Planes you would like to see totally redone. - Page 4
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Planes you would like to see totally redone.

(Absolutely amazing recipe book created by Jedi Master Milton Shupe, including instruction detailing the infinite use of blood,sweat & tears as it relates to the electric ether. First of 47 FREE episodes.)

Gmax 1.2 for the Beginning Modeler #1 - Intro and Setup

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-dgCObbUr5s

Download Gmax: http://www.turbosquid.com/gmax

Quote Originally Posted by Josh Patterson View Post
    A big YES to a PB4Y-2! Maybe Flight Replicas will spring a Privateer into the Upcoming B-24 release. After all the DC-4 included the Carvair as a bonus!
    Yes, a PB4Y Privateer will be coming after the B-24, but is likely to be separate.

Quote Originally Posted by ******** View Post
    The Buffalo is one of the models that I was able to salvage from the catastrophic data loss. Currently the mesh and bitmaps are intact, the model will require significant work before it is flyable. The project is slated for recovery, but the process of re-constructing the lost data cache will take time and I have prioritized my projects.

Now that is good to hear. I thought you had lost everything. Have a brilliant 2020!

Priller

Quote Originally Posted by aeronca1 View Post
    I would love to see a completely redone.....
    Completely redone....I can't really think of one. But updated / expanded....it would be the Martin Mars! There is a real lack of heavy flying boats in all the flight simulators.

If I had to learn to create my own "aircraft" in FSX, I'd start with the Tic-Tac UFO!

Tommy
    Windows 7 Professional 64 bit, 16 Gigs Ram
    Cooler Master HAF 932 Tower
    ASUS P7P55D Deluxe
    Intel Core i7-860 Lynnfield Quad-Core 2.8 GHz LGA 1156
    ZOTAC GeForce GTX 1050 Ti 4GB 128-Bit GDDR5
    SCEPTRE 27"
    WD Black 1 TB
    ASUS Xonar DS 7.1
    CORSAIR K95 RGB Platnum XT, PBT double-shot keycaps, Cherry MX Blue
    Logitech M510

As for a B-25, I've been chipping away at this one for a while, though still obviously a ton of work remaining before it is completed (despite roughly 1,500 hrs invested in it already). Everything is modeled and textured according to the original North American Aviation blueprints (and/or photos/measurements taken from the real thing when certain parts weren't manufactured by NAA). The entirety of the main airframe (nose to tail/wingtip to wingtip) is accurate in all datum points to the same one thousandth of an inch measurements as that of the real aircraft/lofting data. Each panel line has been drawn and every rivet individually placed precisely accurate to the engineering drawings (as are all of the dzeus fasteners, screws, spot welds and rivnuts). This particular variant is eventually to become the restored "Miss Mitchell" (some of the markings/stencils added so-far). I also have the original WWII-era carb scoops and the gun nose modeled for other variants.

Everything you see here is a work-in-progress, with the wing/nacelle/cowling textures not quite as advanced yet as the fuselage/tail (and I have yet to touch the fabric control surfaces other than the base tones). Texture-wise, things have been changing on a daily basis, and not ready to show any interior work yet.

Last edited by Bomber_12th; January 1st, 2020 at 15:41.

Beautiful! I appreciate your hard and long hours chipping away at 'er. (Just think, if you'd flown those 1,500 hours, you'd qualify for an ATP and a job at a U.S. airline...)

Anything I can help with? I'm good at test flying and...well, that's about it, really. Maybe for now I can just offer words of encouragement!
    America never stopped being great.

Quote Originally Posted by mike_cyul View Post
    Yes, a PB4Y Privateer will be coming after the B-24, but is likely to be separate.
    Awesome news! I understand the separate release. There is not much B-24 left in a Privateer except the fuselage center section and wings minus engine nacelles! The Carvair and DC-4 had a lot more commonality.

WOW! Take my money... or kidney...or whatever Ill be purchasing that one haha

A Focke-Wulf FW 189 or a Blohm and Voss BV 141, 2 very unique German birds.
    T Square

The Load Toad

WEAPONS
    LOADER CREED
    We, the unwilling
    Led by the unknowing,
    Are doing the impossible,
    For the ungrateful.

Quote Originally Posted by Bomber_12th View Post
    As for a B-25, I've been chipping away at this one for a while, though still obviously a ton of work remaining before it is completed (despite roughly 1,500 hrs invested in it already). Everything is modeled and textured according to the original North American Aviation blueprints (and/or photos/measurements taken from the real thing when certain parts weren't manufactured by NAA). The entirety of the main airframe (nose to tail/wingtip to wingtip) is accurate in all datum points to the same one thousandth of an inch measurements as that of the real aircraft/lofting data. Each panel line has been drawn and every rivet individually placed precisely accurate to the engineering drawings (as are all of the dzeus fasteners, screws, spot welds and rivnuts). This particular variant is eventually to become the restored "Miss Mitchell" (some of the markings/stencils added so-far). I also have the original WWII-era carb scoops and the gun nose modeled for other variants.

