Chevrolet Suburban for P3Dv4 - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Chevrolet Suburban for P3Dv4

Hi Christian,

Thanks for the information about turning on the Master Battery (Power) for the wipers...they now work properly.

As for Nils...what I was asking is if there was a way he could be controlled using my Yoke. I know how to activate him (either from an aircraft or as a stand-alone). However, I just now reloaded him and he behaves, using my Yoke, the same as the other avatars I have so I guess my first report was just an anomaly.

Any way...thanks again for all this.

Garry

Quote Originally Posted by triflyman View Post
    Hi Christian,

Thanks for the information about turning on the Master Battery (Power) for the wipers...they now work properly.

As for Nils...what I was asking is if there was a way he could be controlled using my Yoke. I know how to activate him (either from an aircraft or as a stand-alone). However, I just now reloaded him and he behaves, using my Yoke, the same as the other avatars I have so I guess my first report was just an anomaly.

Any way...thanks again for all this.

Garry
    Hi Garry!

I am glad that it still worked, have fun :-)
    regards
    Christian

P3Dv4 - ASUS Z97 Pro i7 4770k@4.4 Ghz (OC) 8 GB Kingston HyperX XMP 1600 Mhz ASUS GTX 1070 STRIX 8GB

For a sophisticated flight simulation
    www.bahrometrix.de

Hello Christian,

I am very much enjoying your Suburban. There is one thing I would inquire about. I can easily change the color to any I please. No problem. However, there is no way to add graphics (police, company logo, military, etc.) to the side/back of the vehicle.
    Would it be too forward to request a version 2 with a couple of texture sheets added that would allow a bit of "customizing" ?

Joe

Quote Originally Posted by jmbiii View Post
    Hello Christian,

I am very much enjoying your Suburban. There is one thing I would inquire about. I can easily change the color to any I please. No problem. However, there is no way to add graphics (police, company logo, military, etc.) to the side/back of the vehicle.
    Would it be too forward to request a version 2 with a couple of texture sheets added that would allow a bit of "customizing" ?

Joe
    Hi Joe!

First of all thank you for your feedback and for the kind words.

In fact, an update of the Chevrolet was always in conversation with Rob and Manfred. It was more about technical improvements and possibly optical improvements. How would you imagine that with textures for police, company logos, military? If you have a few photos of what it should look like, then you could think about it ;-)
    regards
    Christian

P3Dv4 - ASUS Z97 Pro i7 4770k@4.4 Ghz (OC) 8 GB Kingston HyperX XMP 1600 Mhz ASUS GTX 1070 STRIX 8GB

For a sophisticated flight simulation
    www.bahrometrix.de

Christian,

What he is referring to is that they way the model is texture mapped, it is not possible to have a multi-tone color scheme (such as black hood, quarter panels and fenders with a white roof and doors). Nor is there any way to add any graphics or lettering to the model. Here is an example

Quote Originally Posted by Christian Bahr View Post
    Hi Joe!

First of all thank you for your feedback and for the kind words.

In fact, an update of the Chevrolet was always in conversation with Rob and Manfred. It was more about technical improvements and possibly optical improvements. How would you imagine that with textures for police, company logos, military? If you have a few photos of what it should look like, then you could think about it ;-)
    Current System Specs :
    FSXA & P3Dv4 | Windows 10 Professional for Workstations (x64)
    Motherboard: Gigabit Z390 Aorus Ultra, LGA 1151, Intel based
    CPU: Intel Core i9-9900K @ 3.60GHz | RAM: G.Skill Ripjaws V 16GB DDR4 3600
    GPU: ZOTAC GeForce GTX 980 Ti AMP! Extreme (6GB GDDR5)
    HD: 1TB SanDisk SSD Plus | PSU: KDM 750W ATX Power Supply

@awstub Thanks. I couldn't really explain what I meant. Painting on most aircraft models is done with a layered texture sheet. As the body of the Suburban is a single color (as most vehicles are from the factory) I can see why there is no texture sheet to allow for "custom painting".

@Christian I know little to nothing about modeling or texture mapping. It may require a completely new model, which I would understand your not wanting to do over.

If there was a texture sheet something like this:

You could add a layer:

And the model would end up as:

Members who have read this thread: 0