P3D v4.5 North American F-86 E/F Sabre
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: P3D v4.5 North American F-86 E/F Sabre

P3D v4.5 North American F-86 E/F Sabre

Hello,

Here is a P3D v4.5 compatible version of the F-86 E/F originally developed for FS2004 by "SectionF8": Jan Visser, Hansjörg Naegele, Rob Young and Cliff Presley.

This template is distributed on AVSIM.

Unfortunately, many items have been removed from the AVSIM online version:

No pilot, external tanks, or external starting device, as well as wheel chocks and inlet and outlet caches.
    The yoke disappeared as well as clickable zones inside the cockpit.

Another Sabre is also available for download:

Developed by Kirk Olsson for FSX including 2D and 3D cockpits by Bob Chicilo and textures by Mark "Fireball" Rooks from RDG Aircraft.

Kirk Olsson's Sabre has a much less detailed virtual cockpit than SectionF8. On the other hand, it has some of the missing elements to SectionF8.

So I proceeded to a mixture of both models by adding to the F-86 "SectionF8:

- Transparency of the canopy and VC dynamic textures
    - The pilot
    - The droppable tanks (in cockpit view with the "jettison" button) I did not find the code to do it from the console pop-up
    - Displacement of the smoke effect for aerobatics
    - Active rearview mirror and its movement with the opening of the cockpit
    - Operational landing lights
    - The Yoke

There remains a pack of xml gauges that seem to have been "forgotten" at the previous transformation.

It is still possible to transfer the Sabre "Olsson" wheel chocks and caches to the reactor inlet and outlet with a cold and dark situation.

The virtual cockpit of Kirk Olsonn's Sabre:

http://www.easy-upload.net/fichiers/...9122111620.jpg

That of SectionF8

http://www.easy-upload.net/fichiers/...9122111716.jpg

And a video of the adaptation:

Jean
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails F86_gmax.2019122111620.jpg   F86_merge.2019122111716.jpg  

Hello,

Do you plan on sharing this please?

Priller

Hello Priller,

The Kirk-Olsson F-86 copyright authorizes the modifications:

copyrights

This is FREEWARE.

Your welcome to the gauges
    other changes you want to this plane. As long as they remain FREEWARE !!
    and you acknowledge that you modified my plane.

The copyright of the F-86 of SectionF8 does not allow modifications and the site is no longer active.

So, except that I get permission from a SectionF8 manager here, I can not make this realization available.

Jean

Quote Originally Posted by D5turbi View Post
    Hello Priller,

The Kirk-Olsson F-86 copyright authorizes the modifications:

copyrights

This is FREEWARE.

Your welcome to the gauges
    other changes you want to this plane. As long as they remain FREEWARE !!
    and you acknowledge that you modified my plane.

The copyright of the F-86 of SectionF8 does not allow modifications and the site is no longer active.

So, except that I get permission from a SectionF8 manager here, I can not make this realization available.

Jean
    Indeed the site is no longer active. But the main person behind it, Jan Visser is active on this site with the handle Javis!

Priller

Let us all pray that this IS released, as Jan's Sabre is easily (IMHO) the best Sabre very done!Bill

Thank your Priller,
    I will contact Javis.

Quote Originally Posted by Wings of Gold View Post
    Let us all pray that this IS released, as Jan's Sabre is easily (IMHO) the best Sabre very done!Bill
    Actually, Jan missed a few things. Namely, the FJ-2, FJ-3, FJ-4, F-86H, and F-86D. Other than that it was excellent.

Quote Originally Posted by Sundog View Post
    Actually, Jan missed a few things. Namely, the FJ-2, FJ-3, FJ-4, F-86H, and F-86D
    You missed one too : F-86K (my own fav 'Kaasjager' ) Yes, we were so enthusiastic and starry eyed back in those days, the sky was the limit ;-)

About P3Dv4 version of our one and only NA jet that *did* get take-off clearance : sorry to have to say that i don't think that this old lady belongs in P3Dv4. Atleast not in the rather crippled way as Jean has explained (sorry Jean). Heck, i'd say it doesn't even belong in FSX (we did start working on an FSX upgraded model but way back then Milviz kindly asked us to stop that.. ;-) Our Sabre model was made for FS9 and i strongly believe it should stay there. Personally i think that what Hansi and Rob have achieved with this model is particularly fantastic and seeing this all go to waste in a P3Dv4 version is just way too much compromise. (and i don't even speak about my precious pilot figure... ;-)

Hope you understand guys.

Cheers,
    Jan

So you gave in to the payware lobby, I understand but it's sad!

JMC

Hello Javis

I fully understand your point of view and respect your wish.
    This version will remain in my personal hangar.
    Sorry for Priller and Wings of Gold

Cheers
    Jean

Quote Originally Posted by gastonj View Post

JMC
    Agreed 150%!! And to Krazycollin at that... Sad!

Priller

D5turbi,Check your private messages, Bill Mackay

Quote Originally Posted by gastonj View Post

JMC

Quote Originally Posted by Priller View Post
    Agreed 150%!! And to Krazycollin at that... Sad!

Priller
    Now, now, gentlemen... Aren't you going a bit over the top here ? I have always tried to keep freeware alive but, hey, where would we be without PMDG, A2A, Aeroplane Heaven, Just Flight, Carenado, Flight Replicas, Aerosoft, and, for that matter, Milviz, to name but a few. In my FS book these hard working enthusiasts (along with their colleagues) kept FS alive and interesting thru all the years and deserve a reward in exchange for their efforts. I bet you have a number of aircraft from the above mentioned commercial developers in your hangars too, right ?

