Planes you would like to see totally redone. - Page 5
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: Planes you would like to see totally redone.

Quote Originally Posted by Bomber_12th View Post
    Thank you to everyone who took the time to post such kind words on the B-25 work. It was completely unexpected and I greatly appreciate it!

I should have the props spinning this weekend (just finishing up modeling/texturing the spinning prop hubs to go together with the spinning 3d/volumetric prop arcs), and while continuing to work on the exterior textures and the VC I hope to have the R-2600's finished soon and then proceed to modeling the exterior gunner's stations, starting with the top turret and tail turret internals (I'd personally like to have views from inside those locations when all is said and done, so I plan to do them in a good amount of detail). There is also, noticeably, some missing internal framing for the emergency nose hatch, roof hatch, and tail gunner's side glazing, that for the time being is not yet part of the exported model. (I have uploaded some more screenshots to my Flickr page.)

Meridien, I will say that I do have plans for it, especially for some firefighting versions and an executive version or two (also including the Red Bull Mitchell), but that is all well in the future still. For the time being the variants I've been focused on are stock WWII J-models (glass nose and 8-gun nose, with and without the gun packs, all 28 short stacks, armor plating throughout, armor-plated windscreen and non armor-plated windscreen, original low profile carb intakes, heater intake and vent scoops/fairings installed or removed, bombsight and/or nose swivel gun installed/removed, all military hardware and bone-stock/original interior), as well as modern restored warbird versions (glass nose and 8-gun nose, with/without gun packs, with various options for post-war modifications such as the collector ring exhausts with reduced short stacks, post-war high profile carb intakes, original/correct Bendix top turret or incorrect Martin top turret (as installed in a number of restorations), different levels of authenticity/amount of military hardware, and a few different types of modernized instrument panels/avionics (from bone stock with minimal removable Becker com/transponder to built-in GPS and radio stack)). Then there is also the H and post-WWII military versions.
    John, it would have surprised many of us if you planned any less, after all the work/versions of your fantastic P-51 Mustangs! (Took me a while, but I finally managed to get all the packages and textures bought/downloaded/installed!) Really looking forward to these B-25s! Finding parking space on a ramp for them is going to be hard!!!
    Don H

AMD Ryzen 5 7600X
    MSI MAG B650 Tomahawk WIFI/BT
    64GB Corsair Vengeance 6000MHz DDR5 C40 (4x16)
    Sapphire Pulse AMD Radeon RX7900XT 20GB DDR6
    Corsair 5000D Airflow Case
    Corsair RM850x 80+ GOLD P/S
    Liquid Freezer II 360 water cooling
    C:/ WD Black 4TB SN770 Gen 4 NVMe M.2 SSD
    D:/ Crucial P3 PLUS 4TB Gen 4 NVMe M.2 SSD
    Samsung 32" Curved Monitor
    Honeycomb and Saitek Flight Equipment

Blog Entries
    i'll throw my hat in the ring here and say
    the AT-12 Guardsman....

SoCal Y22......North Pole, Alaska