Manfred Jahn C-47 Dakota for FSX, P3D and P3Dv4.5
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Manfred Jahn C-47 Dakota for FSX, P3D and P3Dv4.5

Blog Entries

Manfred Jahn C-47 Dakota for FSX, P3D and P3Dv4.5

A Thanksgiving Video

Just in time for Thanksgiving, the long awaited Prepar3Dv4 upgrade to the MJ "Dak", now enabled for PBR in P3Dv4.5 is here. The model includes the meticulous bump maps by Ted "TuFun" Wolfgang. The video features four premier skins for the Dakota and an inspiring sound track.

I spend the last few days upgrading a few of my skins for the new model including the mods to convert the DAK for PBR. Once again I used one of Jan Kees Blom's immaculate skins in this video, upgraded for PBR. Ted's meticulously crafted normal maps finish off this magnificent aircraft perfectly.

I've waited a long time to do a video of the DAK, the end result speaks for itself. Please indulge me for posting this particular video in the FSX forum, but the new DAK is for FSX & P3D, therefore this blog will allow more people to see the DAK in all her glory.

Thank you Manfred Jahn and Team.

Enjoy

He who knows nothing is closer to the truth than he whose mind is filled with falsehoods and errors.
    Thomas Jefferson

Intel Core i9-9900K Coffee Lake | Cooler MasterAir Maker 8 CPU Thermal Cooler | ASUS ROG Strix Z390-E LGA 1151 | CORSAIR Vengeance RGB Pro 32GB 288-Pin DDR4/3200 | EVGA GeForce GTX 1080 Ti 11GB | SAMSUNG 860 EVO Series M.2 1TB SSD | Mushkin Chronos 240GB 2.5 SSD | WD Black 2TB 7200 RPM |WD Black 5TB 7200 RPM | CORSAIR HX Series HX1200 PSU | Windows 10 HP 64-bit

Thank YOU, Gordon! This vid really displays the old girl at her best. Those photo-realistic takes, especially towards the end, could fool anybody.

Thanks to Manfred and Gordon. The video is spectacular. I have tried to keep up with all the latest updates to this iconic aircraft. The last version that I can find is v3. I just check in the SOH library and the latest version 3 download is January 2019. Could you point me to the download for the latest version with PRB and all the newest updates? There have been so many improvements and downloads it gets a bit confusing as to which is the latest. Thanks for any help.
    Regards, Tom Stovall KRDD

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by mjahn View Post
    Thank YOU, Gordon! This vid really displays the old girl at her best. Those photo-realistic takes, especially towards the end, could fool anybody.
    Between the simulator and the aircraft, the reality factor is mind blowing at times.
    He who knows nothing is closer to the truth than he whose mind is filled with falsehoods and errors.
    Thomas Jefferson

Intel Core i9-9900K Coffee Lake | Cooler MasterAir Maker 8 CPU Thermal Cooler | ASUS ROG Strix Z390-E LGA 1151 | CORSAIR Vengeance RGB Pro 32GB 288-Pin DDR4/3200 | EVGA GeForce GTX 1080 Ti 11GB | SAMSUNG 860 EVO Series M.2 1TB SSD | Mushkin Chronos 240GB 2.5 SSD | WD Black 2TB 7200 RPM |WD Black 5TB 7200 RPM | CORSAIR HX Series HX1200 PSU | Windows 10 HP 64-bit

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by stovall View Post
    Thanks to Manfred and Gordon. The video is spectacular. I have tried to keep up with all the latest updates to this iconic aircraft. The last version that I can find is v3. I just check in the SOH library and the latest version 3 download is January 2019. Could you point me to the download for the latest version with PRB and all the newest updates? There have been so many improvements and downloads it gets a bit confusing as to which is the latest. Thanks for any help.
    Here are the links to the complete P3Dv4.5 PBR enabled stand alone package by MJ.

http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforum...-RAF-KN660-zip

http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforum...5950&catid=220
    Thomas Jefferson

Fantastic, Thanks Gordon, downloading now.
    Regards, Tom Stovall KRDD

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by stovall View Post
    Fantastic, Thanks Gordon, downloading now.
    You're welcome Tom. Updating my DAK texture library is a bit farther down the priority pile, but I'll upload those one at a time as I complete the mods.
    Thomas Jefferson

Beautiful work !

If the A-26 is the same ... it will be wonderful !!!

She is a Beauty

I didn't think this C-47 could get any better, but it has. Well done.

Icon14

Thank you very much for this excellent update! The PBR textures look awesome

I hope the model without the antenna will be released as well

Greetings
    Tim
    Greetings
    Tim

i5 12600K | 32Gb | RTX 4080

Too bad we cannot use and see the eye candy on this one in FSX.

" - P3D v4.4 and 4.5 PBR compatible only "
    Cheers, MZee ...

