Iris T-6A Texan II

Thread: Iris T-6A Texan II

Iris T-6A Texan II

After searching for several weeks I found my Iris T-6 Texan II on a DVD. Installed and every thing works and looks great except the engine sound is almost nonexistence in 2d or 3d views inside the cockpit. At the same speaker volume outside views sound is almost three times as loud. I tried swapping the sound out with a Carenado 208 but with same results. Looked at the aircraft config. file but don't see any sound adjustments. Any help or advice would be most welcome.. Thanks...

Quote Originally Posted by jamminjames View Post
    After searching for several weeks I found my Iris T-6 Texan II on a DVD. Installed and every thing works and looks great except the engine sound is almost nonexistence in 2d or 3d views inside the cockpit. At the same speaker volume outside views sound is almost three times as loud. I tried swapping the sound out with a Carenado 208 but with same results. Looked at the aircraft config. file but don't see any sound adjustments. Any help or advice would be most welcome.. Thanks...
    Just guessing here, but perhaps the maker of the sound set wanted to simulate the inside sounds as they'd be heard by a pilot wearing a sound-deadening headset?

I'm with you - I'd rather have it the usual way.

Another guess, but I think it's probably the sound.cfg file, rather than the aircraft.cfg file, that needs tweakage. Oddly enough, when I peeked at a couple sound.cfg files just now, I found a volume setting for external environmental sounds but not for aircraft sounds. Curious.

I hope someone here understands this stuff and can provide a solution.

I also looked at the sound config. file but to be honest with you I don't really know what the heck I'm looking for.

I also have the same aircraft for FSX and I do notice that there is a big difference between engine sound in the cockpit and outside. It's nowhere near as drastic as your description. I did, also, notice the sound in the cockpit increased as I panned around.
    Charlie Awaiting the new Microsoft Flight Sim and will eventually buy a new computer. Running a Chromebook for now!

Sounds are set positionaly, in the vc section set your sounds to go into the vc, not out side the vc. Some designers set the sounds out side to muffle them to simulate what it would sound like in real life. Sound in the connfig are set up like you set up the lights or view points. x,y,z axis sort of idea, like setting contact points if you have ever done that. to set the origin of the sound. That's how I have always done it.
    Cr1-Software.Ltd
    www.cr1-software.com

Your source for fine Flight Simulation enhancements!

Quote Originally Posted by Thomas J Wood View Post
    Sounds are set positionaly, in the vc section set your sounds to go into the vc, not out side the vc. Some designers set the sounds out side to muffle them to simulate what it would sound like in real life. Sound in the connfig are set up like you set up the lights or view points. x,y,z axis sort of idea, like setting contact points if you have ever done that. to set the origin of the sound. That's how I have always done it.
    Please Sir explain further. Is it the sound,panel or sound config file. Man your help is most wanted!

Please Sir explain further. Is it the sound,panel or sound config file. Man your help is most wanted!

Sound folder, there should be a config file in there.
    Cr1-Software.Ltd
    www.cr1-software.com

Your source for fine Flight Simulation enhancements!

The sound.cfg file, inside the iris t6 sound folder.

The aircraft container SDK is what you need to look at to make sense of it.

Ttfn

Pete

Members who have read this thread: 2