Chevrolet Suburban Ready for Download

Thread: Chevrolet Suburban Ready for Download

Chevrolet Suburban Ready for Download

The Chevrolet Suburban can be downloaded HERE!!!

Thanks for all your work Christian.
    Regards, Tom Stovall KRDD

Well, this looks really nice! But for the life of me I can't get the engine to stay running for more than a few seconds (even staying in parked) let alone drive anywhere.

Any suggestions?

Quote Originally Posted by aardvark62 View Post
    Well, this looks really nice! But for the life of me I can't get the engine to stay running for more than a few seconds (even staying in parked) let alone drive anywhere.

Any suggestions?
    Engine start but won't keep running? Lack of fuel, maybe a fuel valve needs to be turned on?
    Charlie Awaiting the new Microsoft Flight Sim and will eventually buy a new computer. Running a Chromebook for now!

Car starts and runs. No throttle response. Put it in gear and it will move slowly at near 10 MPH.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	car.jpg 
Views:	1 
Size:	53.7 KB 
ID:	72970
    Charlie Awaiting the new Microsoft Flight Sim and will eventually buy a new computer. Running a Chromebook for now!

The throttle only works when you are in the cab view. I was also trying to get the suburban to move from the spot view. Push the joystick forward from the cab view.
    Regards, Tom Stovall KRDD

Hi all reading this,

Unfortunately, a last-minute change in the package caused one file in the package to be corrupted, in an Email transfer between me and Christian.
    Which probably explains the problems mentioned in above posts.

Sorry ….
    Will be repaired soon.

Rob

Any suggestions?
    Read in another forum: it could be the altitude.
    At what altitude is that ??

I tried SVMD (Venezuela, 5000 ft) and I have the same problem.
    Tried it at LOWI (2000 ft), and there it works Ok.

Have to look for a solution ….

Rob

Hi Rob - that did cross my mind - my first attempt was at Denver (KDEN - LOTS of lovely flat airport surface but indeed rather high). But then I tried it at a couple of random coastal spots (in Libya, I think) close to sea level, and the result was the same. Don't know if the initial run had somehow 'locked' some altitude setting?

Gary.

The basic problem is that it is a Chevy. If it had been a Ford, it would run perfect.

Running for my Nomex suit, in preparation for the flame posts that are sure to follow.
    My computer: ABS Gladiator Gaming PC featuring an Intel 10700F CPU, EVGA CLC-240 AIO cooler (dead fans replaced with Noctua fans), Asus Tuf Gaming B460M Plus motherboard, 16GB DDR4-3000 RAM, 1 TB NVMe SSD, EVGA RTX3070 FTW3 video card, dead EVGA 750 watt power supply replaced with Antec 900 watt PSU.

V101 available now on SOH

Hi,

The new FSX release (V101) is available now in the SOH - FSX/Other library.

For simmers who downloaded the original version V100: Delete your folder …/Airplanes/Chevrolet Suburban - FSX/ and all it's content.

To (re-)install: from the new .zip file, copy the folder FSX_Bahrometrix_Chevrolet_Suburban_ZipFile_V101.zi p/Chevrolet Suburban FSX/ and all contents, to your .../Airplanes/ folder.
    And then READ the files in your
    .../Airplanes/
    Chevrolet Suburban FSX/Doc/ folder.

V101 should resolve problem with the transmission selector and spontaneous engine shutdown.

REQUIREMENT NOTES:

1. This FSX version of the addon requires FSX-SP2, FSX-Accel or FSX-Steam.
    It MAY work on FSX-RTM or FSX-SP1, but is not supported.

2. This addon requires the presence of the standard Microsoft library "Visual C++ 2015 Redistributable" on your PC.
    Without this software library installed, the flightmodel WILL NOT work.
    You can check this in Windows, under "Installed Programs". It should contain the entries:
    - Microsoft Visual C++ 2015 Redistributable (x86)
    and
    - Microsoft Visual C++ 2015 Redistributable (x64).

If not installed yet, you can download it here:

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/down....aspx?id=48145

Works for WindowsXP-SP3 upto Windows10.
    It's best to install both the .x86 and .x64 versions.
    NOTE: if the 2017 version of this library is allready installed on your PC, it will most probably work too since this should be downward-compatible.

Best regards, Rob

PS: Tom, can you please remove the link in your first post to avoid people downloading the old V100 version ?

PS:
    In case anyone wonders:
    You don't drive this addon with the usual flightsim Throttle lever/wheel on your stick/yoke/throttle-quadrant.
    Please DO read the Quickstart Reference manual …..

Rob

Quote Originally Posted by stansdds View Post
    The basic problem is that it is a Chevy. If it had been a Ford, it would run perfect.

Running for my Nomex suit, in preparation for the flame posts that are sure to follow.
    I understand you correctly, you are not using the Chevrolet Suburban at all? Well, that would be a big loss for you and would keep you away from great fun. But well, everyone as he wants, everyone as he can ;-)
    regards
    Christian

P3Dv4 - ASUS Z97 Pro i7 4770k@4.4 Ghz (OC) 8 GB Kingston HyperX XMP 1600 Mhz ASUS GTX 1070 STRIX 8GB

For a sophisticated flight simulation
    www.bahrometrix.de

Hi Christian and Rob, thanks for the update.

Just tried V1.01 (at KVNC) and the good news is that the engine no longer seems to stall once started.

The not-so-good news is that I can now not move the gear shift out of parked while the engine is running (either by clicking or keyboard). To do so I need to kill the engine, which then will not restart once out of the parked position.

This is with all combinations of the brake being on/off.

Gary.

