Planes you would like to see totally redone. - Page 3
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Planes you would like to see totally redone.

Merry Christmas And Thank You

Hey Milton,

Thank you for all the tremendous work you have done over the years for all of us. I know you share all your files if some talented designer wanted to tackle the DASH7 to make it FSX/P3D quality updated as a native model. Would be a great addition to flight sim in the New Year.

A dhc-4 Caribou.

Not even a dream really since all the developers do now is point and at the peasants still using FSX, Shout " let them eat cake" then kick sand on us, with an iron boot. *

* slightly embellished to meet internet standards

SOH-CM-2023
    If Phil ever re releases the Virtavia Bou as freeware. I then could release the version I put through MDX for my personal use....
    You can't take the sky from me...

Quote Originally Posted by ian elliot View Post
    I'll chip in with the Sea Vixen, im still kicking myself for not buying the Skysim model when it was available
    Ditto on Sea vixen..

Dash 7

First, a Merry Christmas to all!!

Then....concerning comments about the Dash 7, I'm just reminding here that Master Creator Milton Shupe has generously uploaded the gmax source files for just about all of his aircraft, both FS9 and FSX. These include files for the Dash 7, again for both sims.

As well, Milton's also posted tutorials in video and pdf on how to get going with gmax.

I can't think of a better opportunity to get a start on filling the hanger with all of one's unsung favourites. Certainly this stuff is not easy in the slightest way......but one could draw out the existing (superb) Dash 7 mesh and super-detail the thing.

With Flightsim 2020 looking like it's going to be a significant upgrade for the Microsoft platform, this is a great (head start) time for the birth of a whole new generation of sim crafts-people.

http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforum...Shupe-Projects

https://www.fsdeveloper.com/forum/re...on_shupe.5201/

Members +
    I was confused when I read of you calling the forthcoming sim Flightsim 2020.

Then I realised that maybe you were not aware that that the official name is Microsoft Flight Simulator or MSFS, with no 2020 or 20 on the end.

There is much confusion, with thumbsucked remaining of MSFS, we don't need yet another fake name. Please!
    Robin
    Cape Town, South Africa

Quote Originally Posted by joe bob View Post
    ...all the developers do now is point and at the peasants still using FSX, Shout " let them eat cake" then kick sand on us, with an iron boot.
    Thanks for that, I laughed like a drain!! Hopefully the devs see the funny side too.

Quote Originally Posted by zswobbie1 View Post

Then I realised that maybe you were not aware that that the official name is Microsoft Flight Simulator or MSFS, with no 2020 or 20 on the end.

There is much confusion, with thumbsucked remaining of MSFS, we don't need yet another fake name. Please!
    Thought the idea was to avoid confusion with FSX, FS9 etc? We’ll adopt the correct name when the thing gets released and treat as vapourware meantime. Will that do?
    Tom
    __________________________________________________ ___________________________________________
    Wisdom is the principal thing; therefore get wisdom: and with all thy getting get understanding. Proverbs 4:7

Members +
    Interesting that you are confusing MSFS, or Microsoft Flight Simulator, or MSFS, with FSX, FS9, FS2004 or any other sim out there, as each has their own forum & content. 'shrug'..

You are, also no doubt aware, that FS2020 is also the official contracted name for the new Farm Simulator, and FS20 the name for the Aerofly sim?
    So, no, we don't need more confusion by introducing more fake names.
    Robin
    Cape Town, South Africa

Hey, wobbie, you just can't leave it alone éh ?....

Well, if that's your way of bridging the time until our new eagle has landed i wish you much pleasure. Me i'm going all overboard with the new Transport Fever 2 installment. Ravishing beautiful.

A Boeing P-12 / F4B would be nice.

There is much confusion, with thumbsucked remaining of MSFS
    What does this actually mean?
    Rats - why won't anything work properly first time?

This one, native:

Or this one, native as well:

Priller
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Dewoitine%u00252BD520.jpg   FK58GR_01.jpg  

Well....thank you for the injection of diversionary humour into my morning....but truly..... we are not so easily confused?

(....Are we?)

The forum index shows the title of "Flight Simulator 2020" just above the "FSX General Discussion" title. I didn't think that I had thrown out such an extended hairpin curve?

None the less, I believe the law of averages will probably describe the next flight-sim product from Microsoft as "FS2020".....in time, as referred to by users in conventional terms.

