Flying Stations closing shop
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Flying Stations closing shop

Flying Stations closing shop

As the title says. Effective per december the 24th.

Cees

Well, that's a bit sad. But I guess the writing was on the wall.

Any breakdown on P3D compatibility for their planes? A few I'd like to grab before they shut down, if I can fly them...

Quote Originally Posted by DennyA View Post
    Any breakdown on P3D compatibility for their planes? A few I'd like to grab before they shut down, if I can fly them...
    I have used there Swordfish in P3D quite often and without problems.
    Joe Cusick
    San Francisco Bay Area, California.

I am serious, and stop calling me Shirley.

Just went and got the rest of the Canberra series and repaints. Thanks for the heads up Cees!

Their Ark Royal works well for me in P3Dv4.
    Their Buccaneer likewise.

Dave

Quote Originally Posted by dhazelgrove View Post
    Their Ark Royal works well for me in P3Dv4.
    Their Buccaneer likewise.

Dave
    Did you maybe also find a way to get the buccaneer payload manager to work in P3D V4?

Randy

Quote Originally Posted by Randy92 View Post
    Did you maybe also find a way to get the buccaneer payload manager to work in P3D V4?

Randy
    The Buccaneer really shouldn't work in V4 as the dll gauges re 32-bit! That stops the loading gauge, some radar functions, weapons, and the blown flaps from working properly. I may one day get round to doing something about that.
    There's a 64-bit version of the Sea Fury for P3D V4, I think everything else should work.

Quote Originally Posted by SkippyBing View Post
    The Buccaneer really shouldn't work in V4 as the dll gauges re 32-bit! That stops the loading gauge, some radar functions, weapons, and the blown flaps from working properly. I may one day get round to doing something about that.
    There's a 64-bit version of the Sea Fury for P3D V4, I think everything else should work.
    I really hope you will find the time and motivation to make the Buccaneer fully functional in V4! From FSX to P3D V3 it was one of my favourites to fly, so having it working 100% in V4 would make me a very happy man

Of all the flightsim sites (SOH aside) Flying Stations is by far my favorite I am genuinely sad to hear that there not going to be around anymore however as the saying goes "All good things must come to an end." So may I just say Thank you Flying stations for all your contributions to FS over the years. No one has done more to bring RN carrier ops into Fs and the Bucc is still a firm favorite of mine I hope that someday we will see a "son of Flying STATIONS" going forward into the fs2020 years.

Many Thanks

Hooky

...There's a 64-bit version of the Sea Fury for P3D V4...
    Skip,
    please tell me how I can get this - I've tried accessing your forum in case there was a link there, but the entire forum seems to have disappeared,
    thanks in advance,
    Ro

Josh Patterson
    Just went and got the rest of the Canberra series and repaints. Thanks for the heads up Cees!
    Does anyone know if the Canberra works in FSX ?
    T Square

The Load Toad

WEAPONS
    LOADER CREED
    We, the unwilling
    Led by the unknowing,
    Are doing the impossible,
    For the ungrateful.

Quote Originally Posted by T Square View Post
    Does anyone know if the Canberra works in FSX ?
    Yes, quite well. You need to change the glass textures if I recall. The fix is on their forum.
    -- WH

If at first you don't succeed, try, try,try again. ... or go read the manual.

Yes, it works in FSX!

Just the T4 glass texture not good!!!
    http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=81650&dateline=141228  2824

Quote Originally Posted by Hooky722 View Post
    Of all the flightsim sites (SOH aside) Flying Stations is by far my favorite I am genuinely sad to hear that there not going to be around anymore however as the saying goes "All good things must come to an end." So may I just say Thank you Flying stations for all your contributions to FS over the years. No one has done more to bring RN carrier ops into Fs and the Bucc is still a firm favorite of mine I hope that someday we will see a "son of Flying STATIONS" going forward into the fs2020 years.

Many Thanks

Hooky
    Hooky,

That's the vague aspiration with Bravo Zulu, I'll try and get the freeware hosted there once I've finished for Christmas!

Skippy

Hooky,

That's the vague aspiration with Bravo Zulu, I'll try and get the freeware hosted there once I've finished for Christmas!

Skippy
    Nice work, or at least the freeware upload here

Thanks for all the comments guys, real life just got in the way for us to keep it all together, but Skippy will still be banging out great stuff with Bravo Zulu.

All the best, it was fun while I had the time!

Cheers,

Sketchy74 / Flying Stations...

Quote Originally Posted by sketchy View Post
    Thanks for all the comments guys, real life just got in the way for us to keep it all together, but Skippy will still be banging out great stuff with Bravo Zulu.

All the best, it was fun while I had the time!

Cheers,

Sketchy74 / Flying Stations...

Understandable, have you any objections for your freeware to be uploaded elsewhere to save it from fading into obscurity

Does anyone know of a paint kit for the Wyvern or Swordfish, please ?

SOH-CM-2019
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by WarHorse47 View Post
    Yes, quite well. You need to change the glass textures if I recall. The fix is on their forum.
    WarHorse, I've got those Canberras - all of them - and can't believe they all work fine in FSX, even the transparencies, but they do. I'd like to find that glass fix you're referring to, as insurance against a possible future flare-up, but access to the forum can't be obtained. I click on the "forum" tab on the website and get a blank grey screen with a "z13.invisionfree.com" address in the tab for the site. "ERR_CONNECTION_TIMED_OUT" at the bottom.

I'm hoping that fix isn't lost to us, now.

Quote Originally Posted by SSI01 View Post
    WarHorse, I've got those Canberras - all of them - and can't believe they all work fine in FSX, even the transparencies, but they do. I'd like to find that glass fix you're referring to, as insurance against a possible future flare-up, but access to the forum can't be obtained. I click on the "forum" tab on the website and get a blank grey screen with a "z13.invisionfree.com" address in the tab for the site. "ERR_CONNECTION_TIMED_OUT" at the bottom.

I'm hoping that fix isn't lost to us, now.
    I see what you mean. The forum is already gone, and its been such a long time since I installed the Cranberries to FSX that I don't remember the details.
    -- WH

If at first you don't succeed, try, try,try again. ... or go read the manual.

Here the missing glass texture:

Unfortunately, the T4 model does not have a good view

https://ufile.io/bjeld1e3

http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=81650&dateline=141228  2824

Members who have read this thread: 3