MSFS December 19th, 2019 – Development Update
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: MSFS December 19th, 2019 – Development Update

Icon2 MSFS December 19th, 2019 – Development Update

"Time is God's way of keeping everything from happening at once"

Yikes!!!! Well, FSX and FS9 also had icing, but it was just aerodynamic effects and the airspeed indicator would cease accurate functioning. MSFS will also have eye candy icing, so those wing ice lights will actually have a purpose!
    My computer: ABS Gladiator Gaming PC featuring an Intel 10700F CPU, EVGA CLC-240 AIO cooler (dead fans replaced with Noctua fans), Asus Tuf Gaming B460M Plus motherboard, 16GB DDR4-3000 RAM, 1 TB NVMe SSD, EVGA RTX3070 FTW3 video card, dead EVGA 750 watt power supply replaced with Antec 900 watt PSU.

Thanks for the HU, Ted !

Just for the record, this same topic at Avsim, atm :

75 replies,
    6462 views.

Here at SOH, atm:

2 replies,
    130 views.

What is wrong with us ?

Are we all dutch ??.... ( dutch peeps are known for being sober, abstemious, matter of fact, first see then believe, maybe even uninspired or dull. Being dutch myself i wouldn't really know, would i. ( personally i am far from sober, abstemious or matter of fact'isch about our upcoming brand new MSFS, on ze contráry, i am bolted over with extacy about it! Can't wait!, Bring it on!, Are we there yet?! and all that ))
    Oh, and btw, these sure are some of the most amazing, beautiful and mouthwatering screenshots coming from a flight simulator i have ever seen !

Retired SOH Administrator Ferry_vO's Avatar
    Are we all dutch ??....
    I am, and I'm looking the proverbial cat out of the tree first Jan! Too many disappointments in the past with video games that promised a lot but upon release couldn't deliver.
    Intel i9-13900 Raptor Lake , Be Quiet! Dark rock slim cooler, 32 Gb Corsair DDR5 RAM, MSI Z790 Tomahawk motherboard, Asus RTX 4060Ti 16Gb, Thermaltake 1050 Watt PSU, Windows 11 64-bit 1 m2, 4 SSD, 2 HDD.

I dunno, it just seems to me that there are fewer and fewer people here at SOH.
    My computer: ABS Gladiator Gaming PC featuring an Intel 10700F CPU, EVGA CLC-240 AIO cooler (dead fans replaced with Noctua fans), Asus Tuf Gaming B460M Plus motherboard, 16GB DDR4-3000 RAM, 1 TB NVMe SSD, EVGA RTX3070 FTW3 video card, dead EVGA 750 watt power supply replaced with Antec 900 watt PSU.

I don't know if there are fewer people, but I always had the impression that "most" people at SOH were a bit relunctant to modern sims.

Coastie Dolphins/Spartans CG_1976's Avatar
    I’d love to see that effect on helicopters and CC138’s. Especially pictured from Canada’s attic. I don’t look at modern sims performance and effects from a GA sense, more like Bushy, SAR.

AMD FX 8-Core Black 4.2Ghz, 8G Ram 2TB HD, W8.1 pending W10, ATI R5 2G X2 Crossfire
    http://www.canadianarcticfse.com/

Coastie Dolphins/Spartans CG_1976's Avatar
    Also, I’d like know what the sim runs on, ie both windows and Apple os without dumbbell boot camp.

AMD FX 8-Core Black 4.2Ghz, 8G Ram 2TB HD, W8.1 pending W10, ATI R5 2G X2 Crossfire
    http://www.canadianarcticfse.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Daube View Post
    I don't know if there are fewer people, but I always had the impression that "most" people at SOH were a bit reluctant to modern sims.

I think the trend for a very long time has been toward GA and Airlines, allied to 'Combat' sims such as DCS, IL2 and ROF for those inclined to military ops.
    Without checking SOH does tend to have an older membership (mostly) who are relatively conservative.
    The activity in the forums devoted to FS2004, CFS2 and CFS3 is significant.
    I'm with Ferry, having been burnt several times I'm not rushing into this one!
    While my almost completed new system should handle FS2020, it's primary purpose is for photography, not for any sims.
    "Illegitimum non carborundum".

