A new entry has been added to Add-Ons Library, category FS 2004 Military skins - Cold War

Description: These are my first repaint uploads here on SOH. Although, I've uploaded a few hundred on the 3 main sites. Mainly, I do classic airliners, but recently I have done a few dozen military repaints, as well.

Anyway, I have wanted to make some repaints for the awesome C-133 Cargomaster, so, I decided to do them for Tim Conrad's fascinating model. Although the aircraft is for FS2004, which I never had, I used a very good FSX conversion by a guy called Andorito. The textures are 32bit DDS, although I have also included DXT3 BMP textures in the zip file, for the FS9 users.

USAF C-133A 54-0136 was assigned to the 1607th Air Transport Wing. It was with the Douglas Aircraft Company from June 1956 to August 1961, and was displayed at Edwards AFB US Armed Forces Day Open House in 1959 (see included photo). Then it went to Ellington AFB in October 1962. After that, it was assigned to NASA as 928 from October 1962 to August 19, 1969, and modified for Apollo command module test drops. A total of 46 drops were made. It was repaired at TEMCO, Dallas, TX from August to October 1966, before being transferred to the 60th Military Airlift Wing at Travis AFB, California. After a satisfactory service record, it was sent to the boneyard, MASDC Arizona as CU030 on Jul 21, 1971, and was declared excess on September 7, 1971.

To check it out, rate it or add comments, visit USAF C-133A Cargomaster 540136
The comments you make there will appear in the posts below.