Manfred's C-47 with PBR - Page 3
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Manfred's C-47 with PBR

Quote Originally Posted by martyjr View Post
    When I now try to download the Douglas_C47_P3D_45.ZIP I get a HTTP Error 404

Is this file available for download now?
    I'm getting the same error. Where I can get the fully updated package as above?
    Thanks.

In this forum's library search "kn660". File name is P3D v4.5 Douglas C47 RAF KN660.zip. Direct link is http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforum...d=219&id=25950

(Downloads alright from here.)

And there is a small patch to the interior mdl, which you can download directly from: https://www.dropbox.com/s/48chfazrny...riorA.zip?dl=0

Hi Manfred,

Just noticed that the navlights are "white" instead of "red" or "green" in the PBR version?

Does anyone have this also?

Marcel

And +1 for update for P3Dv5 with A2A Rain Effect for v5
    http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforum...-for-P3Dv5-out .
    Webmaster of yoyosims.pl.

Win 10 64, i9 13900 KF, RTX 4090 24Gb, RAM64Gb, SSD M.2 NVMe, Predator XB271HU res.2560x1440 27'' G-sync, Sound Blaster Z + 5.1, TiR5 [MSFS, P3Dv5, DCS, RoF, Condor, IL-2 CoD/BoX] VR fly only: Meta Quest Pro

Quote Originally Posted by mgr View Post
    Hi Manfred,

Just noticed that the navlights are "white" instead of "red" or "green" in the PBR version?

Does anyone have this also?

Marcel
    Indeed, for some users the (hardcoded) nav lights show up white while for others including myself they show up normal. No idea why. It comes up briefly in the plane's download discussion thread here, without anyone hitting on the cause or a solution:

http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforum...-RAF-KN660-zip

Manfred-

I too am getting the white lights in v4.5 HF3, with the PBR version, is there any way to have her sans Rebecca whiskers?

I did get the model update that allows for rain effects but are there any other files the PBR version needs?

I did reach out to Gordon, however, I am not sure what the other cockpit folder in his paint is supposed to do... "texture.dgint" (it's still early on a Saturday morning on the west coast)? Any idea?

Stay safe!

C

Quote Originally Posted by mjahn View Post
    ...And there is a small patch to the interior mdl, which you can download directly from: https://www.dropbox.com/s/48chfazrny...riorA.zip?dl=0
    Could somebody please upload this patch file to another website, perhaps even here at SoH ?

For some reason, I can no longer use Dropbox with any of my computers, even though I have an account with them. For example, when I click on the link in Manfred's post, a new page opens but none of the links on that page work . . .

Update on Nav Lights

Just found the cause for the Nav Lights showing up mostly white for some users: it is the HDR setting. They go back to normal red/green once you turn HDR off in options. (TBH, never liked it anyway.)

Quote Originally Posted by rohan View Post
    Could somebody please upload this patch file to another website, perhaps even here at SoH ?

For some reason, I can no longer use Dropbox with any of my computers, even though I have an account with them. For example, when I click on the link in Manfred's post, a new page opens but none of the links on that page work . . .
    No problem, take it https://www.sendspace.com/file/f8qn2v I put it here temporarily.

Win 10 64, i9 13900 KF, RTX 4090 24Gb, RAM64Gb, SSD M.2 NVMe, Predator XB271HU res.2560x1440 27'' G-sync, Sound Blaster Z + 5.1, TiR5 [MSFS, P3Dv5, DCS, RoF, Condor, IL-2 CoD/BoX] VR fly only: Meta Quest Pro

I am attaching it here.

Edit, Just seen YoYo's post, so you get it twice. No matter, one day IÄll re-upload the complete package.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Just found the cause for the Nav Lights showing up mostly white for some users: it is the HDR setting. They go back to normal red/green once you turn HDR off in options. (TBH, never liked it anyway.)
    On my setup I have Red and Green lights with HDR ON. If I turn HDR OFF I only have white lights...go figure.

Garry

Jankees, PBR is a new skillset to learn. One thing, is to understand what actually does what in the texture files, and how the Albedo (diffuse) map interacts with the Roughness Metallic files.

P3D has it setup differently than DCS, but it still applies. The Albedo color needs to be MUCH MUCH lighter than anything is FSX or non PBR P3D ever did. The brightness of the color plays a part in it's luminosity in terms of PBR bloom. The problem I see most, is that people will confuse the SMOOTHNESS, with the METALNESS. While BOTH work together to create a "Metallic" surface, increasing the Smoothness without increasing the Dielectric component usually results in something looking "Wet" or glossy. The other HUGE consideration with PBR in P3D, is that at least to my eye, appears to not use the environment very well as the reflection. It's too washed out. In order to get a convincing Aircraft aluminum, you need to have bright, direct sunlight, with no clouds, and a HIGH contrast sky color, like very dark blue. Otherwise, at least to my eyes, the PBR is not rendered well in low lighting conditions.

You can see in the images above, that the contrast is much better. This was a significant change from the actual color in the FSX/P3D (non PBR) version of the XF92 skin. In previous non-PBR the skin tone was actually about 50% brightness dark grey #808080 RGB. This image is nearing the white range in terms of Albedo color. Perhaps this has changed in v5, but it doesn't appear so?