Everything you see here is a work-in-progress, with the wing/nacelle/cowling textures not quite as advanced yet as the fuselage/tail (and I have yet to touch the fabric control surfaces other than the base tones). Texture-wise, things have been changing on a daily basis, and not ready to show any interior work yet.

Absolutely stunning!
    My computer: ABS Gladiator Gaming PC featuring an Intel 10700F CPU, EVGA CLC-240 AIO cooler (dead fans replaced with Noctua fans), Asus Tuf Gaming B460M Plus motherboard, 16GB DDR4-3000 RAM, 1 TB NVMe SSD, EVGA RTX3070 FTW3 video card, dead EVGA 750 watt power supply replaced with Antec 900 watt PSU.

Thanks for the updates John and GMan. I was wondering about the current status of those projects. Of course, they’re looking outstanding.

Now that B25 is just out-bloody-standing and is high on my quite short 'must have' hit list.

"Illegitimum non carborundum".

Phanteks Enthoo Evolv X D-RGB Tempered Glass ATX Galaxy Silver
    Intel Core i9 10980XE Extreme Edition X
    ASUS ROG Rampage VI Extreme Encore MB
    Corsair Vengeance LPX 128GB (8x16GB), PC4-30400 (3800MHz) DDR4
    Corsair iCUE H100i ELITE CAPELLIX White Liquid CPU Cooler, 240mm Radiator, 2x ML120 RGB PWM Fans
    Samsung 4TB SSD, 860 PRO Series, 2.5" SATA III x4
    Corsair 1600W Titanium Series AX1600i Power Supply, 80 PLUS Titanium,
    ASUS 43inch ROG Swift 4K UHD G-Sync VA Gaming Monitor, 3840x2160, HDR 1000, 1ms, 144Hz,

FS2002 - FS2002 AircraftFS2002 Blohm und Voss BV-141 B-05 V13 NC+RD
    [ Download | View ]
    Name: bv141bf2.zip
    Size: 2,987,835 Date: 12-21-2002 Downloads: 3,532

FS2002 Blohm und Voss BV-141 B-05 V13 NC+RD v1.20. An asymmetrical German aircraft from WWII. Features full moving parts and night lighting. Please try many things. For example, if a landing gear is stored, the rear gunner opens a pivoted window and establishes a gun. Avionics and GPS are also equipped. By Sakichi System (Ogawa Tetsuji 'm0m').

This one at Flightsim.com if it can could convert, would be a start.

T Square

The Load Toad

WEAPONS
    LOADER CREED
    We, the unwilling
    Led by the unknowing,
    Are doing the impossible,
    For the ungrateful.

Quote Originally Posted by T Square View Post
    A Focke-Wulf FW 189 or a Blohm and Voss BV 141, 2 very unique German birds.
    Agreed on the Focke-Wulf FW 189!! A beautiful plane indeed. If I'm not mistaking, Thicko did one for CFS2 and eventually FS9. I flew it a lot in FS9!!

Priller

Looks awesome, John!

Mike

Like to see Yak -3 or - 9
    again , i think there was a nice one for FS-9 ~ ? , must have been this I was thinking off ~ https://www.captainsim.com/products/y003/index.html

Quote Originally Posted by mike_cyul View Post
    Mike, are you looking into FS2020 at all ? You are producing just about every aircraft I've longed for in flight simulation - the Halifax, and now the Privateer by way of your gorgeous Liberator. Microsoft have stated that an SDK will be available to developers, so is this a consideration in your plans ?

Quote Originally Posted by Paul K View Post
    Mike, are you looking into FS2020 at all ? You are producing just about every aircraft I've longed for in flight simulation - the Halifax, and now the Privateer by way of your gorgeous Liberator. Microsoft have stated that an SDK will be available to developers, so is this a consideration in your plans ?
    Hi Paul. Until it's possible to actually see the FS2020 SDK there's no way to know what the future holds, but if it's possible to model for FS2020 then it's highly likely I'll give it a go. I've been told there will be a 'legacy' mode for FS2020 that will enable FSX aircraft to be used, so there is that.

Mike

John,

The Mitchell is absolutely "STUNNING," I'd say Love at first sight! But then again... I LOVE just NAA Aircraft.

