A most unusual and perplexing problem this morning....

Thread: A most unusual and perplexing problem this morning....

A most unusual and perplexing problem this morning....

Ok folks,

I have never seen this problem before. My entire SimObjects directory is missing. Not there. But! When I select a aircraft in P3D (which is populated as normal), the aircraft does appear! In addition, when I do a search for individual entries in File Explorer, the SimObjects directory is listed. However, when I check file location, and try to go to it....there is nothing.

My Simobjects directory has become a "ghost". Not able to locate it, but I have not deleted anything! This is bizarre. NC

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails File location.jpg  

Chief,

I have seen this before with other file directories. If I am correct, I would bet that something in Windows has been modified (maybe via an update) which has changed some of the folder view options and made your simobjects directory/folders not visible. I am guessing you're using W10 OS which in my opinion is a royal pain in the arse at times. It may be worth it to investigate the folder view options.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Quote Originally Posted by StormILM View Post
    Chief,

I have seen this before with other file directories. If I am correct, I would bet that something in Windows has been modified (maybe via an update) which has changed some of the folder view options and made your simobjects directory/folders not visible. I am guessing you're using W10 OS which in my opinion is a royal pain in the arse at times. It may be worth it to investigate the folder view options.
    Somehow (I have no idea how) the Simobjects directory became a "hidden" directory. I fixed that, and all seems fine. Whew!!!!! NC

Members who have read this thread: 0