These are images below are some paints I've done for DCS, used for comparison for PBR. But it illustrates better how a rendering engine uses PBR. Unless the paint is glossy with some kind of clear coat, the smoothness required is much lower. I use ~50% brightness in the Green channel for paint. The Blue channel I use somewhere near almost black (#191919) for paint that is a non conductive insulator.

MACH 3 DESIGN STUDIO
    Heatblur Rivet Counting Squad™

One surely wishes LM had taken over DCS's PBR system and logic wholesale -- as your pictures amply demonstrate!

Manfred, maybe textures (PBR) are fine just MDL must be updated only, check this post of TiAr http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforum...=1#post1220539 .

Thanks very much for re-uploading the patch file . . .

@Yoyo: Seen this, and easily tested. Run the model (PBR C-47 if you want) through MCX with the new v5 option set up, recompile, set the Blue channel to whichever shade of grey (note LM's reply to our thread there - zilch), and see if it makes any difference. I don't have v5 yet, so can't tell. To be honest, I don't expect much of a change, so won't bother at this time. Others might try it though.

BTW on the claim that the v5 ImageTool is necessary for PBR, if you handle the metallic channels via Photoshop and the Nvidia plugin, there is no need to use ImageTool, new or old. Bumps, or 'normals' as they are now called, may be a different matter.

with the new v5 option set up
    My knowladge about MCX isnt very well, Im noob here but I can try, what can I do to set up this for v5 option?
    Btw. My MCX is 1.4.0.0. version.

Hi Manfred,

Apparently this is related to the sim's HDR lighting option. Try turning it ON if off, or vice versa.
    Does not work on my side i'm afraid.

Do have another solution though :-) Just add these extra lights to the aircraft.cfg at the [lights] section, added two on each side:

light.6 = 3, -27.48, -47.25, 1.10, fx_navred ,
    light.7 = 3, -27.48, 47.25, 1.10, fx_navgre ,
    light.8 = 3, -27.52, -47.25, 1.10, fx_navred ,
    light.9 = 3, -27.52, 47.25, 1.10, fx_navgre ,

Marcel

Quote Originally Posted by YoYo View Post
    My knowladge about MCX isnt very well, Im noob here but I can try, what can I do to set up this for v5 option?
    Btw. My MCX is 1.4.0.0. version.

1. MCX 1.4. is correct, make sure it's the very latest (April 2020). It gets updated frequently.

2. Download and install the v5 SDK from LM.

3. In MCX options, set up the paths pointing to the SDK.

4. Load the model. In MCX Material Editor, set material type to PBR Materials.

5. Open the first _albedo material. Set the reflectance switch to TRUE. Possibly repeat for the second _albedo, or keep the second as is, to see the difference.

6. Export the model as P3d v4.4+

7. Tweak the Blue channel of the _metallic texture trying various shades of grey.

8. Check in sim. Restart the sim after each texture/model change.

Good luck!

Hi Manfred,

Does not work on my side i'm afraid.

Do have another solution though :-) Just add these extra lights to the aircraft.cfg at the [lights] section, added two on each side:

light.6 = 3, -27.48, -47.25, 1.10, fx_navred ,
    light.7 = 3, -27.48, 47.25, 1.10, fx_navgre ,
    light.8 = 3, -27.52, -47.25, 1.10, fx_navred ,
    light.9 = 3, -27.52, 47.25, 1.10, fx_navgre ,

Marcel
    Marcel-

THANKS for that! It works. There were already entries for 6, 7, 8, and 9 so I just added these below. Is there a way to get the light glow SIZE reduced? I thought I remembered something about that as well...

C

Quote Originally Posted by cavaricooper View Post
    Manfred-

I did reach out to Gordon, however, I am not sure what the other cockpit folder in his paint is supposed to do... "texture.dgint" (it's still early on a Saturday morning on the west coast)? Any idea?

C
    Can anyone shed light on this folder? I did put it in the C-47 PBR folder, but looking at the .cfg I'm not sure I see any reference to it...

Ta- C

Hi,

Quote Originally Posted by cavaricooper View Post
    Can anyone shed light on this folder? I did put it in the C-47 PBR folder, but looking at the .cfg I'm not sure I see any reference to it...
    It's Gordon's VC repaint, so his repaints refer to it, example:
    [fltsim]
    fallback.1=..\texture.dgint
    fallback.2=..\..\..\..\Scenery\Global\texture
    fallback.3=..\..\..\..\..\..\Scenery\Global\textur e

Regards,

Marcel

Just the opposite for me HDR on = red/green
    HDR off = white lights (P3D V4.5)

Thanks very much for re-uploading the patch file . . .

I'm a little late to the show, but what does that patch do? I installed the PBR recently and
    wonder if this something that wasn't fixed in the later release of the PBR C-47?

Hi,

It's Gordon's VC repaint, so his repaints refer to it, example:
    [fltsim]
    fallback.1=..\texture.dgint
    fallback.2=..\..\..\..\Scenery\Global\texture
    fallback.3=..\..\..\..\..\..\Scenery\Global\textur e

Regards,

Marcel
    Thanks Marcel- that clears it up... appreciated!

C

Members who have read this thread: 2