It's a Darwinian Filter thing, isn't it.

Concerning the original topic; Aircraft sim model that so many of us would like to see created/re-created......is it an appetite based condition that can be solved by the individual who suffers the desire, themselves?

There are more tools and tutorials available than ever before. If GMAX seems old fashioned and too difficult to some, there's Blender, an amazing and powerful freeware program. A lot of info about it can be gleaned from postings by creators who frequent this website and at FSDeveloper.

There's all manner of opportunity to build, and lot's of support available from advanced creators who are more than happy to pass on their experience.

There are flight-sim flyers who have been pining away for a given aircraft model for over two decades and have yet to find it dropped into their open beaks. In that time, they could have become master carvers in flight-sim ether, and be up to their necks in "what-ever-they-desire" hands-on subject matter.

Yes, the process is involved, but it certainly ain't black art stuff.

And truly, it's not my desire raise hackles here. This is not politics or religion or anything sensitive or tempestuous. It's a hobby thing.

Truly not meant to patronize or insult anybody, I'm simply pointing out doors that open alternative opportunities, and perhaps....greater independence and reward.

There are a lot of good reasons why any individual would not/ could not pick up the gauntlet, and there are equal reasons why one would/could.

Does this all challenge a comfort zone? Absolutely.

But that's the spice of life, ain't it?

Food for thought?

Quote Originally Posted by magoo View Post
    There are a lot of good reasons why any individual would not/ could not pick up the gauntlet, and there are equal reasons why one would/could.
    I have lost count of the number of times I have tried to learn various modeling software. I have unfortunately concluded that I failed to receive any talent whatsoever in that field.
    Matt

Quote Originally Posted by aeronca1 View Post
    I have lost count of the number of times I have tried to learn various modeling software. I have unfortunately concluded that I failed to receive any talent whatsoever in that field.
    More experienced hands than mine answer that talent is 1% inspiration and 99% perspiration. I too have tried this and agree with them.
    Tom
    __________________________________________________ ___________________________________________
    Wisdom is the principal thing; therefore get wisdom: and with all thy getting get understanding. Proverbs 4:7

Wasn't going to post anything in this thread because of the beginning of thread complaining about vaporware and long build time complaining (wonder how the developers who work in their spare time feel about those statements) but in the end my own greedy needy side of myself decided otherwise. Piper Cheyenne 400LS needs to be done especially with 5 Bladed MT Props.

Quote Originally Posted by Brian_Gladden View Post
    Not to Hijack things but I've solved the prop issue on the Norseman (Thanks to Arno over at Flight Sim Developers) So, since I am off work tomorrow, and after a bit of flight testing, I'll have a Norseman (Wheels) up and running as a straight FSX conversion from my original FS2002/04 model. I did figure out how to make the glass like the default aircraft, extra glossy glass.

As a bonus, I'll probably have my Super Pacer updated as well. The Beech Volpar needs a few more tweaks and I'm sorting a flap issue on the Gipisland Airvan for another FSX conversion.

The Pacer works a treat in P3DV4.5 perfect thanks would love to see the GA airvan done

John
    MB Gigabyte Z690 Aorus Master CPU i7 12700K @4.6 GHz GPU Gigabyte RTX 3080ti Cooler Noctua NH-U15 with 2 fans RAM 32MB Corsair DDR5 Vengeance 5200MHz Power Supply Corsair HX1000 Watt Case Thermaltake level 20 xt Windows 11 64 bit Thrustmaster HOTAS warthog stick and throttle Thrustmaster TPR pendular rudder pedals

Quote Originally Posted by Priller View Post
    This one, native:

Or this one, native as well:

Priller
    I'm with you on the Dewoitine D.520. Althought I still fly it, this D.520 is showing its age...............But a state of the art Messerschmitt Bf109 E would be most welcome as well!

The ancient model by Jean-Marie Mermaz.

Cheers,
    Huub

Cessna Bird Dog ( aving seen how sibwings loves its customers )
    The more you do, the less you dream

Or, even better: a decent Brewster Buffalo!!

Priller

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Priller View Post
    Or, even better: a decent Brewster Buffalo!!

Priller
    The Buffalo is one of the models that I was able to salvage from the catastrophic data loss. Currently the mesh and bitmaps are intact, the model will require significant work before it is flyable. The project is slated for recovery, but the process of re-constructing the lost data cache will take time and I have prioritized my projects.

