Pearl Harbor

Thread: Pearl Harbor

Pearl Harbor

I remember the Pearl Harbor Project being worked on so many years ago.Everyone was looking forward for it's release which came 6 or 7 years from when it was originally started. Next missions were released which I thought were well researched and done.

Two maybe three years ago the the PHP scenery was upgraded with some things not in the scenery package.I helped with this upgrade because I had all the original scenery from the project thanks to Hiede sending me CD's and DVD's.

Now it seems to me people in this forum forget what the date the date of the Pearl Harbor attack took place,if you flew the missions you should know.

Here's a reminder.

December 7,1941

A lot of people in this forum are History Buffs and seemed to have forgotten.Not many veterans who survived the attack are around now and they should be honored as well as their comrades that lost their lives.Don't forget them.I never will.I have had the Honor to speak to speak to a few when I was at Pearl Harbor 2004.

TheBookie

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	3.0.png 
Views:	7 
Size:	23.5 KB 
ID:	72726
    "Let Being Helpful Be More Important Than Being Right!" Some SOH Founder.

Icon9 Reply...

The Bookie,

It was on my mind yesterday, but I didn't have the opportunity to post. Just because people don't post doesn't mean they have forgotten. Some of us have additional responsibilities and obligations at the moment, (such as finishing up a semester of graduate school and preparing to depart for surgery in another part of the country...just speaking for myself) and making the insinuation that people have forgotten comes across, frankly, as condescending and insidious.

That being said, I did hear that the last survivor of the USS Arizona, Lauren Bruner, has their remains interred on the ship itself. We owe our freedom in so many ways to these veterans, and not forgetting the sacrifices that they fought and in many cases died for, both on the battlefield at back at home, along with what they fought to protect.
    "Rami"

"Me? I'm just a Sea of Tranquility in an Ocean of Storms, babe."

My campaign site: http://www.box.net/shared/0k1e1rz29h
    My missions site: http://www.box.net/shared/ueh4kazk3v
    My scenery site: http://www.box.net/shared/knb1l0ztobhs2esb14rb

Quote Originally Posted by Rami View Post
    The Bookie,

It was on my mind yesterday, but I didn't have the opportunity to post. Just because people don't post doesn't mean they have forgotten. Some of us have additional responsibilities and obligations at the moment, (such as finishing up a semester of graduate school and preparing to depart for surgery in another part of the country...just speaking for myself) and making the insinuation that people have forgotten comes across, frankly, as condescending and insidious.

That being said, I did hear that the last survivor of the USS Arizona, Lauren Bruner, has their remains interred on the ship itself. We owe our freedom in so many ways to these veterans, and not forgetting the sacrifices that they fought and in many cases died for, both on the battlefield at back at home, along with what they fought to protect.

So I thought about the day and am just installing the scenery again. Is there still something being done about this great project ( maybe additional missions or improvements to the scenery )? A What if mission with the Third Wave would appeal to me - I think Flight One even had such a mission.

I would be happy if the ships in Pearl would get an optical update sometime - that would give the scenario an additional attraction.

Too bad Talon left us, I guess he might have added Dombral's layout to the whole thing?

At this point a big thank you to the PHP team.

Pearl Harbour is one of the places I want to see in this life.

So I know, but Haleiwa and Belows Field don't exist anymore, do they? where was Stanley Field? Was that something like Haleiwa?

Members who have read this thread: 1