Firefighters killed

Thread: Firefighters killed

SOH Staff .."Bartender" AussieMan's Avatar

Firefighters killed

Sad news has emerged overnight of the death of 2 firefighter when their truck rolled while fighting the Green Wattle Creek fire. The accident happened not far from where 2 firefighters were badly burned when their crew was overrun by the same fire earlier in the day. They were intubated and placed in induced comas and flown to Concord hospital while a third crew member was taken to Liverpool hospital.

A tragic day indeed for our fire heroes. R.I.P.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 10351759_945205435490837_6285061642363727124_n.jpg  

Cheers
    Pat

"Some people might say that freedom is being alone in the bush with the only sounds being the murmurs from the birds ... but I believe freedom is at 5000 feet with no other sound than the engine roaring."- William Hutchison, a young man taken from us far too young (16).

Hand Salute and RIP.

And we should add that they were VOLUNTEER fire fighters!
    Meanwhile Gladys is spending A$800 Million o a bloody football stadium.......
    The comment made very recently that this would buy at least five up to date Fire Bombers is resonating around the country, let alone NSW.

"Illegitimum non carborundum".

Phanteks Enthoo Evolv X D-RGB Tempered Glass ATX Galaxy Silver
    Intel Core i9 10980XE Extreme Edition X
    ASUS ROG Rampage VI Extreme Encore MB
    Corsair Vengeance LPX 128GB (8x16GB), PC4-30400 (3800MHz) DDR4
    Corsair iCUE H100i ELITE CAPELLIX White Liquid CPU Cooler, 240mm Radiator, 2x ML120 RGB PWM Fans
    Samsung 4TB SSD, 860 PRO Series, 2.5" SATA III x4
    Corsair 1600W Titanium Series AX1600i Power Supply, 80 PLUS Titanium,
    ASUS 43inch ROG Swift 4K UHD G-Sync VA Gaming Monitor, 3840x2160, HDR 1000, 1ms, 144Hz,

Just think. If Australia built 11 submarines, instead of 12. That would save $4bn. Four Billion Dollars buys a lot of fire tankers.

I reckon you could probably buy some prevention as well as some cure, but apparently I’m a radical greenie for suggesting that we actually try to prevent the planet from catching fire, so we’ll just leave it there.

Very sad news. My thoughts go to those who stay behind.

Huub

my thoughts and prayers to the victims families.

link to wildfire.com

https://wildfiretoday.com/2019/12/20...es-identified/

here is an interesting story on the men and and their families.may they rest in peace

Members who have read this thread: 0