Details, details, details. Now that is superior modeling and design work right there. Awesome is every respect. Thanks for your TOTAL commitment to perfection John.
    Milton Shupe
    FS9/FSX Modeler Hack

My Uploads at SOH - Here
    Video Tutorials - Gmax for Beginners

Yes, magnificent work by John on the B-25 indeed. I just hope note is taken of the time spent on it so far and that there's no interior images yet, nor any sign of animations.
    Tom
    __________________________________________________ ___________________________________________
    Wisdom is the principal thing; therefore get wisdom: and with all thy getting get understanding. Proverbs 4:7

Of course, beautiful! John, do you have in plans unarmed version for civil use?

Thank you to everyone who took the time to post such kind words on the B-25 work. It was completely unexpected and I greatly appreciate it!

I should have the props spinning this weekend (just finishing up modeling/texturing the spinning prop hubs to go together with the spinning 3d/volumetric prop arcs), and while continuing to work on the exterior textures and the VC I hope to have the R-2600's finished soon and then proceed to modeling the exterior gunner's stations, starting with the top turret and tail turret internals (I'd personally like to have views from inside those locations when all is said and done, so I plan to do them in a good amount of detail). There is also, noticeably, some missing internal framing for the emergency nose hatch, roof hatch, and tail gunner's side glazing, that for the time being is not yet part of the exported model. (I have uploaded some more screenshots to my Flickr page.)

Meridien, I will say that I do have plans for it, especially for some firefighting versions and an executive version or two (also including the Red Bull Mitchell), but that is all well in the future still. For the time being the variants I've been focused on are stock WWII J-models (glass nose and 8-gun nose, with and without the gun packs, all 28 short stacks, armor plating throughout, armor-plated windscreen and non armor-plated windscreen, original low profile carb intakes, heater intake and vent scoops/fairings installed or removed, bombsight and/or nose swivel gun installed/removed, all military hardware and bone-stock/original interior), as well as modern restored warbird versions (glass nose and 8-gun nose, with/without gun packs, with various options for post-war modifications such as the collector ring exhausts with reduced short stacks, post-war high profile carb intakes, original/correct Bendix top turret or incorrect Martin top turret (as installed in a number of restorations), different levels of authenticity/amount of military hardware, and a few different types of modernized instrument panels/avionics (from bone stock with minimal removable Becker com/transponder to built-in GPS and radio stack)). Then there is also the H and post-WWII military versions.

Thank you to everyone who took the time to post such kind words on the B-25 work. It was completely unexpected and I greatly appreciate it!

I should have the props spinning this weekend (just finishing up modeling/texturing the spinning prop hubs to go together with the spinning 3d/volumetric prop arcs), and while continuing to work on the exterior textures and the VC I hope to have the R-2600's finished soon and then proceed to modeling the exterior gunner's stations, starting with the top turret and tail turret internals (I'd personally like to have views from inside those locations when all is said and done, so I plan to do them in a good amount of detail). There is also, noticeably, some missing internal framing for the emergency nose hatch, roof hatch, and tail gunner's side glazing, that for the time being is not yet part of the exported model. (I have uploaded some more screenshots to my Flickr page.)

Meridien, I will say that I do have plans for it, especially for some firefighting versions and an executive version or two (also including the Red Bull Mitchell), but that is all well in the future still. For the time being the variants I've been focused on are stock WWII J-models (glass nose and 8-gun nose, with and without the gun packs, all 28 short stacks, armor plating throughout, armor-plated windscreen and non armor-plated windscreen, original low profile carb intakes, heater intake and vent scoops/fairings installed or removed, bombsight and/or nose swivel gun installed/removed, all military hardware and bone-stock/original interior), as well as modern restored warbird versions (glass nose and 8-gun nose, with/without gun packs, with various options for post-war modifications such as the collector ring exhausts with reduced short stacks, post-war high profile carb intakes, original/correct Bendix top turret or incorrect Martin top turret (as installed in a number of restorations), different levels of authenticity/amount of military hardware, and a few different types of modernized instrument panels/avionics (from bone stock with minimal removable Becker com/transponder to built-in GPS and radio stack)). Then there is also the H and post-WWII military versions.
    That is an ambitious plan, John, and I hope that you are able to complete this plan. What you have done so far is fantastic and I really like the idea of versions to satisfy the historical purists and versions to satisfy the modern day fliers.
    My computer: ABS Gladiator Gaming PC featuring an Intel 10700F CPU, EVGA CLC-240 AIO cooler (dead fans replaced with Noctua fans), Asus Tuf Gaming B460M Plus motherboard, 16GB DDR4-3000 RAM, 1 TB NVMe SSD, EVGA RTX3070 FTW3 video card, dead EVGA 750 watt power supply replaced with Antec 900 watt PSU.

Members who have read this thread: 0