Hamilton & Rossi To Swap Rides!!
Results 1 to 11 of 11

Thread: Hamilton & Rossi To Swap Rides!!

  1. #1

    Hamilton & Rossi To Swap Rides!!

    Stay tuned to social media!

  2. #2
    Old news Ed.
    Just another PR stunt put together by 'Monster Energy' purveyors of super sugary and extra salty 'Sports Drink'.
    Came up at least a month ago on Race department.

    "Illegitimum non carborundum".

    Corsair Obsidian 900D Full Tower. MSI X99A XPOWER GAMING TITANIUM. Intel Core i7 Extreme Edition 5960X Haswell-E LGA2011-3 8 Core @ 4.8GHz. Thermaltake Water 3 Riing RGB Cooler Premium Edition 6 x Riing 12 fans. ASUS ROG Strix GeForce RTX 2080 Ti OC Edition, 11GBx2 in SLI.
    Corsair Dominator Platinum 32G 2800MHz DDR4 Kit. LG BH16NS40 BluRay Reader/Writer. Corsair CMPSU-HX1000i FM 1000Watt x2.
    Samsung 850 EVO 500GB SSD x 3. Samsung 850 EVO 1TB SSD x1.
    Western Digital WD Gold 4TB Datacenter HDD.
    Acer Predator X34P 34inch IPS LED Curved Gaming Monitor 3440x1440 120Hz

  3. #3
    Hmmm...Rossi has previously driven a F1 car, a Ferrari @ 2004, IIRC, not sure how Hamilton would cope with a bike though.

    Ttfn

    Pete

  4. #4
    A year ago Lewis tested a Superbike:

    https://www.autosport.com/f1/news/140602/hamilton-told-to-slow-down-in-superbike-test


    Intel i7-7770K Kaby Lake @4.2Ghz, Cooler Master 212 Evo, 16 Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR4 RAM, Asus ROG Strix Z270H motherboard, Asus RTX 2070 Turbo 8Gb, Cooler Master 700 Watt PSU, Windows 10 64-bit.

  5. #5

    Icon2

    Quote Originally Posted by wombat666 View Post
    Old news Ed.
    Just another PR stunt put together by 'Monster Energy' purveyors of super sugary and extra salty 'Sports Drink'.
    Came up at least a month ago on Race department.

    It was announced just yesterday by both Rossi and Hamilton on their FB sites....

  6. #6
    Quote Originally Posted by Panther_99FS View Post
    It was announced just yesterday by both Rossi and Hamilton on their FB sites....
    It may well have been so Ed but Farcebook isn't where I look for MotoGP 'news', that aside as mentioned the subject appeared on Race Department a few weeks ago.
    Aside from Rossi doing a few laps in the old Ferrari he has driven in a few domestic rally events as well as the odd WRC round.
    Yamaha will need to de-tune the bike if the want Louise to return it in one piece.
    Riding a competition Superbike is relatively easy......not so a MotoGP beast.

    "Illegitimum non carborundum".

    Corsair Obsidian 900D Full Tower. MSI X99A XPOWER GAMING TITANIUM. Intel Core i7 Extreme Edition 5960X Haswell-E LGA2011-3 8 Core @ 4.8GHz. Thermaltake Water 3 Riing RGB Cooler Premium Edition 6 x Riing 12 fans. ASUS ROG Strix GeForce RTX 2080 Ti OC Edition, 11GBx2 in SLI.
    Corsair Dominator Platinum 32G 2800MHz DDR4 Kit. LG BH16NS40 BluRay Reader/Writer. Corsair CMPSU-HX1000i FM 1000Watt x2.
    Samsung 850 EVO 500GB SSD x 3. Samsung 850 EVO 1TB SSD x1.
    Western Digital WD Gold 4TB Datacenter HDD.
    Acer Predator X34P 34inch IPS LED Curved Gaming Monitor 3440x1440 120Hz

  7. #7

    Quote Originally Posted by wombat666 View Post
    It may well have been so Ed but Farcebook isn't where I look for MotoGP 'news', that aside as mentioned the subject appeared on Race Department a few weeks ago.
    Aside from Rossi doing a few laps in the old Ferrari he has driven in a few domestic rally events as well as the odd WRC round.
    Yamaha will need to de-tune the bike if the want Louise to return it in one piece.
    Riding a competition Superbike is relatively easy......not so a MotoGP beast.

    Merry Christmas Scrooge!

  8. #8

    Quote Originally Posted by Ferry_vO View Post
    A year ago Lewis tested a Superbike:

    https://www.autosport.com/f1/news/140602/hamilton-told-to-slow-down-in-superbike-test


    He's a bit more talented than some folks give him credit for....

  9. #9

  10. #10
    Senior Administrator huub vink's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    Noordwijk, The Netherlands (EHVB)
    Age
    61
    Posts
    7,581
    He is definitely talented Ed, I think not many people will deny that. He has obviously a lot of qualities, like quick reflexes, which would make him a fast at a MotoGP bike as well. However it was mentioned in the Italian press that Lewis had crashed the Yamaha. Although the sponsor Monster Energy originally denied, it was confirmed by Lewis later in a press conference that he had spinned the bike and fell off. However he had been able to return the machine still in one piece.

    It doesn't say really say anything about Lewis skills to ride a motorbike, as I convinced he is pretty fast, but it shows what sponsors like us to believe.....

    Cheers,
    Huub

  11. #11

    Icon2

    Quote Originally Posted by huub vink View Post
    He is definitely talented Ed, I think not many people will deny that. He has obviously a lot of qualities, like quick reflexes, which would make him a fast at a MotoGP bike as well. However it was mentioned in the Italian press that Lewis had crashed the Yamaha. Although the sponsor Monster Energy originally denied, it was confirmed by Lewis later in a press conference that he had spinned the bike and fell off. However he had been able to return the machine still in one piece.

    It doesn't say really say anything about Lewis skills to ride a motorbike, as I convinced he is pretty fast, but it shows what sponsors like us to believe.....

    Cheers,
    Huub
    I can believe he crashed the bike - heck, Marc Marquez has crashed as well....
    But...

    I look at the whole thing as a great PR event! I'm for anything that will bring more fans to both MotoGP and F1! So if it brings more Hamilton fans to MotoGP, it's a WIN!!! If it brings more Rossi fans to F1, it's a WIN!!!

Members who have read this thread: 40

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •