CFS2 Albatross G.III Grosskampfflugzeug released! - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: CFS2 Albatross G.III Grosskampfflugzeug released!

Thanks Stephan for this wooden wonder
    Martin Klein

Thank you!

Now, if you happen to get tired of these German big airplanes, we need a Salmson 2A2 (in both French and AEF colors) as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Roxane-21 View Post
    Thank you!

Now, if you happen to get tired of these German big airplanes, we need a Salmson 2A2 (in both French and AEF colors) as well.
    ...and there are some interesting repaint possibilities for the 2A2. Still, there is a queue!

Friedrichshafen

Hello All,
    Work on the Friedrichshafen has started, and is slowly progressing.
    No screenshots as yet, as the model is only CFS1, not converted to CFS2 yet until I make more headway, so it logically still has a lot of bleeds.

I discovered a few texturing glitches and took them out of the FS98 model, and
    am now building the four 3D ailerons, which were only 2D before.

Then will come the hollowing out of all the crew´s positions, which should be straight forward, as it only means taking away the "lids" and putting in the wells.

The G.III had 2 guns and a large, long conventional tail empenage, and the G.IIIa had a box-tail and a ventral gunner.

It is quite an interesting model, and it doesn´t look so ugly to me anymore - rather brutish and businesslike. In size it is very similar to the Gothas, and the shorter range was due to the payload, which was usually higher, and it was used for medium-range tactical bombing, although some long-distance bombing also took place.

As far as pending new scratch-built models are concerned, there´s the Hansa Brandenburg WD-29 already on the list, and now the Salmson 2A2 has been added too.

We won´t be idle!!
    Cheers,
    Aleatorylamp
    "Why make it simple if you can also make it complicated?"

Progress on the FF45

Hello Folks,

I hope you all have had a nice Christmas with your families, that the kids (and you, of
    course)
    are busy playing with your new toys.

I also wish you all a Happy New Year full of love,
    health, fortune and happy modelling/flying!

Here are some screenshots showing progress on the two Friedrichhafen´s, still in the old
    FS98 splinter lozenge costume. The boxtail on the G.IIIa looks quite spectacular, I´d say,
    and it gave the plane a better single-engined handling.

The model now has hollowed-out crew stations, and the .air file is now also correspondingly
    upgraded. Apparently, its handling characteristics (as well as techical specs) were very similar
    to the Gotha G.IV, but the aircraft was slightly faster and considerably easier to fly, lacking
    the CoG issues inherent to the Gotha´s.

Then, Ravenna is busy working on the Dp files, and Martin Klein is making new
    extended bitmap textures.

The G.IIIa boasted an extra ventral machine gun. Now, I presume that for weight reasons, this
    gun was operated by the rear gunner who doubled between the two guns, rather than
    there
    having been a fourth crew member.

Anyway, it´s looking quite promising, so we will soon have another German WW1 bomber model!

Cheers,

Aleatorylamp
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Friedrichshafen_GIII.jpg   Friedrichshafen_GIIIa.jpg  
    "Why make it simple if you can also make it complicated?"

Looking great. It will be interesting to see how they both behave as AIs.

Albatros G.III minor update.

Hello All,
    Ravenna has just corrected the gun flashes on the Dp files, and Kdriver pointed
    out that some of the files the Crew.zip attachment had some mistaken names.
    I´ve just put this right and updated the upload.
    Cheers,
    Aleatorylamp

Members who have read this thread: 0