Btw, we weren't that far ahead with a native FSX version of our F-86 and i thought Colin's inquiry was very reasonable and understandable. I have never seen commercial developers as 'enemies' , in fact many moons ago i have been one myself.

Hello Javis

I fully understand your point of view and respect your wish.
    This version will remain in my personal hangar.
    Sorry for Priller and Wings of Gold

Cheers
    Jean
    Thank you for understanding, Jean.

I'm sorry for Bill and Priller too of course but it's all just too much of a compromise. Wouldn't be fair towards my SectionF8 colleagues neither.

Cheers,
    Jan

Quote Originally Posted by Javis View Post
    You missed one too : F-86K (my own fav 'Kaasjager' ) Yes, we were so enthusiastic and starry eyed back in those days, the sky was the limit ;-)
    Now that you mention it, I did prefer the K. The guns made much more sense to me than the rocket tray and the simplified systems were more reliable.

Hi all,
    I resume at the beginning the adaptation of the F-86 of SectionF8, without mixing models.
    For the moment it looks pretty good:

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 2019-12-09_08-54-16.20191299545.jpg   2019-12-09_08-53-19.20191299614.jpg  

Hi all,
    I resume at the beginning the adaptation of the F-86 of SectionF8, without mixing models.
    For the moment it looks pretty good:

it does indeed look brilliant. But the original dev won't let you share it because he doesn't want to annoy the payware maffia...

I know Priller.

It is also to show Javis that his "precious pilot figure" is now converted to P3D as well.

One of the rare things that I have not been able to transpose on P3D v4 is the manual boot with the boot group installed.
    Everything else works fine.

The main thing for me is that I learned a lot with this conversion.
    This can be used for other projects.

Best regards
    Jean

it does indeed look brilliant. But the original dev won't let you share it because he doesn't want to annoy the payware maffia...
    Ridiculous and totally wrong, Mr.Priller. The only reason is that it is a native FS9 model that just doesn't belong in P3Dv4. Draw the line somewhere, you know. Btw, 'payware maffia' ...... Sjeeezzz...

Ridiculous and totally wrong, Mr.Priller. The only reason is that it is a native FS9 model that just doesn't belong in P3Dv4. Draw the line somewhere, you know. Btw, 'payware maffia' ...... Sjeeezzz...
    Please don't insult my intelligence Mr. Javis. There are beautiful FS9 models worthy of conversion to native FSX/P3D format. Your Sabre and the Lago AMX to name just two.

And yes, the payware maffia. Just look at the prices that are being charged right now. It's tantamount to highway robbery.

Oh, and I own the Milviz Sabre. It is a nice model, but I think yours is better/nicer/more beautiful.

Like everybody, I can have an opinion and voice it. Most constitutions ensure that exact same right.

Priller

SOH-CM-2019
    Blog Entries
    I know that payware prices have skyrocketed and lots of work goes into them. No one is going to become a millionaire from programming a aircraft but give us a break. Many of us seniors are living on SS and can not afford $45 to 100 to spend on addons. I can’t do anything but drool over some new releases and i refuse to go the pirate way.

has anyone done a study of the economics of scale for these things (lower price means more sales means more overall profit)? I wonder how many sales were made when they were placed on sale over the holidays?

I can't give the actual numbers that I have seen, but I can say that for the most part the demand wouldn't increase sufficiently to justify the lowering of the prices. Its rare for a dev to even break even. You got me curious though....how much do you seniors usually have to save for when you really want something? It may be kinda harsh coming from a youngling like myself but given how our wise greybeards always advised us to save up (and I say this with deep respect for it is indeed wise counsel) for when we wanted something that we couldn't immediately purchase, is it feasible for us to return the favour?
    -JB

Naruto-kun (and others) - I enter this conversation reluctantly, but since you asked about how Milviz might help, I will respond. I participated in the T-38C development by paying my $25 "advance fee". This process seemed to be a "work for discount" scheme and I enjoyed it. I hope Milviz does something like that again.

My view about the cost / value of various add-ons (aircraft, scenery, utilities, etc.) is if you want it, you will find a way to acquire it (i.e., save the funds needed) . The artists, programmers, etc., deserve to make a living and will not provide those awesome add-ons if they can't. They will go to "greener pastures". I support deserving add-ons and own many. My sim experience today is fantastic and I'm "blown away" by the stuff that is available. Keep up the good work!

So, Milviz...do more $25 "advance fee" developments, I'm in as long as the weather in MN is cold and snowy!
    Jay
    USNR-Ret; Former Airline Migratory Worker; Builder, Owner, Operator RV-8 N817J
    Comp Spec - ASRock Steel Legend WiFi M/B, Ryzen 7 5800X, RX 6900 XT, 32GB RAM, M2 SSD for DCS, SATA SSD for MSFS2020

Please don't insult my intelligence Mr. Javis.
    Then please call on your intelligence and do not make false statements in a public forum anymore.

Btw, thank you for the kudos about our F-86 model, much appreciated, but it still is a native FS9 model that comes out crippled in P3Dv4, one way or another.

cheers,
    jan

Then please call on your intelligence and do not make false statements in a public forum anymore.

Btw, thank you for the kudos about our F-86 model, much appreciated, but it still is a native FS9 model that comes out crippled in P3Dv4, one way or another.

cheers,
    jan
    Did you just accuse me of lying?

Objective proof please. Or an apology.

Thank you.

Priller

Members who have read this thread: 1