X-Plane Prepares Pilots of Tomorrow

Thread: X-Plane Prepares Pilots of Tomorrow

Blog Entries

X-Plane Prepares Pilots of Tomorrow

Hello there!
    As we near the end of the year, and another decade comes to a close, we're grateful to have our hardworking team, and you as part of our community. Happy holidays and best wishes for the new year from everyone at Laminar Research!

AOPA Aviation STEM Symposium

Laminar Research recently attended the AOPA & United Airlines High School STEM Symposium in Denver, CO. We showed X-Plane 11 at the Honeycomb booth, where Honeycomb displayed their Alpha yoke unit, along with a prototype of the Honeycomb throttle. Gleim was also showing their training software running on X-Plane. Also in attendance was American Airlines, United Airlines, PSA, and a few other carriers, each promoting their cadet programs to attract students into the aviation field.
    This event brings dedicated educators from around the United States for two full days of sharing insights, ideas, and best practices for starting and building aviation STEM programs. The need for pilots, aerospace engineers, scientists, technologists, and technicians continues to grow. Industry forecasts project shortfalls in many of these fields. The AOPA Aviation STEM Symposium was a great opportunity for educators and administrators to discover how they can use X-Plane to prepare students for success in these exciting and well-paying careers.

Featured Add Ons

Check out our round up of the latest aircraft and scenery here!

Gateway News

Gateway artist IFR1302 submitted a carefully detailed version of Naha (ROAH) airport this fall. Gateway artists are always surprising us with their creative use of default scenery objects--this pack includes custom bunkers made from the embankments kit.

A Note from Austin

Control Pad is an iOS app I designed that allows your device to function as an instructor operating system for X-Plane. X-Plained has a thorough review and set up guide on this free app!
    Happy flying!

-- The X-Plane Team
    Vivat Christus Rex! Ad maiorem Dei gloriam

SOH-CM-2019
    Blog Entries
    I’ve been trying to get the control pad to work with my I pad but it seems it cannot connect.

Looking forward to the future of X-Plane so thank you to the X-Plane team for all the work that do.

Members who have read this thread: 0