900GTX SLI, 4xWD 74G 10Krpm Sata II RAID0, Audigy 4, Trackir4, ch pedals & yoke, db XPPro x64/Vista
    HTPC(BossHog): Intel P3.0GHz Prescott E, Asus P4P800-E Deluxe, Toughpower 700W, 1Gx2 Samsung DDR, AOpen 6600GT AGP, 2x80G IDESeagate Cavier RAID1, HighPoint Rocket Raid 2220, 6x 400G Sata Seagate Baracuda Raid5, 2x500g Seagate JBOD, XP Media Center 2005

It sort of reminds me of a song X's and O's ( https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0uLI6BnVh6w ) but in this case _'s and -'s GSL is obviously very picky but I am yet top understand; besiced my errors, why "-" might be better than "_".

Thanks for that!

The entries have to be very precise. No spaces, Case sensitive, missing parameters will kill the entry.

Donot use the underscores in the gsl entries. Use the underscores in naming the facilities file. gsl format entries are file "type 1......type2......type 3" no more than 3 place holders, within them you can have hyphens to further define the name of your entry. Same with the facilities file no more than 3 major names ie "xxxx_xxxx_xxxx.xml" and thus "xxx_xxxx-xxx_xxx.xml".
    Last edited by rbp71854; March 5th, 2020 at 06:36.

Members who have read this thread: 0