Just touching base, for some of the old hands

Thread: Just touching base, for some of the old hands

Just touching base, for some of the old hands

I'm crossram. Don't know if any of you remember me, since it's been several years, now. I'm the one who built the Ta 152 H1 BETA, surprised it's on page 1 of the CFS3 German aircraft. Someone uploaded it, no don't have any problem with that. Some are probably still cussing me, since I never textured the wing tips!

Just wanted to let some of you know what happened to me. A bad deal virus. One I was told, would 're-write' every file on my computer...10 years work, going through all the CFS games. Supposedly, it's fixed. But, me being me, I swore if I ever got a virus, I would give it all up. That's what I did. After that, life got in the way, my project car and such.

Too bad. I had some great projects going on. Bassingbourn airfield, one of the larger U-boat bases, and a good handful of aircraft, both American and German, a German Flakship, might still be floating around. (Somebody e-mailed me while back, about some of my hangar models. Sorry I didn't respond. I'd have to start up that computer, something I might do in the future.)

I won't be on here much, unless I do plug things in. Just wanted to say hey, and see what's new.

SOH-CM-2020
    Greetings, Crossram! Is yours the nassty flakship that is used in ETO? Makes life very uncomfortable.

Sorry to hear about the virus. I hope there are a chorus of requests for you to explore the amazing improvements now appearing in CFS3. The latest series of aircraft look stunning with new shaders by Ankor. The shaders and new code by gecko allow for immersive cockpits and I need to go to flight school before trying to take off in one of the new MkII Spitfires....

MIA no more

Hello crossram, some of us remember you yet so feel free to drop in any time. We're still a generally civilised lot, don't y'know!

For new developments, see the recent threads, especially re the new Spit Mk.II model and its coding transformations and the simply stunning new shaders for the old gal, much loved, that is CFS3.
    Tom
    __________________________________________________ ___________________________________________
    Wisdom is the principal thing; therefore get wisdom: and with all thy getting get understanding. Proverbs 4:7

Yea I'm still cussing you regards the H1 wingtips!
    It's really good to see you on here again Ted, you also need to map your excellent BV 222
    John
    (DR/ MAW/ ETO/ PTO Textures)

Keep it coming!

Quote Originally Posted by crossram View Post
    I'm crossram. Don't know if any of you remember me, since it's been several years, now. I'm the one who built the Ta 152 H1 BETA, surprised it's on page 1 of the CFS3 German aircraft. Someone uploaded it, no don't have any problem with that. Some are probably still cussing me, since I never textured the wing tips!

Just wanted to let some of you know what happened to me. A bad deal virus. One I was told, would 're-write' every file on my computer...10 years work, going through all the CFS games. Supposedly, it's fixed. But, me being me, I swore if I ever got a virus, I would give it all up. That's what I did. After that, life got in the way, my project car and such.

Too bad. I had some great projects going on. Bassingbourn airfield, one of the larger U-boat bases, and a good handful of aircraft, both American and German, a German Flakship, might still be floating around. (Somebody e-mailed me while back, about some of my hangar models. Sorry I didn't respond. I'd have to start up that computer, something I might do in the future.)

I won't be on here much, unless I do plug things in. Just wanted to say hey, and see what's new.
    Sure glad you are ok Ted, was worried about you. Tried your email I have had for you several times, but never heard back. Thought maybe you headed for Hawaii,lol Sorry about your PC, hope its been sorted. I still have your Bassingbourn and Gilze files for CFS2,lol Along with all the JU 88 files I got from you, including the C4!
    Good to see you stop by! Scott

Thanks for stopping by! I well remember some of those projects like the BV 222 and the sub base. CFS3 has changed a lot since then, Ankor's shaders bringing dynamic shadows, working reflector gunsights, and a host of other improvements has moved the sim forward by at least a decade. Worth a look through the screenshots thread to see how much has changed.

Wow! Thanks, guys.

Some of you reminded me of some of my projects, I had forgotten! Guess it's been too long.

Yep, on the BV222, I was on the verge of texturing it, when things went south. Those wing turrets were a heck of a ride!

Thanks for remembering my Ju88 nightfighters. Was in the wind, to build some, too, but from scratch, since I didn't think much of the CFS3 versions. Also was studying hard on Venlo, gathering a lot of good info. Everything I made was from scratch, so it was all very time-consuming.

Hate to admit it, but that was too much of my problem...too many irons in the fire.

I will do some floating around, and see what's new. (Maybe I'll get the bug, again.)