Phanteks Enthoo Evolv X D-RGB Tempered Glass ATX Galaxy Silver
    Intel Core i9 10980XE Extreme Edition X
    ASUS ROG Rampage VI Extreme Encore MB
    Corsair Vengeance LPX 128GB (8x16GB), PC4-30400 (3800MHz) DDR4
    Corsair iCUE H100i ELITE CAPELLIX White Liquid CPU Cooler, 240mm Radiator, 2x ML120 RGB PWM Fans
    Samsung 4TB SSD, 860 PRO Series, 2.5" SATA III x4
    Corsair 1600W Titanium Series AX1600i Power Supply, 80 PLUS Titanium,
    ASUS 43inch ROG Swift 4K UHD G-Sync VA Gaming Monitor, 3840x2160, HDR 1000, 1ms, 144Hz,

Blog Entries
    I am not Dutch. However, I am old and relatively conservative, and don't come here or any other GS site as often. Still, I for one, am looking forward to this new product from Microsoft. I am hoping it will be more stable and just work. (Hope springs internal in the flightsimmer's breast.) I am so sick of getting FSX/PD3 working right to see a random cosmic particle cause it to go south the very next day. I want a program that will, like Photoshop, MS Word, TurboCAD, Blender, etc. work when I start it up without having to fiddle with it for 30 mins.

Maybe FS 2020 will work that way? As i said,

Hope springs internal in the flightsimmer's breast.
    John

My first SIM was a Link Trainer. My last was a T-6 II

AMD Ryzen 7 7800 X3D@ 5.1 GHz
    32 GB DDR5 RAM
    3 M2 Drives. 1 TB Boot, 2 TB Sim drive, 2 TB Add-on Drive, 6TB Backup data hard drive
    RTX 3080 10GB VRAM, Meta Quest 3 VR Headset

Just based on the trend that I'm seeing with most new releases associated with Microsoft I'd be betting the Farm on it being only Win 10 compatible.
    Not something that will please many including YHS.

"Illegitimum non carborundum".

Phanteks Enthoo Evolv X D-RGB Tempered Glass ATX Galaxy Silver
    Intel Core i9 10980XE Extreme Edition X
    ASUS ROG Rampage VI Extreme Encore MB
    Corsair Vengeance LPX 128GB (8x16GB), PC4-30400 (3800MHz) DDR4
    Corsair iCUE H100i ELITE CAPELLIX White Liquid CPU Cooler, 240mm Radiator, 2x ML120 RGB PWM Fans
    Samsung 4TB SSD, 860 PRO Series, 2.5" SATA III x4
    Corsair 1600W Titanium Series AX1600i Power Supply, 80 PLUS Titanium,
    ASUS 43inch ROG Swift 4K UHD G-Sync VA Gaming Monitor, 3840x2160, HDR 1000, 1ms, 144Hz,

It is Win10 only...
    Bill Leaming
    3d Modeler Max/GMax
    C & XML Gauge Programmer

Military Visualizations
    http://milviz.com

Intel® Core™ i7-3770k 4.2GHz - Crucial 16GB DDR3 - Dual Radeon HD770 1GB DDR5 (Crossfire) - Eco II Watercooling - Win7 64bit
    Intel® Core™ i7-2600k 3.4GHz - Crucial 8GB DDR3 - NVIDIA EVGA GTX-770 SC 4GB - Win7 64bit

Fortunately or unfortunately, depending upon your views and experiences, Windows 10 is the future and we will see even fewer add on aircraft compatible with older versions of Windows.

For people who want to check if their system will run this thing: (not for Wombat, his rig will run three instances of this sim at the same time)

https://www.game-debate.com/games/in...ht%20Simulator

As Bill mentioned, its already been confirmed as requiring Windows 10, and also that it is DX11-based (not DX12). I'm already committed to this new sim (thanks to some Black Friday deals, I now have a computer to run it that matches what Microsoft are supposedly using (i9 9900k/RTX 2080)), so at this point Microsoft would really have to shoot themselves in the foot to lose my support (in other words, only if they were to start removing features/details they've already been previewing). All of the Alpha testers are bound to an NDA, but I just saw a recent video on Youtube in which one of the Alpha testers spoke of how excited he his for the sim with the in-game experiences he has had already. It sounds like all of the biggest name FS payware 3rd party developers are in the loop as well. I'm excited about the SDK already being previewed next month, and with the actual SDK release expected in March.

Based on the first Tech Alpha "Feedback Snapshot", it appears there is no AI traffic implemented yet, as it is among the developer's wish list. Somewhat confusingly, however, it is also mentioned in the Feedback Snapshot wish list that they still hope/plan to add ATC, though in one of the alpha tester screenshots there clearly appears to be an ATC message. Among all of the items in their wish list, AI traffic and ATC are the most important in my eyes, to have in the sim from the day it is released (all of the other wish list items can wait till later as far as I'm concerned).
    Last edited by Bomber_12th; December 22nd, 2019 at 16:11.

Quote Originally Posted by Priller View Post
    For people who want to check if their system will run this thing
    Welp, my system failed miserably (if this test is actually accurate).

Like so many others, will just wait and see what happens once it is released and figure out the plan then.