He who knows nothing is closer to the truth than he whose mind is filled with falsehoods and errors.
    Thomas Jefferson

Intel Core i9-9900K Coffee Lake | Cooler MasterAir Maker 8 CPU Thermal Cooler | ASUS ROG Strix Z390-E LGA 1151 | CORSAIR Vengeance RGB Pro 32GB 288-Pin DDR4/3200 | EVGA GeForce GTX 1080 Ti 11GB | SAMSUNG 860 EVO Series M.2 1TB SSD | Mushkin Chronos 240GB 2.5 SSD | WD Black 2TB 7200 RPM |WD Black 5TB 7200 RPM | CORSAIR HX Series HX1200 PSU | Windows 10 HP 64-bit

Great ideas from everyone! I'll definitely second the B-25 and the F-82, and raise the PB4Y-2 Privateer and P4M Mercator. But the greatest wish from me is the Martin 404. It seems like the "DC-3 replacements" never received the FSX love like the Douglas and Lockheed four-engine jobs.
    America never stopped being great.

SOH-CM-2023
    Norseman has been uploaded

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails -2019-dec-24-007.jpg  
    You can't take the sky from me...

The issue with these types of threads is this.

Hard fact 1

A developer will say they are making ( choosing the b25 mitchell only as an example... ) b25 then immediately the next couple of entries in that announcement will be " isnt <insert developer here > making one ? " or a better one is " it'll need to go some to beat <insert model from 10 years ago which whilst good for then is in fact inaccurate in a number of places > ". The the thread slightly derails into screenshots of the other devs projects. The dev who has commenced making the b-25 notices this and realises that at no point will his effort ever eclipse the 10 year old version nostalgia or the version that is "coming" and then abandons the project for greener pastures. The fault ( if there is any ) lies 50-50 with the community and the dev. The community for denigrating an addon before it even is finished, and the dev for not having the cojones to continue.

There are some great ideas in this thread. But at no point would a commercial dev ever touch one of the ones that has the words " the <insert dev here > is excellent but it would be good to get an FSX native version ". It's unfortunate but true once the community has latched onto a specific developer who has made a specific aircraft there is no shaking that loyalty. That's a good thing and a bad thing.

Hard fact 2.

As FSX users you arent going to want to pay large amounts of money for it. I get emails from potential customers who say " if this is over 30 usd for FSX I am not buying it because FSX is becoming obsolete ". And I get that. I wouldnt want to pay full price for a x360 console game right now. however if you look at the time/effort/money into a development required for a top shelf addon for fsx you need to be remunerated.

Hard fact 3.

Most of the suggestions on here arent commerically viable ( the dash 7 withstanding ) Unfortunately SOH is a niche market within a niche market. Freeware devs fine but commercially accusim/fluidsim/supersys-sim versions of these planes wont sell even in FS2020. Look at the proliferation of GA and tubeliners.

What's the answer ?
    More freeware devs. Magoo hit the nail on the head perfectly. Go out there and start developing. Build it yourself. More developers in the FS world helps absolutely everyone commercial dev/freeware dev/end users alike. More competition. More talent pool. More knowledge. More variety. And dare I say it lower prices. The future's rosy if you decide to embrace it and develop the addons you want for yourself and your fellow hobbiest's and who knows you may decide to go payware and make a little ( and it is very little 1000 freeware downloads does not equal a 1000 sales! ) side money you can use to buy beer/motorcycles/fast-women ... not necessarily in that order.

Quote Originally Posted by Cees Donker View Post
    A Sea Vixen and a Super Etendart!

Cees
    Sea Vixen! I was so scared when my computer crashed after SkySim called it quits. I thought I had lost their Sea Vixen but it was saved. (Except the texture for the inner surface of the left flap is now red for some reason.)

Quote Originally Posted by nagpaw View Post
    Great ideas from everyone! I'll definitely second the B-25 and the F-82, and raise the PB4Y-2 Privateer and P4M Mercator. But the greatest wish from me is the Martin 404. It seems like the "DC-3 replacements" never received the FSX love like the Douglas and Lockheed four-engine jobs.
    A big YES to a PB4Y-2! Maybe Flight Replicas will spring a Privateer into the Upcoming B-24 release. After all the DC-4 included the Carvair as a bonus!

Members who have read this thread: 0