A new entry has been added to Add-Ons Library, category FSX Ships

Description: USS Yorktown Class carrier CV-5 USS Yorktown / CV-6 USS Enterprise / CV-8 USS Hornet

The Yorktown class was a class of three aircraft carriers built for the United States Navy and completed shortly before World War II. They immediately followed Ranger, the first U.S. aircraft carrier built as such, and benefited in design from experience with Ranger and the earlier Lexington class, which were conversions into carriers of two battlecruisers that were to be scrapped to comply with the Washington Naval Treaty, an arms limitation accord. These ships bore the brunt of early action in the Pacific War, and two of the three were lost: Yorktown, sunk at the Battle of Midway, and Hornet, sunk in the Battle of the Santa Cruz Islands.

Enterprise, the sole survivor of the class, was the most decorated ship of the U.S. Navy in the Second World War. After efforts to save her as a museum ship failed, she was scrapped in 1958.

One of the ships will show up the CV-8 USS Hornet in her configuration on Doolittle Raid to Tokio with B-25 on her decks.

Ships within the package: 3 Carriers

CV-5 USS Yorktown
CV-6 USS Enterprise
CV-8 USS Hornet

9 Battleships

USS_BB-26_South Carolina
USS_BB-32_Wyoming
USS_BB-35_Texas
USS_BB-39_Arizona
USS_BB-40_New-Mexico
USS_BB-44_California
USS_BB-45_Colorado
USS_BB-48_West Virginia
USS_BB-60_Alabama

Special thanks: I use the carrier from maxromash, (Sketchfab ), under licence Attribution-NonCommercial 4.0 International (CC BY-NC 4.0) with different changes I did to this ships.

Mr Bing Chandler (Skippy) from flyingstations.com for his permission to use his barrier and the gauge from his very nice Victorius Early War carriers.

I used other freeware models for this too. Most aircraft models are original from CFS2 and converted to FSX. Surely all models i use are freeware. So please don`t use all the elements of this models in other way as freeware without the permission of the designers.

I hope you will enjoy these models.

Klaus Nowak (aka klnowak in Sim Outhouse)
Dezember 2019
klnowak@web.de

To check it out, rate it or add comments, visit USS Yorktown Class carrier USS Yorktown / USS Enterprise / USS Hornet.zip
The comments you make there will appear in the posts below.