Quote Originally Posted by Bomber_12th View Post
    AI traffic and ATC are the most important in my eyes, to have in the sim from the day it is released (all of the other wish list items can wait till later as far as I'm concerned).
    Right there with you, John

Did read somewhere that default FSX ATC is already integrated in MSFS but that wouldn't cut the mustard not even by a long shot this time around, would it. It's a good start though, just needs a LOT of work (personally i could never get into any of these third party ATC offerings)

Quote Originally Posted by Ferry_vO View Post
    I am, and I'm looking the proverbial cat out of the tree first Jan!
    Hehe... Great "van Gaaltje" , Ferry! ( for any non flying dutchmen, he wants to see which way the wind blows first ;o)

Quote Originally Posted by Javis View Post
    Here at SOH, atm:

2 replies,
    130 views.

What is wrong with us ?
    Well, we've got the score up to 18 replies, 380 views. Not bad for a day in the week. (another 'van Gaaltje')

For people who want to check if their system will run this thing: (not for Wombat, his rig will run three instances of this sim at the same time)

Good one, thanks Priller!

Seems i don't need a new system ( i7-4960X@3.60GHz, GTX1070, 16G, W7, 2560x1600) but to celebrate the event of finally entering flightsimmers' heaven i probabely will buy one anyway. Getting a bit long in the tooth as it is. No better reason i can think of !

Quote Originally Posted by Javis View Post
    Good one, thanks Priller!

Seems i don't need a new system ( i7-4960X@3.60GHz, GTX1070, 16G, W7, 2560x1600) but to celebrate the event of finally entering flightsimmers' heaven i probabely will buy one anyway. Getting a bit long in the tooth as it is. No better reason i can think of !
    I take these things with a grain of salt. Remember the min systems requirements of FSX? Now that was a sick joke...

Priller

I tried to get mine tested, but nothing works. The "choose CPU" and "choose GPU" slots just stay on the question. can't get anything on the drop-downs.

Don H

AMD Ryzen 5 7600X
    MSI MAG B650 Tomahawk WIFI/BT
    64GB Corsair Vengeance 6000MHz DDR5 C40 (4x16)
    Sapphire Pulse AMD Radeon RX7900XT 20GB DDR6
    Corsair 5000D Airflow Case
    Corsair RM850x 80+ GOLD P/S
    Liquid Freezer II 360 water cooling
    C:/ WD Black 4TB SN770 Gen 4 NVMe M.2 SSD
    D:/ Crucial P3 PLUS 4TB Gen 4 NVMe M.2 SSD
    Samsung 32" Curved Monitor
    Honeycomb and Saitek Flight Equipment

Quote Originally Posted by modelr View Post
    I tried to get mine tested, but nothing works. The "choose CPU" and "choose GPU" slots just stay on the question. can't get anything on the drop-downs.

You just fill out the first four letters/figures of your respective CPU/GPU and the dropdown list will appear!

Priller

Here are the results for your rig:

More than adequate (and a lot better than mine) But the logic behind the analysis escapes me. I have a GTX1070 and mine is not listed as a bottleneck...

Priller
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Modelr.jpg  
    Last edited by Priller; December 24th, 2019 at 03:30. Reason: added a comment

Here are the results for your rig:

More than adequate (and a lot better than mine) But the logic behind the analysis escapes me. I have a GTX1070 and mine is not listed as a bottleneck...

Priller
    Thanks. Yes, seems strange. I'll have to go back and see if I can get it to come up.

Edit: I found I was looking in wrong place for entering info.

Bottlenecks info: showing what would be gained by different upgrades, all the way to the top. (Almost $2000USD just for CPU & GPU upgrades on MY rig, while using the same brand/model class of CPU/GPU!) However, the comparison readout, which was very comprehensive, said the cost/performance increase ratio is really not worth the expense, as my rig specs will run MSFS at better than 75% of max, and better than 160% of MSFS high end requirements. Since my eyes can't see what the paint and screenshot artists on SOH and the other Fltsim sites can, and my FPMs running P3Dv4.5 with ORBX, Megascenery V3, and most of the high quality aircraft, both freeware and payware, range from well over 125, down to maybe 15 in extremely dense cities, I think I'll stay where I am, for now.
    Last edited by modelr; December 24th, 2019 at 07:14.
    Don H

AMD Ryzen 5 7600X
    MSI MAG B650 Tomahawk WIFI/BT
    64GB Corsair Vengeance 6000MHz DDR5 C40 (4x16)
    Sapphire Pulse AMD Radeon RX7900XT 20GB DDR6
    Corsair 5000D Airflow Case
    Corsair RM850x 80+ GOLD P/S
    Liquid Freezer II 360 water cooling
    C:/ WD Black 4TB SN770 Gen 4 NVMe M.2 SSD
    D:/ Crucial P3 PLUS 4TB Gen 4 NVMe M.2 SSD
    Samsung 32" Curved Monitor
    Honeycomb and Saitek Flight Equipment

Members who have read this thread: 0