view throwing a fit in VC while in VR

Thread: view throwing a fit in VC while in VR

view throwing a fit in VC while in VR

So I'm not sure what changed but ever since upgrading to v5, I am having some jerkiness in the VC while flying in virtual reality. It started appearing in the version shortly after LM said they had a solution to improving frame rates. My guess is that the sim started dumping and reloading memory but I am not sure. Once in a while I get a notification that says "waiting for P3D". Anyone know for sure what this might be and how to minimize if not cure it?

Thanks,
    LouP

Core I7 8700K running at 4.8 gig
    64 gig memory
    RTX 2080TI

HP Reverb HMD

Hi Lou,

Is this with FlyInside? That usually syas waiting for simulator when performance is too low.

Any particular scenery or aircraft? Have you tried a back country strip in a Cessna to check if it is performance related?
    "Try to stay in the middle of the air. Do not go near the edges of it. The edges of the air can be recognized by the appearance of ground, buildings, sea, trees and interstellar space. It is much more difficult to fly there".

I have an issue which may be related (but I don't use FlyInside):

https://prepar3d.com/forum/viewtopic...206191#p206191

i9-10900K, 64 Gb RAM, RTX 3090 FE, Win10 Pro 64-bit, Reverb G2

Hi. You could both try disabling ASW as that is known to cause stutters. When your flight is loaded or at any time after that, hold down the "Control" key and press "1" on the numpad. You may do this many times as it is not a toggle. Ctrl + numpad 1 is the hotkey command to disable ASW. I do this whenever I start a flight in VR in all sims including DCS World and the effect is pronounced. With ASW active there is often stuttering and disabling it helps a lot. I think the other hotkeys are "ctrl + 2 = ASW Auto" and "ctrl + 3 = ASW Force On"
    "Try to stay in the middle of the air. Do not go near the edges of it. The edges of the air can be recognized by the appearance of ground, buildings, sea, trees and interstellar space. It is much more difficult to fly there".

Quote Originally Posted by scotth6 View Post
    Hi. You could both try disabling ASW as that is known to cause stutters. When your flight is loaded or at any time after that, hold down the "Control" key and press "1" on the numpad. You may do this many times as it is not a toggle. Ctrl + numpad 1 is the hotkey command to disable ASW. I do this whenever I start a flight in VR in all sims including DCS World and the effect is pronounced. With ASW active there is often stuttering and disabling it helps a lot. I think the other hotkeys are "ctrl + 2 = ASW Auto" and "ctrl + 3 = ASW Force On"
    Ah HA... I suspected this but wasn't aware that it could be disabled. I can't (well I can..) fly without RW weather anymore. This was actually an issue back in the FSX days but I thought they worked through all that nonsense. Would you happen to know if REX weather is causing this same thing. I seem to keep jumping from one the the other because of this stuff.

Also, not using flyinside anymore as it was causing too many crashes.

Thank you for the assist.

LouP

Not too sure about REX weather specifically. Up until very recently I did ues REX Skyforce for the weather engine in P3DV4. I use OPUS FSX for FSX and P3DV3. Just a couple of weeks ago I bought Active Sky, mainly so I could finally have a weather radar in the PMDG 737 and 777, and because it was on sale. So glad I finally got Active Sky, it really works well. I also use REX Environment Force ans Sky Force handles the textures and cloud models. These three work together well for me. Only Environment Force and Active Sky need to run in the background because Environment Force just uses the textures and models from Sky Force to dynamically change the look of the weather as it changes.

To answer your question about REX weather, I don't think it would specifically cause any issues. Any time your sim creates heavy weather, ie a lot of clouds and/or rain, thunder etc it has to work more to draw all this stuff and to calculate external forces created by such weather, so this will have an overall effect on performance, and as a result you will be more prone to stutters and/or FPS loss.

Members who have read this thread: 0