CFS3 ETO v1.50

Thread: CFS3 ETO v1.50

CFS3 ETO v1.50

Hi all, hows are you? Now, been a while since I posted......like a long while!! So, here's the problem I'm having: I have installed CFS3 ETO from v1.0 to v1.4 Hotfix as per meticulous instruction, runs up fine and dandy, except (as usual) I can't get the Battle of Britain Era 2 to allow me to create a pilot for a campaign because there is no 1940 in the pulldown list? Obviously I'm just missing something simple I guess? But the real bugbear is after installing update ETO 1.50, to the letter, I set the spawns to No.1, select Era 1 from the on screen startup .bat file and the I see,"Windows can not find cfs3.exe, make sure you typed the name correctly, and then try again". I love this sim with the addons it's a true credit to the chaps who did it! Wish I could! I've probs missed something really obvious but what?? Thank you in advance. Regards Gordywill P.S. Am running Win 10 but had this prob some time back with 7 x64 also.

I wonder if it has something to do with your user account control? I have windows 10 and have to turn that off before any of the ETO bat files will work.

SOH-CM-2020
    Quote Originally Posted by Gordywill View Post
    Hi all, hows are you? Now, been a while since I posted......like a long while!! So, here's the problem I'm having: I have installed CFS3 ETO from v1.0 to v1.4 Hotfix as per meticulous instruction, runs up fine and dandy, except (as usual) I can't get the Battle of Britain Era 2 to allow me to create a pilot for a campaign because there is no 1940 in the pulldown list? Obviously I'm just missing something simple I guess? But the real bugbear is after installing update ETO 1.50, to the letter, I set the spawns to No.1, select Era 1 from the on screen startup .bat file and the I see,"Windows can not find cfs3.exe, make sure you typed the name correctly, and then try again". I love this sim with the addons it's a true credit to the chaps who did it! Wish I could! I've probs missed something really obvious but what?? Thank you in advance. Regards Gordywill P.S. Am running Win 10 but had this prob some time back with 7 x64 also.
    I've had this problems numerous times. cfs3.exe is called at the end of the .bat file, after the other things like global layer etc have been executed. Some of the other bat files called within the main file are within sub-directories. For each .bat in a subdirectory, the line in the main ETO startup .bat starts "CD..." which I assume means call directory. But down the end of the main bat file, cfs3.exe stands alone. So the bat file is looking for cfs3.exe in the root of your ETO install. Have you renamed the cfs3.exe? Or have you not found and edited all the paths to the root directory in the .bat file, so it can find the pathway to the root directory of your install?

My pathway is D:/ETO Expansion or whatever, so I edited all the pathways from the default C:/ pathway to the D drive.

HTH,

Quote Originally Posted by Daiwilletti View Post
    For each .bat in a subdirectory, the line in the main ETO startup .bat starts "CD..." which I assume means call directory.
    HTH,
    Actually it means "Change Directory".
    Game Rig(Nalu): AMD 4800+ 64x2, Asus A8N-SLI Premium, Silverstone 560W, 1Gx4 Corsair Twin2048, 2x Asus EN7900GTX SLI, 4xWD 74G 10Krpm Sata II RAID0, Audigy 4, Trackir4, ch pedals & yoke, db XPPro x64/Vista
    HTPC(BossHog): Intel P3.0GHz Prescott E, Asus P4P800-E Deluxe, Toughpower 700W, 1Gx2 Samsung DDR, AOpen 6600GT AGP, 2x80G IDESeagate Cavier RAID1, HighPoint Rocket Raid 2220, 6x 400G Sata Seagate Baracuda Raid5, 2x500g Seagate JBOD, XP Media Center 2005

Quote Originally Posted by gecko View Post
    Welcome back Bob!

Yes! I've noticed you hanging around off and on recently.

Cato said "Carthaginem esse delendam"
    I say "Carthago iam diu deleta,sed enim Bellum Alium adhuc aedificandum est"

SOH-CM-2020
    Quote Originally Posted by rbp71854 View Post
    Actually it means "Change Directory".
    Thanks sir! Pleased to finally learn what it means.

Members who have read this thread: 0