Quote Originally Posted by Christian Bahr View Post
    I understand you correctly, you are not using the Chevrolet Suburban at all? Well, that would be a big loss for you and would keep you away from great fun. But well, everyone as he wants, everyone as he can ;-)
    Just trying to inject the old Chevy vs. Ford debate. Looks like no one decided to take the bait.
    My computer: ABS Gladiator Gaming PC featuring an Intel 10700F CPU, EVGA CLC-240 AIO cooler (dead fans replaced with Noctua fans), Asus Tuf Gaming B460M Plus motherboard, 16GB DDR4-3000 RAM, 1 TB NVMe SSD, EVGA RTX3070 FTW3 video card, dead EVGA 750 watt power supply replaced with Antec 900 watt PSU.

Suuuper that the car stays on now. We are a step ahead!

You can also use the F5 to F8 keys to select and change gears. Give it a try.
    regards
    Christian

P3Dv4 - ASUS Z97 Pro i7 4770k@4.4 Ghz (OC) 8 GB Kingston HyperX XMP 1600 Mhz ASUS GTX 1070 STRIX 8GB

www.bahrometrix.de

Okay - PROGRESS!

It seems nothing I do will move the shift out of parked while the engine is running...

BUT - I have discovered I can turn the engine off, move the stick to neutral, and then start it, after which everything seems to function as it should - as long as I don't put the stick back into parked.

So, I now have a driveable Suburban - which also runs fine even at KDEN.

Thanks!

Now I just need to adapt to driving a car with the steering wheel on the wrong side

Gary.

Okay - PROGRESS!

It seems nothing I do will move the shift out of parked while the engine is running...

BUT - I have discovered I can turn the engine off, move the stick to neutral, and then start it, after which everything seems to function as it should - as long as I don't put the stick back into parked.

So, I now have a driveable Suburban - which also runs fine even at KDEN.

Thanks!

Now I just need to adapt to driving a car with the steering wheel on the wrong side

Gary.
    If you can't get the transmission lever out-of Park position (when the engine is running): you MUST apply Brakes when you move the lever (either with flaps commands, a single keystroke like Shift-D, or mouseclcicks in the VC).
    As real as it gets ….LoL

If that doesn't work: What are you using as Brakes ???
    By default, it is the lower half of your stick/yoke (so: pull the stick back from Center; see Quickstart Reference).
    NOT the usual Brakes key/button command in FSX, since that is NOT a fully contiguous and proportinal brake axis (as modelled in this Chevy).

To check if your throttle and brakes "pedals" are working properly:
    - Open the speed/rpm 2D window (Shift-1)
    - Observe green bar (throttle pedal) and red bar (brakes pedal).

- Throttle (default): pushing the stick fully forward should make the green bar fully lit.
    - Brakes (default): pulling the stick fully back should make red bar fully lit.

So using the default (joystick only) , doesn't allow you to apply both throttle and brakes at the same time (like you can in a real car)
    The most realistic way to drive this Chevy addon is with a rudder pedal set, of which you use the toebrakes as throttle pedal (right toebrake) and and brake pedal (left toebrake).
    Again, see the QuickStart Reference doc how to configure that in the panel.cfg.

Clear now ???

Rob

Quote Originally Posted by stansdds View Post
    Just trying to inject the old Chevy vs. Ford debate. Looks like no one decided to take the bait.
    Ohhh. I'm surely willing to take the bait ...LoL
    But not in this thread ……
    Discussing what's the best car IRL, does tend to get a bit off-topic ….LoL again …

Cheers, Rob

"By default, it is the lower half of your stick/yoke"

ah...my misunderstanding. I was trying the VC click and spoiler commands to apply braking for the shift change (which do both cause the vehicle to set the brake), not pulling back on the joystick for shift change at start.

It works!! (just as it probably should).

Good stuff. All fine! Now to go driving.

Gary.

"By default, it is the lower half of your stick/yoke"

ah...my misunderstanding. I was trying the VC click and spoiler commands to apply braking for the shift change (which do both cause the vehicle to set the brake), not pulling back on the joystick for shift change at start.

It works!! (just as it probably should).

Good stuff. All fine now!

Gary.
    OK, glad it works for you now.

But you may also have missed this:
    The Spoiler (or FSX key/button for ParkingBrakes) toggles the Handbrake in the car; which is completely independant from the Brake "pedal" …..
    And operationally modelled as such in this addon too
    (in the 2D RPM gauge this can be seen as a big red H).

But, and here is where it might get confusing:
    What is named a "Handbrake" (and operated by a lever) for most cars, is named "ParkingBrake" in the real Chevy Suburban.
    Works exactly the same, but in the Chevy it's not a lever, but a seperate footpedal.
    Which is animated too in the VC (like the Throttle and Brake pedals are ….).

And did I mention modelled features like on/off switchable TractionControl, AntiBlockingSystem, and CruiseControl ?
    (a bit simplyfied implementation now, but they basically work …..)

This addon is not just a great visual model to drive around in the scenery, but also about driving/operating the car systems-wise.
    Almost as-real-as-it-gets in Flightsimulator .
    Sorry for the "advertising" ...LoL

Best regards, Rob

AI Suburban

I've taken a few pieces out and made a very nice AI Suburban and have it running around a few airports. (P3Dv3.5)
    Using recent AI vehicles from MAIW, I have also a black Suburban being followed (chased?) by a police car with flashing lights.

Quote Originally Posted by jmbiii View Post
    Using recent AI vehicles from MAIW, I have also a black Suburban being followed (chased?) by a police car with flashing lights.
    Very very nice!
    I really like such "crazy" ideas. They are what you can call variety and what enriches our hobby
    regards
    Christian

www.bahrometrix.de

Almost caught him !

Members who have read this thread: 0