Venlo! Interesting as I'm nearly in the final stage for that,. PM me if you ever want to compare stuff. Already have a Deelen which I've also just reworked a bit.

Cato said "Carthaginem esse delendam"
    I say "Carthago iam diu deleta,sed enim Bellum Alium adhuc aedificandum est"

Sulphur,South West Louisiana in the good'ol USA
    Blog Entries
    Wonderful to hear from you crossram. Welcome back. Regards,Scott

Good to hear from some of you old hands. I miss it all, but right now, not sure what I'll do. Bad heart and cancer slowed me down, a little. I'm okay, but who knows, right?

Venlo...nightfighter base...one I always wanted to know more about it, and get it into CFS. I contacted the gent, over all the Venlo historic items, looking for any and all photos I could get. If I build something, I want it as accurate as I can make it. Well, the gent told me, I did NOT need, or would he let me have, any photos of Venlo!
    He did send me one photo. A large aerial photo, overhead, showing the entire field, looking at the camo applied to it. But, that photo is on that computer, along with all my other files. Still considering firing it up, but I would have to positively know the files were okay to open.

Dang, it's great to hear from you guys! Thanks for remembering me.

Old age is messing with my memory too Ted, been trying to remember what the name of that restored B25 was that you worked on, but just can't remember. lol

'Big 'ol Brew'

Brew is long gone now. It was originally a PBJ 1, think that's right, a Navy/Marine version with a solid nose.
    Won't get into it, but Brew was stolen from us, took over by the CAF, out to California, and re-built to it's original model. It's named 'Semper Fi' now.

Surprised you remembered that!

I remember you sending me a pic of you working on it, when you were a lot younger at the time too,lol I think that was you in the pic!

Kurier auf Stube...pauke! NachtPiloten's Avatar
    Ted

I remember you, you were the JU88 guy. Hope all is well. I think you shared with me a JU88 exterior a time far passed....

TSK

Quote Originally Posted by crossram View Post
    'Big 'ol Brew'

Brew is long gone now. It was originally a PBJ 1, think that's right, a Navy/Marine version with a solid nose.
    Won't get into it, but Brew was stolen from us, took over by the CAF, out to California, and re-built to it's original model. It's named 'Semper Fi' now.

Surprised you remembered that!
    I remember a lot of stuff we used to talk about Ted, when we were discussing things about the JU88 C2, you told me about some secret missions flown by Luftwaffe, using the 88, flown from Finland over Russia way back during the war. Also about your Dad's job in the Air Force while stationed in England. All the pics you sent me of the "Brew" also, but all that stuff is on a Win98 pc that is not usable anymore. Can't remember what I did yesterday, but can remember our discussions we used to have,, funny how that works,lol Ah, the Golden Years!!

Quote Originally Posted by NachtPiloten View Post
    Ted

I remember you, you were the JU88 guy. Hope all is well. I think you shared with me a JU88 exterior a time far passed....

TSK
    The JU88 guy, hehe, never thought about it, like that. Yeah, I was always willing to share my stuff. A way to return all the great, free work others did.
    Still have a thing for Ju88 nightfighters, besides some others. Also did my own airfiles. Think I mentioned this, back then, and the gentleman is probably passed now. On the Ju88 airfile, doing all my research, touched base with someone in England, and he was willing to ask a gentleman he was friends with. (I was asking how it acted, when flaps went down, besides other things.)

He would not give the gentleman's name, which I understood. He was an older German, ex German pilot from the war, many hours in the 88s, and Hitler's personal pilot!

Hi Crossram,

Good to see you here again!

ACC Member, ETO and PTO contributor & librarian

It's great hearing from all of you. Many of the names, I remember well. Thanks for the warm welcome, after all these years.

re-member,remem-ma-member popsaka's Avatar

Hey yo

Always cool to hear from alumni...
    So glad you're ok
    Did you ever finish that JU-88 .air file? It sounds really interesting...
    cheers

Need to get a CFS3 enabled PC up and running!

Cato said "Carthaginem esse delendam"
    I say "Carthago iam diu deleta,sed enim Bellum Alium adhuc aedificandum est"

The Ju88 airfile was for the Ju88 C2 I made, in CFS2. Yep, it was finished. For CFS3, I'd have to re-check it.
    I'd love to build both a C2, and C4, for CFS3. But, dangit, then I'd have to dig up Venlo, or Gilze-Rijen.

Yeah, I know, Mongoose.

Members who have read this thread: 0