W11, Ryzen 9 7950X3D, GeForce RTX 4090 AERO OC, ROG Strix X670E-A Gaming, G.Skill Trident Z5 Neo RGB DDR5-6000 CL30 AMD EXPO 32GB (2), Kraken Z73 360mm, Lian Li UniFan SL120 V2 (10), Samsung 990 PRO PCIe 4.0 NVMe 2TB (4), MEG Ai1300P, Lian Li O11D XL, Logitech Z906 5.1, T16000M FCS HOTAS, Xbox Controller, Acer Nitro XV282K 4K UHD LED.

All white "Arctic" build.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Tim-HH View Post
    Thank you very much for this excellent update! The PBR textures look awesome

I hope the model without the antenna will be released as well

Greetings
    Tim
    Thanks Tim, I'd like to see that model too. I'm really happy with the PBR workflow as it stands, it'll be interesting to see what V5 will offer. One cone only hope for height mapping and the tempting bits we see popping up in the other upcoming simulator.
    Thomas Jefferson

I absolutely CANNOT get engines started

Followed procedures exactly as with other versions but here is what happens:
    1.Hitting STARTER button gets a whine but propellers will not turn
    2.Press "S" button on blue popup info box will start props turning
    3. that's all....Prime, check throttles/mixture, etc but no start.
    4 switching Starter to OFF has no effect. The "S" button will stop them.

Beautiful machine but what am I missing? Have I set something up incorrectly? Starter switch certainly doesn't seem exactly right.
    Neal Howard

Quote Originally Posted by Maj Kong View Post

Beautiful machine but what am I missing? Have I set something up incorrectly? Starter switch certainly doesn't seem exactly right.
    Neal Howard
    Hate to cheat...but have you tried Ctrl+E? Got your fuel turned on?
    Charlie Awaiting the new Microsoft Flight Sim and will eventually buy a new computer. Running a Chromebook for now!

Blog Entries

Neal Howard
    I have the same glitch using the physical switches on the panel. It's a bug...temporary I'm sure. If you use the POH checklist menu (shift+5) the engines sill start correctly by using the command sequence.
    Thomas Jefferson

I wonder if any of these beautiful FSX/P3D aircraft will be somehow compatible with the up and coming 'revolutionary new sim on the block' coming in 2020 ?

At first, things looked like they may be, ....... now with the latest video showing AC models with new systems, systems management, flight characteristics, touch enabled glass cockpits, effects, sounds, new PBR rendering engine, and interactive check lists ........... probably not.
    Cheers, MZee ...

W11, Ryzen 9 7950X3D, GeForce RTX 4090 AERO OC, ROG Strix X670E-A Gaming, G.Skill Trident Z5 Neo RGB DDR5-6000 CL30 AMD EXPO 32GB (2), Kraken Z73 360mm, Lian Li UniFan SL120 V2 (10), Samsung 990 PRO PCIe 4.0 NVMe 2TB (4), MEG Ai1300P, Lian Li O11D XL, Logitech Z906 5.1, T16000M FCS HOTAS, Xbox Controller, Acer Nitro XV282K 4K UHD LED.

All white "Arctic" build.

Quote Originally Posted by MZee1960 View Post
    I wonder if any of these beautiful FSX/P3D aircraft will be somehow compatible with the up and coming 'revolutionary new sim on the block' coming in 2020 ?

At first, things looked like they may be, ....... now with the latest video showing AC models with new systems, systems management, flight characteristics, touch enabled glass cockpits, effects, sounds, new PBR rendering engine, and interactive check lists ........... probably not.
    Yes I think we're at a definite maybe there as they have said that the old flight model will be available, but I'm guessing that the 3D assets will need to be prepped and exported for the new visual engine. Good chance that XML gauges MIGHT work, but compiled ones might not. Hopefully we get access to the SDK soon (which apparently will grow with developer/community feedback also)

Small Patch

Neal Howard
    Thanks for reporting this. Here is a small patch makes the defective starter switches workable again:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/48chfazrny...riorA.zip?dl=0

The revised model als includes wipers that clear the wiper area for the rain effect.

Thank´s Manfred

thank you Manfred for the quick response ans the fix.

Mr Zippy"Hate to cheat...but have you tried Ctrl+E? Got your fuel turned on?"

shame, shame....I never cheat (well,hardly ever)

Props will turn with fuel selector in ANY position.

Thanks for the fix. I also had this same problem, but thought just that I had done something wrong with timing or such. Used Ctrl+E since.

My Belgian C-47, now with pbr
    jk2648
    You can find most of my repaints for FSX/P3D in the library here on the outhouse.
    For MFS paints go to flightsim.to

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by jankees View Post
    That is fantastic! I will definitely look forward to seeing more of your work in PBR. Fair warning...it can become habit forming.
    Thomas Jefferson

Quote Originally Posted by jankees View Post
    jk2648

Hi Jankees,

nice shot! Could you tell me over which location you made that picture and which ,if any , scenery addon is used?
    I like the landscape below the aircraft.

Thanks and kind regards,

Flapsfull

Members who have read this thread: 18